It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 year old girl charged with with battery for 'allegedly' punching sister

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: Meldionne1
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I'm not sure how old you are..and don't take this the wrong way, ....but today moms can't do that...when I was a kid, my mom would have done the same thing...( and she did)...however, today, you can't spank your child in public without going to jail!!

This here^.

Parents CAN'T discipline their children without risking losing them and/or going to jail themselves. They are even saying that a time out is too traumatic for the child. Parents are supposed to explain everything and why the child's behavior made them (the parent) sad or mad or whatever. It doesn't even make sense. Developmentally most children don't acquire theory of mind until they are around four or five. Even then, try explaining to a four year old why he can't hit his sister because she broke his toy, or why he can't have a cookie before dinner. I don't argue with toddlers; because "I said so" works better. Human society is a hierarchy, deal with it.

I would put down money that this woman had no idea how to deal with a violent, out of control child because she knew that if she took the steps necessary to curb the behavior from the very beginning she could have risked having CPS march in there and break up her family and things just progressed to dangerous from there. All of you see a bad parent and I see desperation.

I do agree with this mostly, this country is screwed.
Bring on the reset.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

You may have taken my post out of context. I'm not saying what she did was right or wrong, but I did add my own personal story as to why the mother might have done what she did. But you are correct, I am not going to judge. It's not my place to do so. I don't personally know this mother, or the kids. I don't know the history of this child, and so any judgement I make would be based on what the media has spoonfed me. I tend to try to reserve my judgements of situations until I know more about the situation than what the media reports.

If I had more info, I'd be happy to weigh in regarding my personal thoughts on the matter.
edit on 2-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: how do I typo out entire words? Get it together, brain.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I know, and I'm sorry if I come across harsh, its wasn't aimed at you.

I just see so much wrong with all this, and its like a frog in a kettle.

I think the kettle is about to boil.

Sad

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I never said spanking shows what right and wrong. You didnt read my post correctly. Spanking doesnt show whats right and wrong, that up to the parents to do. Spanking shows the children that they have crossed a line that was set by the parent. I usually never spank my child, but if she or he is continually testing me then its time to step in. Children are brilliant, and will test a parent for his or her weakness. You only have to be a parent to know what im talking about. and I know you do. Im not responding to you but the whole topic. sorry

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

If you don't chew big red....

It does seem excessive from our standpoint for sure. But I learned a while back not to jump in with both feet screaming guilty in situations like this. There are children that have dangerous actions and lack ant sort of self control to actually control it. It's rare, but it have seen young children who are a danger to themselves and others.

Either way, it's an incredibly sad situation. I can't think about purposefully making it possible for authorities to arrest my daughter. But maybe she's one of these moms that couldn't wait to get rid of one of her children and this was easier than killing them. If that's the case... I'm glad they arrested her.

The world is a hot mess lately it seems.

edit on 12/2/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777

I never said spanking shows what right and wrong. You didnt read my post correctly. Spanking doesnt show whats right and wrong, that up to the parents to do. Spanking shows the children that they have crossed a line that was set by the parent. I usually never spank my child, but if she or he is continually testing me then its time to step in. Children are brilliant, and will test a parent for his or her weakness. You only have to be a parent to know what im talking about. and I know you do. Im not responding to you but the whole topic. sorry

I agree. I spanked my son once. Never had to again. He knows there is a line you don't cross.

He should know that, because all through life there are lines you don't cross. And if you do there are consequences.

That was when he was 5 or 6. We have a great father son relationship. NOT best friends. But he comes to me to talk about EVERYTHING. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't.

He does this because he knows I love him. But I have had to prove my love for him over the last 18 years.

Talk is cheap with children. They watch what you do.

I see so many parents with the "me first" attitude, like my sister in-law. She says "my kids aren't going to change me".

Well they BETTER, or there is no hope for the kids.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
. You only have to be a parent to know what im talking about. and I know you do. Im not responding to you but the whole topic. sorry

yes, i do know.
sorry about the misread.
kangaru, i suppose youre right.
having her arrested is better than drowning her in the bath tub.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Either way, it's an incredibly sad situation. I can't think about purposefully making it possible for authorities to arrest my daughter. But maybe she's one of these moms that couldn't wait to get rid of one of her children and this was easier than killing them. If that's the case... I'm glad they arrested her.

The world is a hot mess lately it seems.

What he said^^

Its funny, It didn't even cross my mind about this. Maybe it would be good for the child. How sad we have to think like this now.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Yeah why would you burden your child with the justice system?

Trust me when I tell you criminal records follow you for life now and with background checks constantly being taken to the next level eventually everything will be available to everyone at all times.

It's a natural evolution from where we're at now with database and record checks and increased surveillance.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I had a criminal record because of the incident I posted about previously on this thread, but that record disappeared when I turned 18. Juvenile records typically do not follow you through your life. In fact, when I turned 18 I went to work for the very same jail I went to as a guard. After a few months I checked the computer system for any sign of my record and came up with nothing. Looking through some old file cabinets did net me my record on paper, but it was purged from the computer.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Yoiu right...sometimes there are also procedures because...mental health wont take them first or the hospital wont take them unless certain variables are met. So maybe they figured they could "arrest" her so those variables are met....still a stupid society we live in....lol

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Parents will not or are too scared to discipline their children in our current day. Now they think it up to the law enforcement to handle a sibling fight.

This is not acceptable to me. I can not even imagine the trauma that the nine year old girl will go through over her parents stupidity. Discipline needs to be brought back and if anyone gets arrested it SHOULD be the parents!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

For now but if we continue to value security over everything that won't be the truth in 10 years.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

Parents will not or are too scared to discipline their children in our current day.

agree to a point.
im not scared of to discipline. i just will never spank or hit my child.
there are other forms of discipline but i see what you are saying

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join