It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 year old girl charged with with battery for 'allegedly' punching sister

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A 9-year-old girl in Indianapolis was arrested and charged with battery last weekend after her mother called police and reported she had punched her 6-year-old sister in the head, Fox 59 reports.

Andrea Stumpf, the girls' mother, filmed the incident and showed the responding officer, according to WTHR. That officer then “made the decision to arrest,” Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Officer Rafael Diaz told Fox 59.
------------------

seems excessive to me...
maybe one of these situations where the mom calls the cops to scare the kid(not what cops are for) and super cop decides to arrest.

siblings fight. siblings bully each other.

if was arrested all the times i tuned my brothers up, i would be a felon many times over...

good call on calling the cops mommy

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

my momma would have burned my a@@, stuck me in the corner, and took away my toys, but call the cops naw. she could deal with me better than they could. all that did for the child was instill fear of the police in her.

edit on 2-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I bet there's more to this....meaning........the 9 year old has a violent history. She must have had some problems before with her daughter to be filming it....maybe,Mom may be at her wits end and trying to get her help and the anger management program she is trying to put her in will only take the child if she's been in trouble. ...was the 6 year old hurt? Brain injury?.... Yes siblings do fight, but a bully is different and so is a child that has anger issues.... And Where is the dad? Maybe dad left and child needs counseling.....I don't know, but I bet this is not the first time.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Meldionne1 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If that's the case now, my brother and I would have been serving life sentences. It's a miracle we didn't kill each other (literally) with all the stupid crap we pulled and did to each other. We drew blood more often than not.

This is what siblings do. I haven't seen the video, but if it's just a sibling rivalry punch then saying this is going overboard is the understatement of the year.

If however.... The sibling was like Fire Starter all jacked up on Mt. Dew, Red Bull, and Halloween candy, it might have been the wisest decision they could have made. It's hard to say without seeing the actual evidence.
edit on 12/2/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I'm not sure how old you are..and don't take this the wrong way, ....but today moms can't do that...when I was a kid, my mom would have done the same thing...( and she did)...however, today, you can't spank your child in public without going to jail!!
edit on 2-12-2014 by Meldionne1 because: Spell check error

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

This is what is wrong with this country, parents are CLUELESS.

She should have been arrested for ignorance of parenting.

AND she filmed it??

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just a tad excessive. LOL The mother should have beeen arrested for videotaping it, instead of getting onto the girl for hitting her sister. Wheres the discipline, Hmmm maybe thats the problem. This comes down to the mother, IMO. Pretty much everythng your children do, is in a direct realtion to what he/she has seen or heard in her young life. This does not apply to children with mental problems. Seriously arrested and charged with battery, Yeah this is going to help her in the long run. Give me a break

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We don't know the full story, really. Does this 9 year old have a history of being violent to her sister? Maybe the mom felt like she couldn't do anything to this 9 year old because nothing she tried worked.

I remember when I was about 12, I broke some windows with a friend of mine. My mother, when confronted by angry neighbors, rather than discipline me herself, called the police and had them cart me off to jail. It was humiliating, terrifying, and you know what? My mom spanked me dozens if not hundreds of times because I was generally a bad kid growing up, and it never affected me. But being put in cuff and sent to jail? That was absolutely horrifying at the time. I shaped up REAL fast after that.

Not saying I agree with the mom here, but we don't know the entire story, so I'm not going to judge.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I

If however.... The sibling was like Fire Starter all jacked up on Mt. Dew, .

hahahahahah

maybe their names are walker and texas ranger too..

yeah, the mom filmed it...
maybe she was filming them playing when the 9 year old went upside itty bitty's head...

seems excessive to me.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
fox59.com...

Diaz said it’s unfortunate and no officer ever wants to arrest a child, but it’s not unusual.

“It happens. It seems like we spend a lot of our time dealing with juvenile issues,” Diaz said.

In the case of the young girl, a report indicated she was taken by Sheriff’s Department wagon to juvenile detention, where Diaz said a decision on how to proceed would be made and her parents would be able to access services for help.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

I'm not sure how old you are..and don't take this the wrong way, ....but today moms can't do that...when I was a kid, my mom would have down the same thing...( and she did)...however, today, you can't spank your child in public without going to jail!!

I can and do spank my child anytime she deserves discipline. She is better off for this, she is sweet, caring, understands her limits set by her mother and I. I just dont get how parents can discipline without showing whats right and wrong. Talking to them will only get you so far as a parent.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777

I can and do spank my child anytime she deserves discipline. She is better off for this, she is sweet, caring, understands her limits set by her mother and I. I just dont get how parents can discipline without showing whats right and wrong. Talking to them will only get you so far as a parent.

i dont see how spanking shows right or wrong.
your kids you do what you have to do. not knocking you for it.

my son is 18 and i have never spanked him...my daughter is 2 and i have never spanked her and never will.
not something i believe in...

link   

I don't think any of us can comment properly on this as we have no background on the kids and parent. Previous behaviour, history of the family life....

Just like all MSM articles/stories - this has been given a slant and probably embellished ... in order to get website hits and gain advertising revenue.

link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

yea i know, i'm 51. when i was younger i use to date a woman who had kids, and when she discipline them the oldest would always say i'm gonna call or tell child services and tell them you beat me and they'll take me away.

one day when she said that, my girlfriend went to her room packed her sh@@, and handed her the phone. her daughter quit saying that after that.

now days there are so many busy bodies that your afraid to look at your child funny, and God help you if there is a mark on them. but that's part of the problem with the country/ world today to much coddling of the young.

edit on 2-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is quite insane.

I've had some pretty major behavior issues with my older son (12) and his treatment towards his younger brother (6) for years now but, the thought of calling the cops never crossed my mind. EVER!

At the age of 9, I think it's the mother's responsibility to control and teach her child, not the police. Dear God!

I just can't imagine it.

My sister and I use to scrap all the time. Lots of bruises and drawn blood throughout our formative years. Guess it's a good thing we grew up in different times.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
How a 9 year old would understand the repercussions of being arrested, let alone merit an arrest of such a commonplace incident is beyond me. I recall being 'arrested' at a community event many years ago as a kid, and I had no idea what was going on. I got handcuffs put on me, and was taken to a makeshift prison on the beach, filled with a bunch of strangers. Traumatic? Kinda. Did it prevent me from complaining about the heat and being bored in the future? Nope. Was it worth it to my parents to turn me in? Nah.

Congrats to Mrs. Stumpf for wasting the police departments time and resources on this. Even if the kid has some sort of mental issue, there are better ways of dealing with that than calling the law.

America, land of the 'free.'

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

That person is a moron for doing that to there kid rather then taking the responsibility of teaching those children why it's wrong and helping them grow into decent mature adults.

Moronic doesn't even describe the level of stupidity embracing this nation right now.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

I'm not sure how old you are..and don't take this the wrong way, ....but today moms can't do that...when I was a kid, my mom would have done the same thing...( and she did)...however, today, you can't spank your child in public without going to jail!!

This here^.

Parents CAN'T discipline their children without risking losing them and/or going to jail themselves. They are even saying that a time out is too traumatic for the child. Parents are supposed to explain everything and why the child's behavior made them (the parent) sad or mad or whatever. It doesn't even make sense. Developmentally most children don't acquire theory of mind until they are around four or five. Even then, try explaining to a four year old why he can't hit his sister because she broke his toy, or why he can't have a cookie before dinner. I don't argue with toddlers; because "I said so" works better. Human society is a hierarchy, deal with it.

I would put down money that this woman had no idea how to deal with a violent, out of control child because she knew that if she took the steps necessary to curb the behavior from the very beginning she could have risked having CPS march in there and break up her family and things just progressed to dangerous from there. All of you see a bad parent and I see desperation.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
We don't know the full story, really. Does this 9 year old have a history of being violent to her sister? Maybe the mom felt like she couldn't do anything to this 9 year old because nothing she tried worked.

Not saying I agree with the mom here, but we don't know the entire story, so I'm not going to judge.

That's another thing wrong. Everybody says "I'm not going to judge"
What does it matter what someone else does.

IT MATTERS. The mom was WRONG. And should be held accountable.

IF she had previous issues with the 9 YEAR OLD, she should have PICKED HER UP and taken her to the doctor.

Do what thou wilt...........yeah, hows that working out??

AHHHHHHH this stuff gets to me

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I don't think any of us can comment properly on this as we have no background on the kids and parent. Previous behaviour, history of the family life....

i agree.
there could be a history there.
i still dont get calling the fuzz on your kid you know...
unless she hit the 6 year old with a tire iron or a skillet or something.
i suppose i could understand it then but i dont think i would be calling the cops on my kid
edit on 2-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join