It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Warned To "Scrub" Their Social Media Posts To Avoid Upsetting Terrorists. HELL NO!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Not painting you as a bad guy at all Nef. In fact you know how much respect I have for you. I just happen to disagree with this opinion.

I'm probably thousands of times more likely to be killed in a car than by a terrorist, but that doesn't mean I should never leave home. In that same vein, I am not going to seek to avoid offending those looking for offense. It is, by definition, impossible to do anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
LOL

I'm tempted to post "Hey ISIS! Come at me Bro! You ain't got nothing but weak sauce!" Then post my address.

Just saying. Better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

If they do decide to attack outside of the BS Caliphate territory,they will do it cowardly-look out for lone wolf imbeciles who may try to harm vunerable/old/young people with simple weapons.
Look out for cowards who try for vunerable targets.

Be aware,and we can all contribute to prevent such attempts.
To Fight the darkness of IS.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Interesting that you should mention this.
An acquaintance of mine is apparently in some
hot water for just such a thing.
He posted some rather inflammatory remarks on
a social media site that attracted the attention of a
middle eastern journalist, who in turn, wrote a letter
to the president of the company he works for.

I don't know the exact words he posted, if it was bad humor,
or if they were taken out of context, but it may be wise to
think twice about how one words their comments.
Particularly anything that could be construed as Hate Speech.

I have been rather sloppy myself at times, so I will try to follow these
rules in the future. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Even though, last I checked, We still have Freedom of Speech,
or do we?

So much for the old "sticks and stones" rhyme.

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is an incredibly dishonest thread. You are presenting this completely different than it actually is, twisting words and meaning.

NOWHERE did they say having military related things on your social media is offensive to people and should be removed. They say to remove it so that people cannot target you because you are a military member. They already hate you, now they are trying to find you. Scrubbing your media is so they can't find you, not to avoid offending them.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
You know, I always somehow get painted as the bad guy in this kind of thread.

If you guys want to extend an open invite some jihadist idiot to your front door so he can blow you and your kids away, so be it.

Get a German Shepherd or a Rottweiller or two to join your family.
Treat them well,and they will love and protect you and your kids and defend you from beyond the gates of hell if it comes to it ,but their very presence will prevent the most psychotic degenerates from even wondering into your garden.
I know this from experience.

Why should you compromise your way of life to an ideololgy of death and pain based upon total bull excrement?

Sorry for the rant,I refuse to kneel before any fools.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
the funders of terror through the NSA can read your posts
the people who fall under the rightwing definition of the word "terrorist " do not
ergo:
the people defined as "terrorist" by the patriot community, the funders of "terror", world wide, who peruse social media, through their gigantic spy apparatus(es) are the only group(s) that meet the definition of "terrorists perusing social media" in this case...

and yes, those "terrorists" get upset by patriotic thought and language...
its anti globalist agenda speak and they hates it.
yes precious, they really hates it
(but they love industrial secrets and celebrity nudes too...and home depot credit card records as well...)
this explains all the new acts and laws etc taking away the freedoms they hate us for having, and exposes who it is that actually hates us and those freedoms...as they positively drone along.....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
This is an incredibly dishonest thread. You are presenting this completely different than it actually is, twisting words and meaning.

NOWHERE did they say having military related things on your social media is offensive to people and should be removed. They say to remove it so that people cannot target you because you are a military member. They already hate you, now they are trying to find you. Scrubbing your media is so they can't find you, not to avoid offending them.

If you'll kindly point me to where I sugggested that the mandate was to remove miliary related things from social media, I will address it. But I think you've either skimmed over or misunderstood the conversation.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When did America start caring who it offends?!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well I hate to say this, but since ISIS is a freaking joke,
and they're almost certainly CIA/MOSSAD. As a matter
of fact you can go to the official MOSSAD home page,
and up in the right corner of the page it reads
'MOSSAD' and then underneath that it reads (in smaller
letters) 'Israeli Secret Intelligence Service' or if you
put the capitals together ISIS.

So, considering that's a joke and they're not
an extremist Muslim group, I have to say it's
my opinion that this is more scare tactics
coming out of dee cee which is consistant with the
current policies of harassing former veterans
for on line posts criticizing the bama administration.

Rebel 5

edit on 2-12-2014 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

That's some critical thinking you got there.
But from my previous reply ,
maybe you will understand some of the
other potentially damaging results that happen.
Interesting.

edit on 2-12-2014 by Wildmanimal because: addition

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Pop Tarts = Sugar coated cardboard the food of the strong!!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deveron
Just remember who controls, arms and funds ISIS/ISIL. And who created them in the first place.

Is this not another way of programming the population with Fear?

During and After the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks weren't there a lot of words to program the people into a state of Fear?

Terror, terror, terror, terrorists, terrorists, terrorism, terrorism then the odd Osama Bin Laden, Terror, Terror, Terrorism, Al-Qaeda, Al-Qaeda..........And on and on like a scratched CD!

Don't say anything bad about Terrorists! Does that include Obama, Cameron and Netanyahu?

Sorry, I don't have much to say then this was an awesome reply.

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hi Heff,

My guys and I didn't get a warning to scrub our social media of anything that might be offensive to terrorists.(You may have noticed I hardly post anything anyway)

We were just sent a reminder to review security settings on profiles and to not post stuff that would help terrorists target us or our families.
-Like checking in at the local coffee place on our way to work every day.

Stuff like that would aid someone in identifying your routine so they could know when and where to strike.

That's not to say civilian federal employees didn't get a warning against offending those scumbags, just the Marines didn't.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hegelian Dialectic says that its Not about offending ISIS or terrorist groups its about feeding into their anti-west ideology indirectly with our conspiracy theories(some that are factual). But that's what all this was designed to do....the terrorists are not the enemies in the eyes of the powers that be ...they are called assets. We the People or the civilian majority are the targets.

The crafty(or arrogantly wittier) see on the same level or sometimes much further than the crafter's (powers that be). Unfortunately this info is swept up and added to the AI super computer that doesn't exist to adjust plans as it sees fit.

Soon all these posts we do will be considered treason which it was intended to do.
Its not so much that those in the capstone are so gloriously illuminated as it is the majority of us cattle are shockingly stupid.

So don't worry about scrubbing your social media because the Just-Us Club is already doing it.

Who is Us?

Genesis 3 verse 22 silly or chapter 322 whichever you prefer.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I spent a lot of time in these last few weeks in deep thought about our first amendment rights. In the time since the new President took office I personally came under attack by many entities both governmental and non-governmental for not censoring myself and using my 1st Amendment rights too well. I'd also seen a great many other Americans exploited in much the same manner. Not only has the current administration fought tooth and talon to revoke our rights to speak freely and express ourselves as we all see fit they'd also tried to use fear-terror tactics of their own to hush Americans into confused silence. That would've been unthinkable in the 1980s or the 1990s. If say, Reagan or Clinton tried these things they would've been impeached on the minute.

This new urging to shut us up and silence us isn't surprising considering how un-American the actions of our government has been since 2009. I get the sense that all is not as it appears in the media. Behind the smoke and mirrors there's no telling what has happened. Add to all of that the obvious push to accept Russian culture in the media and by American government and in the entertainment industry is like you said about that 'pro-cowardice' bit, it nearly seems as though the current power elite are handing the title and deed to America over to them. At least that's the way it appears.

In my assessment of this failed administration my critique would be that they sympathize with our enemies and the IQ level of government fell a few dozen notches since Bush walked out that door.

The new election for the next President is going to make or break this country.

I'm not going to bob my full use of my Constitutional rights. I will continue to speak freely and openly about whatever I want. If that offends our enemies well then I consider that to be a very good thing. The government should be encouraging anti-enemy sentiments in the American people, it's healthy.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

ISIS is ISIL!!! The L stands for the land that Israel owns. They are gearing up to make a push into Israel and try to destroy it so no, they are not any way shape or form funded by Israel. This is why ISIL has not invaded Baghdad. When the Arabs unite and stop the sectarian fighting then you will see the big push for Israel and the Gog-Magog war will be full on.

It will not be anything like Wars past. It will result in Israel throwing nukes to stay alive when Russia tries to jump in to help the Arabs. Russia will lose 2/3rds of her army in the process.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I have seen the same thing, Free speech zones set up by the government. "Say what i said"!! I about flipped out when I seen the first one set up. Myself and a few others experienced it big time here. Nerveless I do not think ATS will be having anymore Political cronies running for President here lying to us anymore. Everything bad said about Obama before he came on here for questions was yanked unless it was pure political statements or questions.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm happy to offend anyone, of any religious background or leaning, at any time. I won't clean up my social networking feed because someone might do a Google search and get offended.

Mohammed, Jesus, Noah, Abraham, Moses, are all pretty much false prophets all ranting about the same God. In today's society, they would probably be called Schizophrenics.

In their day and age, Schizophrenia was probably looked upon just as a person who was hearing voices in their head, and attributed it to God taking to them.

The reason people invented Gods in the first place was to create a reason for things happening that they couldn't explain - telling people it was God doing these things was easier than trying to figure out how things happened. Now, we have SCIENCE, but billions of people out there still believe in magical beings that make things happen, despite massive evidence to the contrary.

The only religion that really makes sense to me is Buddhism, which is really the only religion that truly promotes proper spirituality and peace of body and soul. I'm not religious at all, but if I were, ALL of the others are ridiculous.

I'm not afraid to say that Mohammed was a false prophet. Bring on the Fatwa.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

Leave Pop tarts OUT of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why presume the advisory is intended for everyone?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join