It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Anastasia and her goal of a trip to Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Sometimes it is nice to put a face on those who will risk everything for a goal.

The Mars One mission is a one-way ticket to the Red Planet. It’s scheduled for 2023, when the first group of 4 men and women will land on Mars. There, they’re expected to collect data, plant oxygen-producing vegetation and prepare the planet for human colonization. Despite the obvious dangers of this enterprise, over 200,000 people from around the world have applied. Anastasia, from Moscow, has made it to this daring project’s short-list. What draws her towards the fourth planet from the Sun and away from Earth?

www.activistpost.com...

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18724005]727S

If there is any truth this show at all, the only reason it will be a one way trip is so they cant come back and tell the rest of us about the bases on mars and how long they have been there.

I know some like to rubbish Project Camelot but allowing for some inaccuracy and disinfo there still seems to be a lot there about the SSP.

If this show is real then I'm sure they will run others after it 'due to popular demand' so the can expand the populations in the bases, develop a work force and as people for the elite to select from to breed with when they visit mars or move their permanently should this plant become unlivable.
edit on 2-12-2014 by learnatic because: typo

edit on 2-12-2014 by learnatic because: typo

edit on 2-12-2014 by learnatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

If this show is real then I'm sure they will run others after it 'due to popular demand' so the can expand the populations in the bases, develop a work force and as people for the elite to select from breed with when they visit mars or move their permanently should this plant become unlivable.

Of course the show is real and millions of people will watch it...for a while.

On the other hand, the chances any of them landing on Mars (alive) in 9 years...not so much. But since all they really care about is ratings, full speed ahead!

200,000? Sort of.

The Mars One venture says more than 200,000 people registered their interest in taking a one-way trip to the Red Planet, but only a fraction of those are officially in the running for the trip.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 12/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
i have a wad of chewing gum that iv kept since i was 7. I'm thinking abou trying to contact this person or one of the 200.000 to carry this treasure of mine to Mars and to bury it in the Dust. So that when i do go to mars i can try to find it. And if i find it maybe something symbolic will happen like winning a pack of hotdogs.

I hope these people actually make it to Mars.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The Mars one mission would be an absolutely wonderful mission to accomplish in 2023 for the whole of humankind and if this is "really" true then I will tip my hat off with the deepest respect to the Russian volunteer Cosmonaughts that will partake in this mission.

However, I have just watched that video... and although from time to time I will speak out that RT.com speaks the truth on certains subjects... I cannot help but scratch my head and wonder if this particular video is just cold war part II propaganda similar to what the US and Western MSM seem to be spewing out to the Sheeple at the moment?

Thoughts?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2/12/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Good luck to her , if she's chosen. She's young and has no idea what she's set herself up for.
It's a disaster waiting to happen.
It will be a good show to watch I suppose.

It sounds like it's been poorly planned and their lives are doomed, If they don't go crazy first and they will go crazy. These people will suffer, regret. It, but be stuck there. If it eventually happens.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Good luck to her , if she's chosen. She's young and has no idea what she's set herself up for.
It's a disaster waiting to happen.
It will be a good show to watch I suppose.

It sounds like it's been poorly planned and their lives are doomed, If they don't go crazy first and they will go crazy. These people will suffer, regret. It, but be stuck there. If it eventually happens.

A disaster waiting to happen?

Please explain why in more details...? *pricks up ears*

ETA : I wonder what responses would be if this was coming from the USA??

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2/12/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
i have a wad of chewing gum that iv kept since i was 7. I'm thinking abou trying to contact this person or one of the 200.000 to carry this treasure of mine to Mars and to bury it in the Dust. So that when i do go to mars i can try to find it. And if i find it maybe something symbolic will happen like winning a pack of hotdogs.

I hope these people actually make it to Mars.

I have an old table that i've been smearing bogies on the underside of since about the same age. Hit me up if they agree to your idea and maybe we can double date

I don't eat hot dogs though, but i do really really like rubber bands.

Oh, and i'm pretty sure that this trip aint gonna happen in the way described, though i'd pay good money for live streaming as they go mad and eat each other.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

It's a Dutch venture. People from all over the world have signed up in the hopes of being chosen. They're not fully trained cosmonauts. Just regular people having no idea what they're getting into. They're just being used for entertainment purposes.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

You said "Sheeple"
i'm horrified and heartbroken, Rod.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
To those who think this is a bad idea, citing the technology and dangers involved, must understand that if we had that same mindset a few hundred years ago the new world would never have been found.

Is travelling to mars dangerous?

I would say its less dangerous than setting sail with limited supplies in hopes of finding land before the supplies run out.

I would rather die doing something to advance all of humanity than making excuses as to why we should not do it.

'Cause it's next. 'Cause we came out of the cave, and we looked over the hill and we saw fire; and we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the west, and we took to the sky. The history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and this is what's next.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

There's too much to explain about what could go wrong. You should google some stories on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

You said "Sheeple"
i'm horrified and heartbroken, Rod.

Not as heartboken as I was thinking about your snot smeared table going to Mars and the aftermaths of cross contamination on those poor school alien kids...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

There's too much to explain about what could go wrong. You should google some stories on it.

Whay makes you think that I have not already Googled Violet?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

It's a Dutch venture. People from all over the world have signed up in the hopes of being chosen. They're not fully trained cosmonauts. Just regular people having no idea what they're getting into. They're just being used for entertainment purposes.

Agreed...

Funny that RT did not mention Bas Lansdorp?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Well...it's not about dying, we all do that at any point between birth and old age anyway.

It's about how you die.

If she chooses to risk her life by doing something astoundingly monumental like being the first Human to travel to Mars, even if they crash land, ultimately, nothing would have changed except how she lived and how she died.

Good for her. If i had no ties and was a little younger, i would have signed up too.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It could become edtv on mars. 24/7 watched by millions. Until they die. Or introduce more characters for a long running series.
I wonder if they will age differently.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So we should only go to Mars when it is 100% safe?

If that's the case we'll never go because space travel will never be 100% safe.

Air travel isn't, riding on a train isn't, nor is driving in your car.

It is precisely this mindset which has us stuck on Earth fighting over dwindling resources and it is exactly missions like these which will help make travel to Mars a routine thing.

There are dangers but these people who I should remind, volunteered took note of the risks and feel the potential reward outweighs them.

They should be applauded, not condemned.

Full disclosure: I signed up and was invited to the DC meeting, but backed out when I felt some real issues were being ignored/glossed over.
edit on 2-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

nd if i find it maybe something symbolic will happen like winning a pack of hotdogs.

lul wut??

this cracked me..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ
Not sure the show is being broadcast once they arrive on Mars. It's just up until they leave. The trip there takes seven months. I could be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join