It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof White House pressured CBS to hush reporter Sheryl Atkinson

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Guess I am just passionate about this problem. We are lost as a nation if we lose our investigative reporters due to Government intervention and spying.

From Judicial Watch from papers they received from their FOI regarding 'Fast and Furious. Atkinson previously said that the problem with CBS started with Fast and Furious and she left after her Benghazi reports began to be squashed.

For instance, our initial review of the documents shows the DOJ and White House targeted then-CBS journalist Sharyl Attkisson:

On October 4, 2011, Holder’s top press aide Tracy Schmaler tells White House Deputy Press Sectary Eric Schultz, “I’m also calling Sharryl’s [sic] editor and reaching out to Scheiffer. She’s out of control”

Schultz responded, “Good. Her piece was really bad for the AG.”

Schultz also detailed to Schmaler that he was working with a journalist (Susan Davis, formerly of the National Journal) to target Rep. Darryl Issa (R-CA), the House Republican leading the charge on Fast and Furious:

“And I sent NJ’s Susan Davis your way. She’s writing on Issa/FandF and I said you could load her up on the leaks, etc.”

(Davis authored a critical profile of Issa a few weeks later.)

This one email chain implicates both the Obama White House and the Department of Justice in an effort to secretly undermine a congressional investigation and to suppress critical media reporting of the Obama administration. No wonder Obama waited until after he was safely reelected (and even after this year’s elections) to finally release this material that documents obstruction and abuse at the highest levels.

I wrote about the discoveries she revealed in her book "Stonewalled" here regarding alphabet agencies hacking her office and home computers, tv and cell phone.

This has been reported on NO news sites including Fox who now uses her frequently. Think they are all running scared.

I am off to bed soon and I know late posts like this don't get much notice but at least it is out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Truly yet another national disgrace.Censorship,intimidation for trying to report the truth to the American Public.Whats next, assassination of reporters?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A huge damaging blow to the Administration.

Jealousy gets them nowhere again.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not a damaging blow if no one knows about it. This is why i love ATS. The news now one else get or reports.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's great they've found this, but what are going to do about it. Evidence is nothing without punishment. If this goes the usual way, they may possibly form an exploratory committee to investigate the idea of forming a committee to investigate maybe possible wrong doings by possible wrongdoers.
It's this way every time one of the scum get caught. Stall, deflect and lie, till it's forgotten or we move on to the next scandal. None of them will ever get fired, much less spend a day in jail.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It does raise many many questions about the MSM and what crap they are putting out for public consumption
a reply to: liveandlearn

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
It's great they've found this, but what are going to do about it. Evidence is nothing without punishment. If this goes the usual way, they may possibly form an exploratory committee to investigate the idea of forming a committee to investigate maybe possible wrong doings by possible wrongdoers.
It's this way every time one of the scum get caught. Stall, deflect and lie, till it's forgotten or we move on to the next scandal. None of them will ever get fired, much less spend a day in jail.

I agree with you!

The GOP will sit back, feign a fake outrage, have some wasteful hearings, and in the end, it will be business as usual in D.C.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
Guess I am just passionate about this problem. We are lost as a nation if we lose our investigative reporters due to Government intervention and spying.

Already happened.

Michael Hastings.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Exactly. And probably the only reason she isn't dead is because the story was already in the hands of others. Or maybe the think there is a limit to how many reporters can die before the general public figures it out.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

lol, yeah, about that....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

All, and I mean ALL, mainstream media is functioning as a branch of the federal government. Anything you hear coming out of your tv set has been carefully slanted, edited, and sometimes created out of thin air to manipulate the population. It is THE most pervasive and effective tool our handlers have for controlling us. Investigative journalism was bound and gagged decades ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

My how times change.

new topics

top topics

join