It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA woman admits $7.2 million child-credit tax scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One woman has plead guilty to a $7 million tax cheat scam.

The scam involved those controversial 'child credits'.

At least she thought it was worth it at the time !!!

Never let a crisis go to waste.

VA woman admits $7.2 million child-credit tax scam

More than a year after Watchdog reported the IRS sent thousands refunds to the tiny town of Parksley, Va., a woman has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and mail fraud.

Linda Avila admitted to obtaining more than $7.2 million in refunds by exploiting the federal government’s child tax credit program.

Avila filed more than 1,700 tax returns with stolen identifications used by illegal immigrants, mainly from Mexico.

related story background (from June 2013) ....
Virginia address gets in on ‘unauthorized’ IRS refund bonanza

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The IRS sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same Atlanta address in 2011, according to a CNS News report.

Additionally, the IRS sent 11,284 refunds worth a combined $2,164,976 to unauthorized alien workers at a second Atlanta address; 3,608 worth $2,691,448 to a third; and 2,386 worth $1,232,943 to a fourth.

Rounding out the IG’s Top Ten list for singular addresses were Oxnard, Calif., where the IRS sent 2,507 refunds worth $10,395,874; Raleigh, N.C., 2,408 refunds worth $7,284,212; Phoenix, Ariz., 2,047 refunds worth $5,558,608; Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., 1,972 refunds worth $2,256,302; San Jose, Calif., 1,942 refunds worth $5,091,027; and Arvin, Calif., 1,846 refunds worth $3,298,877.

What the...??????

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
How does something like this only get noticed after the fact? Do you mean to tell me that nobody at the IRS, or any of the computer systems they use, raises an eyebrow after oh, let's say 1000 returns go out to the same address? Is the United States government really that incompetent? Please don't answer that.....

This country's been circling the toilet bowl for awhile. It'll have to go down pretty soon....

Edit to add: Screw this working schtick! I'm getting into the tax fraud game! One year, and I can retire! Who's with me?

edit on 12/1/2014 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
How does something like this only get noticed after the fact? Do you mean to tell me that nobody at the IRS, or any of the computer systems they use, raises an eyebrow after oh, let's say 1000 returns go out to the same address? Is the United States government really that incompetent? Please don't answer that.....

This country's been circling the toilet bowl for awhile. It'll have to go down pretty soon....

The IRS has probably been infiltrated by Mafias.

Any time big scam money is available, they try to get at it.

Medicare and Medicaid fraud is another problem.

So is disability certification.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The IRS has probably been infiltrated by Mafias.

Any time big scam money is available, they try to get at it.

Medicare and Medicaid fraud is another problem.

So is disability certification.

You're preaching to the choir, pal. I know it's big money and has been going on since day one, but seeing actual numbers put to it....gaaahhhh! I don't even have words to describe how sick it makes me. It would take me all of a day; one day, 23 hours of which would be spent sleeping, to write a piece of software that would catch every one of these things and flag them for further scrutiny. The fact that it still goes on leads me to believe that the IRS, Medicare, Medicaid, et al. is the mafia you speak of.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It seems that we have a very observant IRS agency that doesn't check on things very well. The heads of the agency will probably just write it off.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They will probably give this woman a medal and citizenship as a reward for all the hard work. This is how it works today they reward these scumbags who knowingly break and cheat the law.

Everyday I see Mexican illegals driving nice cars and living the good life all the while scamming the system for everything it is worth. Even the non scamming illegals could care less about America they are just sucking it dry for everything they can. And after they are done they will return home and live the good life in Mexico.
edit on 2-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Disgusting! It's pathetic what our country has been reduced to. Corruption everywhere! And hard working tax paying law abiding citizens like myself are bailing everything and everyone out. One more reason to put a stop to ALL illegal immigration and even some forms of LEGAL immigration till we get our house in order.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

good to see one the little people getting away with it for a change. Why should it always be the rich and powerful getting away with it??

I admire them for trying in the same way as other admire the rich and powerful for succeeding at it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

The IRS sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same Atlanta address in 2011, according to a CNS News report.

Okay, lets take this first example. This has to go deeper than just the IRS. The US Post Office delivered almost 24,000 pieces of mail, specifically very identifiable IRS refund checks, to this exact same address and didn't blink an eye? If mail were delivered every day of that year except Sundays, that's 80 pieces each and every day. Considering that the bulk of the refunds most likely would be delivered between Feb and May, there could easily be upwards of 200 IRS refund checks a day delivered to the same address and no one's suspicious? Who went to the banks and cashed all these checks? They were in on it as well.

I'm pissed about this all over again, all of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Never mind the Woman who did this, there are thieves everywhere and always will be, but the heads that really ought to be rolling are those belonging to the thickos at the tax office.

THEY allowed this to happen, with YOUR money...not theirs, not the governments, but YOUR money.

And if they can be that careless and outright dumb with sending this money here there and everywhere, just imagine for a second how many billions are being lost nationwide because these numbingly stupid people at the IRS?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yup it's stupid that this was not flagged as odd when she sent in all the forms. 7.2 million might not be a lot to the government, but for the rest of us that is a very large number.

This also goes to show we can't us the current document system anymore, if this passed it we have no real clue who is who anymore. It should have been stopped at so many levels. Our system is so busted it like watching someone us a broken tool. You keep on telling them they shouldn't use it and maybe get it fixed or replaces but you keep on getting told no it's fine and they keep on going. You don't really get a say in it but have to watch it be used anyways.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The IRS sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same Atlanta address in 2011

23,994 ,What was the IRS thinking?

" Doh, that must be a really big apartment building"

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Never mind the Woman who did this, there are thieves everywhere and always will be, but the heads that really ought to be rolling are those belonging to the thickos at the tax office.

THEY allowed this to happen, with YOUR money...not theirs, not the governments, but YOUR money.

And if they can be that careless and outright dumb with sending this money here there and everywhere, just imagine for a second how many billions are being lost nationwide because these numbingly stupid people at the IRS?

wow...so if we could just get the stupid people out of the IRS, everything would be fine?...and how do you know that THEY allowed this to happen?....do you have inside information?...and if you do, you should get a whistleblower reward.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

The IRS sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same Atlanta address in 2011

23,994 ,What was the IRS thinking?

" Doh, that must be a really big apartment building"

maybe this had something to do with it...this is after all "big government" that the republicans want to cut down to the bone.....
www.gao.gov...

might want to look at these other documents...
www.gao.gov... IRS operational appropriations

join