It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam or Jesus - Which one?!?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: Rtardx

Well, if that's the case, I'm sure Satan is a man of reason.

Satan is a man of reason and wisdom. Satan will give you many earthly pleasures, but what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul?

You can sell out to satan and live one hell of a life - pun intended

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rtardx
a reply to: AgentShillington

No, good luck relying on mainstream government-funded scientist to do the thinking for ya. How many lab experiments have you participated in?

Come on, friend! You can't sit there in your warm home, with your fleece pajama pants, sipping on a nice cool/hot beverage, eating fruit that hasn't been in season for a few months now, talking to people that are literally scattered around the global, and tell me that you don't rely on Scientists.

Because you do, friend.

The craziest part is that some people actually believe that lab experiments are the foundation of science. It's really a hallmark of people that don't really understand that Science is all around them every single day.

But, you know, it's cool. I offer another option, and you simply smack my hand away. I really don't care, I was just trying to help you out. Go back to your doom and gloom, but remember, every time you post, you have Science and Technology to thank, not Jesus, Moses, or Mohammed.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Neither ..
NO GODS - NO MASTERS

live life on own terms and without primitive barbaric superstition thats used to oppress .. enslave and as justification for mass murder.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

a reply to: methuselah969

Wait... didn't you say earlier that we don't go to hell for our sins but rather because we reject Christ?

Ahhh you caught me LOL! Let me try to explain: If you never sinned, you could go to heaven without Jesus. Sin is what separates us from God. God will not be in the presence of sin. Just as what happened in the feast of passover (when the Jews covered the posts of their doors with the Blood of the Lamb, and the angel of death passed over them) it is the same thing with Jesus's sacrifice for us. We are "covered in the blood of the Lamb". Jesus is the blood sacrifice for us. It is an absolutely free gift. All God asks is that you believe. Seems like a pretty sweet deal.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

All God asks is that you believe. Seems like a pretty sweet deal.

So its like Tinkerbell but with eternal salvation/ damnation on the line? Yeah, totally sweet deal.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Speak of the Devil! I was just wondering where you've been old man.
One clean swipe of the sword brings peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Well said Expat, the atrocities committed in the name of religion are many. The sad fact is that they still continue to this very day.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

All God asks is that you believe. Seems like a pretty sweet deal.

So its like Tinkerbell but with eternal salvation/ damnation on the line? Yeah, totally sweet deal.

Well, kinda. Here's the difference: The Bible is 2/3 prophetic. That means 2/3 of the Bible predicts the future. EVERYTHING it has ever predicted has been true aside form the things still to come. It's batting 100% accurate. NO Other book on the planet (religious or secular) can claim that (not even close). The proof is there if you want it. God doesn't just throw it out there and hope you accept via blind faith. God gave us intelligence to be used and not wasted.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23 & a reply to: Expat888

He stops by every now and then to drop wisdom on us, though not as often. We understand pat, your a busy man!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Here's where my BS meter starts ticking. Prophecy is feeble, untidy thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

From sources like Nostradamus...Certainly! But the prophecy in the Bible is crazy specific.

edit on 1-12-2014 by methuselah969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

So I have heard.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: methuselah969

If jesus salvation came without repetence, I probably would've have made this post and would've hopped on the hypergrace wagon a while a go. But alot of christians seem to disagree, Also grace alone doesn't seem to be part of the narrow path, since all christians would accept it in a heartbeat. So if i have to repent of my sins and devote my liffe to something, i better know what im getting myself into.

Repentance is a big part of it. God asks us to turn from out sins. It is a very slow process, and not an easy one. Don't focus on that to start on, it will come with time as you grow. And the funny thing is, IT WILL COME WILLINGLY. You will really actually WANT TO STOP. As funny as that sounds, it's true. I never would've believed it unless it happened to me. Sure I still stumble, but sin will begin to disgust you. If the time comes when you really do accept Jesus as your Lord, God will make you a new creation.

Yeah, but there's also the interpretation that repentance actually means "to change one's mind" unto to jesus for salvation and to turn away from your sins.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

From sources like Nostradamus...Certainly! But the prophecy in the Bible is crazy specific.

All of these prophecies about the Messiah...

...almost like some people got together and wrote the Gospels to fit the prophecies.

*blink*

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Speak of the Devil! I was just wondering where you've been old man.
One clean swipe of the sword brings peace.

Been busy in real world lately .. not had much time to be online .. between funeral of an old friend .. holiday in mountains rudely interupted when volcano decided to erupt .. and a few other matters to tend to not even had time for a pub run ..
True .. that it does .. is why one must always practice and perfect ones skill with the sword ..

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If God is whom you seek, you won't find him in religion...

He's not into religion.

In fact God and Religion are complete opposites and have NOTHING in common.

Religion is HATE, God is LOVE.

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. Link

The hidden agenda behind false Religion is to cover up the truth about God, destroy spirituality and cause people to hate God.

Darren Wilson's documentary's are worth checking out as well...

In this explosive documentary, filmmaker Darren Wilson attempts to do the impossible: film God and understand His character. Along the way, Darren and his team encounter powerful witch doctors, violent gang leaders, Hindu holy men, and everyday people with extraordinary experiences to tell. Father of Lights attempts to tear away much of the bad press the Almighty has received over the years, and reveals a God who is far better than anyone could have possibly imagined.

“The ‘religious spirit’ is rooted in man trying to be righteous outside of a relationship with God. And it persecutes anything that looks like a relationship with God. Just as importantly, it becomes another set of rules. And I think the ‘religious spirit’ can take on lots of different faces.” ~ Kris Vallotton

Ever wondered if miracles really happen? Think the age of miracles is past? Think again! The film maker claims to have captured miracles occurring in real time, and he delivers. In this film, the director goes world-wide documenting God's supernatural move on the earth today. You'll see footage from the US, Mozambique Africa, China, Bulgaria...I can't even remember all the places. You really do see deaf ears opened and the lame healed. This is the most powerful evidence for the existence of the God of the Bible I've ever encountered. If you want to have your faith built, your heart encouraged, and maybe your theology challenged, you need to see this film.

www.amazon.com...

“The ‘religious spirit,’ it’s demonic, and it attempts to substitute a demonic power or a fleshly power for the power of the Holy Spirit. And the ‘religious spirit’ is more concerned with what we look like than what we really are.” ~ Jack Deere

“That’s kind of the heart of pharisaism. It’s religious activity that we never let get to our heart. Or, if it gets to our heart, it’s an affection for the religious activity as opposed to God. So this people, Isaiah 29, this people, “I’m on their lips, but I’m far from their heart.” ~ Jack Deere

“The ‘religious spirit’ wants punishment. Some measure of punishment. It was the religious spirit that had the priests, the pharisees, with stones in their hands wanting to kill. Jesus is right there with the woman caught in adultery. His interest wasn’t ‘my image… what are people going to think.’ It wasn’t His image. The interest was, here’s a person that’s redeemable, and He wasn’t going to get her turned around through judgement.” ~ Bill Johnson

“There’s something about, when people for the first time in their life feel loved unconditionally, there’s nothing you can do to earn His love, He’s just wrapping His arms around you at your worst state, at your worst binge, and that’s the revelation we try to give; that there’s no way in the world that you can outrun the love of God.” ~ Matthew Barnett

“The Father has a personality. He’s God, He has a personality. And there is judgement and He does get angry, and the thing that makes Him angry is when people have no hunger, when people reject His Son it makes Him angry. But when we know the love of Jesus, then we know the love of the Father.” ~ Heidi Baker

Father of Lights / Furious Love / Finger of God - Playlist

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

No no no buddy, Let's see shall we....My pajamas where made by fabric designers, my water was made by nature,ny internet was made by that one old dude who's probably up to no good, and so on. Has nothing to do with mainstream scientist. Anyway, my beef is not with science, but with mainstream scientist who's claims, when accepted by the listener, affects the listeners perspective on reality and thus turns him into an Athiest.

Pal, I've been down that road, Atheism, and I'll tell you now...NO..DIDDLY DAMN WAY! Your offer would only be applicable and logical to accept if I had: 1. Supernatural Intelligence and 2.All the scientific resources in the world 3. My Own laboratory with its own complimentary white lab coat, witty sophisticated articulate pet monkey with a British accent, and a cup of cocoa.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

If jesus salvation came without repetence, I probably would've have made this post and would've hopped on the hypergrace wagon a while a go. But alot of christians seem to disagree, Also grace alone doesn't seem to be part of the narrow path, since all christians would accept it in a heartbeat. So if i have to repent of my sins and devote my liffe to something, i better know what im getting myself into.

Repentance is a big part of it. God asks us to turn from out sins. It is a very slow process, and not an easy one. Don't focus on that to start on, it will come with time as you grow. And the funny thing is, IT WILL COME WILLINGLY. You will really actually WANT TO STOP. As funny as that sounds, it's true. I never would've believed it unless it happened to me. Sure I still stumble, but sin will begin to disgust you. If the time comes when you really do accept Jesus as your Lord, God will make you a new creation.

Yeah, but there's also the interpretation that repentance actually means "to change one's mind" unto to jesus for salvation and to turn away from your sins.

That is exactly it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
sounds a bit new age poopy to me

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: methuselah969a

I actually meant, not to turn away from sin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join