It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam or Jesus - Which one?!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rtardx

Umm I'm a corporate employed scientist .... does that help? Oi vey this site and it's distrust of sciene by some :/

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hell is not part of my faith neigbour. As I've said, I'm not a member of an Abrahamic path. Nor have I ever been

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: methuselah969 & a reply to: Rtardx

You do not go to hell for your sins, but rather you go to hell for the rejection of the Savior whose blood was sacrificed for you.

See, OP? This exactly what I was talking about. By no means am I trying to sway you from Christianity, just pointing out exactly why I chose not to accept any fear based religion. "If you don't follow my God its the lake of fire for eternity, pal!" lol, no thanks chap.

edit on Cpm10Monday2620142331Mon, 01 Dec 2014 22:26:23 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: windword

Hell is not part of my faith neigbour. As I've said, I'm not a member of an Abrahamic path. Nor have I ever been

Sorry. I mixed you up with the OP, to whom my question was directed.

I don't believe in Hell either.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Well let us just say that this proverbial Pascal has made his wager.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Faith and ignorance are kissing cousins. True knowledge is a goal worth pursuing.
We are all going to die. What is there to fear?
Be good. If there is a Gawd that will cast you into a lake of fire after living a good life, screw the bastard.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

My sentiments exactly. I've never even stole anything. Let alone commit any other heinous acts. If this God feller still sends me to hell just because I didn't worship him or his minime, well, he obviously isn't a very good or loving God. That's twisted, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I don't distrust science because it's objective, I distrust scientist because they are people.. The Media tells us that we evolved from primitive creatures, Paranormal Phenomena don't exist, and if it's not supported by some mainstream scientist or taught in school then I shouldn't believe it. But, Why should I believe them and take their word for it? Why are they so trustworthy. And why do the experiences of countless other people (including me) contradict their claims of what reality actually is?
edit on 1-12-2014 by Rtardx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat If only things were that simple.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rtardx
a reply to: Noinden

I don't distrust science because it's objective, I distrust scientist because are people.. The Media tells us that we evolved from primitive creatures, Paranormal Phenomena don't exist, and if it's not supported by some mainstream scientist or taught in school then I shouldn't believe it. But, Why should I believe them and take their word for it? Why are they so trustworthy. And why do the experiences of countless other people (including me)
contradict their claims of what reality actually is?

You absolutely should not trust the mainstream media.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat If only things were that simple.

What is complicated about that? I have made my choice. If God (or lack thereof) doesn't like it, I guess its eternal Hellfire for this poor soul. If that's the case, God is a real baddie. Either way, I'm not sceerd.

Kallisti

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: methuselah969 & a reply to: Rtardx

You do not go to hell for your sins, but rather you go to hell for the rejection of the Savior whose blood was sacrificed for you.

See, OP? This exactly what I was talking about. By no means am I trying to sway you from Christianity, just pointing out exactly why I chose not to accept any fear based religion. "If you don't follow my God its the lake of fire for eternity, pal!" lol, no thanks chap.

You're looking at it all wrong. It's not fear based, but rather it's a free Gift. It is grace and mercy. Are you without sin? Of course not, no one but Jesus has lived without sin. You can believe or choose not to believe whatever you want, but what you believe doesn't change the Truth. You seem to be confusing a relationship with God and RELIGION....They are completely different things. Ask Jesus, He was one of the most anti-religios people who ever lived

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

But if it is, you will be scared. You just have contemplated what it'd be like to be eternally phucked long enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: methuselah969

If jesus salvation came without repetence, I probably would've have made this post and would've hopped on the hypergrace wagon a while a go. But alot of christians seem to disagree, Also grace alone doesn't seem to be part of the narrow path, since all christians would accept it in a heartbeat. So if i have to repent of my sins and devote my liffe to something, i better know what im getting myself into.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I have a perfectly happy and healthy relationship with my deity of choice. Its just not your deity. So according to you, I will be going to hell, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

God doesn't need our worship. In fact, He doesn't need us at all. When you have a relationship with God, you worship freely because you understand all the gifts God has freely given you. God didn't give us Laws to make us behave or because He is a control freak. He gave us Laws for us. IE avoid these behaviors and humans will be better off. In fact, the Bible states that God gave us the 10 commandments not to keep us from sin, but rather the opposite. He gave us those 10 simple laws just to show us how miserable we really are lol. We cannot even keep 10 simple rules. God gave us the 10 commandments to show us why we need Him. To keep us from being arrogant and prideful

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Well, if that's the case, I'm sure Satan is a man of reason.

edit on Cpm11Monday0520142431Mon, 01 Dec 2014 23:05:24 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: i hate you, autocorrect

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If jesus salvation came without repetence, I probably would've have made this post and would've hopped on the hypergrace wagon a while a go. But alot of christians seem to disagree, Also grace alone doesn't seem to be part of the narrow path, since all christians would accept it in a heartbeat. So if i have to repent of my sins and devote my liffe to something, i better know what im getting myself into.

Repentance is a big part of it. God asks us to turn from out sins. It is a very slow process, and not an easy one. Don't focus on that to start on, it will come with time as you grow. And the funny thing is, IT WILL COME WILLINGLY. You will really actually WANT TO STOP. As funny as that sounds, it's true. I never would've believed it unless it happened to me. Sure I still stumble, but sin will begin to disgust you. If the time comes when you really do accept Jesus as your Lord, God will make you a new creation.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I have a perfectly happy and healthy relationship with my deity of choice. Its just not your deity. So according to you, I will be going to hell, right?

You would be going to hell for your sins. I am not God, I am not the judge.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Wait... didn't you say earlier that we don't go to hell for our sins but rather because we reject Christ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join