It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Grail Bloodline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm trying to find information on the Holy Grail Bloodline and the proposed theories on who is in this bloodline. It is difficult to find anything worthy of reading on this, can somebody help me?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Sir Laurence Gardner

I'd start there. Very interesting work.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Holy Blood, Holy Grail.

I haven't finished it yet, but so fars its good. Really in depth too.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Why is it difficult? Just go to the bookstore. Or do a web search.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Why is it difficult? Just go to the bookstore. Or do a web search.

I've already tried that but I get really ****ty websites about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I don't believe in the Holy Bloodline myself but take a look at the Templars and Cathars and the so called Priory of Sion, theres enough stuff there to keep you occupied for while in your research.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
To begin your research on the Templars and Cathars you could do a lot worse than looking here.

Templars

Cathars

Id try and stay away from the Kookier sites until you have an understanding of both subjects as both the Templars and the Cathars seem to play a large part in this particular legend.
And its easy to get carried away by the romance of it all.

Also the Priory of Sion is a bit of a contentious subject as, imo, its nothing but an elaborate hoax. But i believe there was supposed to be a Monastic Order in the Holy land called Ordre de Sion that some say morphed into the Priory of Sion, who knows. There are a lot of false leads and red herrings in this particular story. If you cut away the Myth there is a lot of History that can be leaned and that cant be a bad thing.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Janus]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As Janus has stated, the Priory of Sion was nothing but a hoax. It really wasn't even that elaborate. The authors of HBHG almost let themselves be duped as they wanted a good story.
If you use the ATS search function you can find plenty that proves it and it's creator Pierre de Plantard to be nothing more than frauds.

Unfortunately, this makes the whole of HBHG worthless as a factual book. It has to be read as fiction.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanakis
Holy Blood, Holy Grail.

I haven't finished it yet, but so fars its good. Really in depth too.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail (by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln) is a really interesting work of fiction....as are it's two follow-ups:

The Messianic Legacy and The Temple and the Lodge. Much speculation...very little substance.

Sorry, but I'd keep digging for a better source.

Regards

[edit on 12-12-2004 by senrak]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
As Janus has stated, the Priory of Sion was nothing but a hoax. It really wasn't even that elaborate. The authors of HBHG almost let themselves be duped as they wanted a good story.
If you use the ATS search function you can find plenty that proves it and it's creator Pierre de Plantard to be nothing more than frauds.

Unfortunately, this makes the whole of HBHG worthless as a factual book. It has to be read as fiction.

HBHG is an entertaining book, nothing more. I think in the end even the Authors began to doubt the validity of their theory. There are too many crazy theories out there about the Templars and Cathars that take much away from their true contribution to History. Instead of people looking for Mysteries that are nothing but interesting diversions i wish they would look at these things in their true Historical context. They will find it a more interesting and rewarding experience and learn some real History to boot.
Perhaps someone should start a research project about this and then we can put an end to the speculation once and for all.

And before anyone asks why dont i do it, well im afraid Work and Family commitments mean i woulnt be able to head up something like that. But i would be able to contribute a hour or so a day for anyone that would be willing to take it on.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Janus]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Okay. Thanks for the help everyone.

top topics

join