It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable video of a heart simulation by a supercomputor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You have never seen a video like this before.
This is from the people at THE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO, Hisada, Sugiura, Okada Laboratory

Watch in fullscreen HD

The heart is a pump circulating blood containing nutrients and oxygen to the whole body. In the heart simulator, contraction and relaxation of muscle are reproduced based on the statistical behavior of molecules, which in turn are strongly coupled with the computation of blood flow and pressure. By reproducing a highly realistic human heart whose behavior strictly follows the physical and physiological principles in the computer, the simulator can help doctors choose a treatment option for heart disease patients by accurately predicting its outcome. In fact, projects to determine the optimal operative strategy for individual patients by performing in silico tailor-made cardiac surgeries have already been under way in collaboration with the cardiac surgeons.

What a great program to help heart surgeons with their delicate work.
This is achieved by something called Multi-scale, Multi-physics Heart Simulation by Massively Parallel Computing.

Amazing...

edit on 1/12/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What a beautiful demonstration of what technology, specifically computers, can do to help humans step forward.

I love seeing examples like this, it brings a certain "warmth" to the usual cold feeling that the majority of technology brings.

S&F

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Lab animals are jumping for joy on this.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ive decided im going to stop watching videos like this. This is the last straw. Sooner or later nothing is going to be left up to the imagination. Virtual reality is going to troll your every subconsciois thought. Don't say i didnt want you.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

The video seems pretty believable to me.

top topics

join