It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
I think this is just something you're just now seeing. you hear stuff on the news and now you notice more mexicans. LA has always been full of them

It's not just "Mexicans". People say "Mexicans" when they mean Hispanics. It's Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Koreans (huge), Chinese, Armenians (all of Glendale and now Burbank) and Filipinos more now (huge)...in fact Filipinos are becoming the new wave of "Mexicans" almost.

The "Hispanic" aspect of it is just the most aggressive form of Illegal Immigration. That's why when people think of Illegals in California or L.A. they think "Mexicans" (Hispanics)
edit on 2-12-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

How hard is it to look up facts:

The racial/ethnic/cultural composition of Los Angeles as of the 2005-2009 American Community Survey was as follows:

White: 41.3% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.4%)
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 47.5%
Black or African American: 9.8%
Native American: 0.5%
Asian: 10.7%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
Other: 25.2%
Two or more races: 2.8%

I suspect 0.5% of the above will find this thread unbelievably ironic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 2/12/2014 by yorkshirelad because: bad quoting

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: anicetus
Yep... whatever the pace of them coming over the border may be, has this not been expected for many years? When I moved to Washington in middle school, I knew about 5 or more Mexicans in my school that barely spoke english, a couple, you couldn't even have a conversation with.

In the end... if I lived in Mexico, I would come to America as soon as possible, legally or illegally. I would not want to live in fear for my life or be "forced" to work for the cartels. Thanks to our government and the Fast and Furious program, Mexico is more dangerous than it has ever been.

I'll never see what the big deal is... so what, they don't speak english... woopity doo. They're not going to take your job, unless you want to work on a farm. If you do want to work on a farm, I bet 90% of you wouldn't last a week with that cruddy job.

You know what's funny? I've actually worked the vineyards in Napa California with 2 migrant workers for a week. It was by far the hardest work I've done, and I spent 6 years working in a steel mill in all sorts of stations, down to reject grinder.

But guess WHAT. The 'field workers' account for less than 4% of the total Illegal Immigrant work force.

So what now? Where are the other 96% working?
If you'd like to know I can educate you.

"Jobs Americans won't do"?

Hmmmmmm, I have stories about that.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Oh there certainly is a dark side to this, why do you think all these people from south America start up mom and pop businesses and employ only Hispanics by and for hispanics ? Try going to a authentic Mexican restaurant or mexican grocery store you will see what I am saying. However when illegals are turned away from American company's and let's just say hispanic's for example it would be deemed racist right ? In fact I use to work in a pork production plant in the mid west in the 90's. Once Bush Jr was elected it seemed that was when they came by the hordes, the company was actually recruiting these people in Mexico to come here and in the south west expenses paid targeting hispanics mainly as a work force. This was because they wanted to usurp the union this coming from my superiors and me being a union steward i could not represent them since the language barrier was such a issue. My job was to train employees yet none of these newer non einglish speaking new hires spoke einglish.. so i eventually ended up quitting and went to college. What happened after was this town that was once called Little Chicago became Little Tijuana . Many of the original towns folk moved away after the market crash of 2008, and most of the businesses were transformed in to Mexican restaurants and grocery stores. It is not just LA it is everywhere. This is a war on our culture and way of life make no mistake. The excuse that this land belongs to indigenous people of south america is from the the same playbook as "your ancestors enslaved blacks" playing on white guilt.

And these people are not paying taxes in to the economy, and they are sending much of the money back home in the hands of another country where the US dollar is inflated. People like to throw out the race card and how diversity is the back bone of this country but they have no idea of the economic implications and what intentions of many illegals have. In many cases illegals immigrants come here have a bunch on children with an american woman while having another family back home and end up going back to country of said origin. I have seen this first hand. And I am sure it happens more often than most would like to admit. Those children are left on the taxpayers tab fatherless.

La Raza aka MEChA is the Hispanic version of white nationalism nothing more

MEChA isn’t at all shy about their goals, or their views of other races. Their founding principles are contained in these words in “El Plan Espiritual de Aztlan” (The Spiritual Plan for Aztlan): “In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal gringo invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny. … Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. … We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlan. For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada.” That closing two-sentence motto is chilling to everyone who values equal rights for all. It says: “For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing.”

Brown Pride World Wide right ?

humanevents.com...

Oh and my wife is Hispanic second gen American of Mexican origin and speaks zero Spanish and gets flack for it from Hispanics . So apparently they have the attitude that if you are of Hispanic origin you should know the Spanish language despite being born American. I go to this Guatemalan hole in the wall restaurant every week and order a giant steak burrito. Real nice people and generous with the food portions. Best 6 bucks ever spent, they speak no einglish but they know what I always order lol.
edit on 2-12-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

How hard is it to look up facts:

The racial/ethnic/cultural composition of Los Angeles as of the 2005-2009 American Community Survey was as follows:

White: 41.3% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.4%)
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 47.5%
Black or African American: 9.8%
Native American: 0.5%
Asian: 10.7%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
Other: 25.2%
Two or more races: 2.8%

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow that's nuts.

Here in NYC you have a mass influx of other cultures also, namely Chinese and Korean. You have one particular neighborhood that has so many Koreans that many of the store front signs are written in only Korean. I am with you bud.. once you go so far where you do not even make the sign in English.. well it's not right and shouldn't be allowed.

I am sure some of the older white folk in these neighborhoods (who lived here a long time) feel alienated in their own neighborhood, as you have more Asians here than any other race, upwards of 75% in this particular neighborhood.

What's nuts about it? I think it's pretty kewl - the wonderful food. We have a large Korea town (my daughter lives there) great food. Little Kenya - awesome food. And the people you meet and the stories you share - awesome.

Why would anyone want to limit themselves to "Leave it to Beaver" illusory culture - when there's so much out there to learn from others. What are you afraid of? That's it isn't it - cowardice coupled with ignorance. Let's go buy more guns.

Ya see? THIS is the type of thing I'm talking about.

1) Food? If negative aspects of overnight Multi-Culturalism, jobs taken, resources squandered, services blocked up, Hospitals where SPANISH is spoken.... are the effect of wanting "great authentic tacos"...you can keep your food. I don't want it. I'll learn to make it myself.

2) "Leave it to Beaver"? That implies I'm talking about a White homogenous America. I'm not. There are many other Americans other than White, Non Hispanic.

Cmon already. This is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Well, in Duesseldorf we have so many Japanese folks that many signs of shopholders are written in Japanese only.

At Castle Neuschwanstein you can see many, many signs written in Chinese, as shops are dealing mostly with those.

It is called "capitalism" - making money by selling items. Sorry that I have to speak as I would do to children, but sometimes it seems to be necessary to remind people that not the whole world rotates around them.

Making money means caring about your customers, at least with small shops (not large companies...).

"Capitalism" maybe. A Free Market? A fair market? NO EFFING WAY.

Capitalism does not subsidize foreign invaders, make laws AROUND them to give them an equal footing, give them tax credits, pay their bills, feed them, clothe them, change it's language around them, make policies which benefit THEm and not the native population...while THWARTING the native population.

That my friend is DEFACTO, 100% Statism. That is a form of Central Planning to the negative extreme. That is willful State intervention. The opposite of Capitalism.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd Frye, I agree with your statement as far as it goes. We are all immigrants except for the Native Americans. There are hard working, and lazy people in every culture.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
After reading most of the posts in this thread, I thought some of you might be interested in my first hand experiences with illegals. Just some quick background and setting first.
I used to work for a security company in South Florida that would sometimes get contracts for new buildings. We would have to work alongside construction crews so we could lay the pipes in concrete that would feed wires to the security system throughout the building. Most of the time, I just had to stand around and supervise the concrete pour for each floor to make sure the concrete crew didn't damage our pipes. This allowed me plenty of time to just b.s. with all of the foremen on the other crews.

We were working on one of Donald Trumps new condo buildings on the beach and I was talking to a foreman that I would b.s. with on a daily basis. He seemed very unfocused that day so I asked him if everything was ok. He told me that he was from Mexico ( ok I already figured that out, lol ) and he was here illegally.

He said he is very worried because he was the cause of an accident while driving drunk (DUI). He continued to tell me that he has to go back to Mexico soon so he can lay low and then come back with a different name or he will have to serve time in prison. He said, I will have to start over and get a new job somewhere else in the country. Apparently, the person in the accident was badly hurt and he was facing serious charges. He was upset that he had a "get out of jail free card" but needed to get a new job if he used it. There was not a single moment in our conversation that showed me he felt guilty for causing pain to the person he almost killed or the people close to that person.

I asked him if leaving the country and coming back with a new name would actually work. Wouldn't the law eventually catch up with you? They must have his finger prints after a DUI right? He told me that illegals (his friends and family) do it whenever something like this happens and if the law does catch up with them, they just leave the country and come back again with a new name. He said it really sucks because it's expensive to get back into the country with a new identity. I bet it sucks but, I wonder how expensive those hospital bills are for the poor individual that you almost killed with your drunk driving skills.

I would like to add one more story to this post before go, hopefully I still have someone's attention.

I was working at that same building when the immigration protests were happening back in about 2006. The protest didn't agree with the government's agenda, so USCIS (immigration services) or technically DHS (department of homeland security) put operation "scare the piss out of illegals" into action. They basically threatened to deport any illegals that they found and said they would be searching places that were known to employ illegals. They actually announced this. What does that tell you?

The illegals on my jobsite and many jobsites in the area didn't take the threat seriously until immigration services showed up at a building site about a mile away and arrested every illegal they could get their hands on. They stormed the entire building and even set up road blocks to catch the ones fleeing. There is only 1 road in that coastline area, you can go either north or south and they had checkpoints for both. I'm certain they got 90% of them and that wasn't the only building they stormed that day.

I was standing on the top floor of this unfinished building, watching them pour concrete, when the rumours of deportation started circling the jobsite. It wasn't long before everyone made their way to the nearest lift or staircase. They all left the jobsite in the middle of a concrete pour! I'm talking almost everyone! This was a large condominium building that was funded by Donald Trump that sold on the beach condos for over 1 million a piece.

The project and every other development in the area shut down completely for days because everyone hired to build them was an illegal immigrant. I'm not exaggerating, it was like a ghost town.

This experience really opened my eyes to the immigration problem and proved that the government wants the illegals here because they could be out there everyday deporting criminals but they choose not to for their agenda.

For the record, I have nothing against Immigrants, but I do have a problem with illegals.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You do know that many countries around the world teach English as a second language in grade school correct?

Yes but as far as I am aware, they do NOT make their own citizens speak a foreign language in order to get a job that has nothing to do with needing to speak a foreign language.

How do you know? Have you ever been to any of the immigrant areas of other countries?

Also, keep in mind, America is a country full of immigrants. It kind of makes sense that we should speak multiple languages. Not everyone immigrated from England.

No citizen of any Country should be forced to speak a foreign language in their own Country in order to get hired for a job that has nothing to do with International business dealings or being an interpreter. No foreigner coming to live illegally into someone else's Country should be catered to and rewarded.

Why not? I guess Canada, being a country with both French speakers and English speakers, needs to force everyone to switch to just one language huh?

I'm really just confused to this aversion people have to learning a second language. I personally can barely speak Spanish, but I'm not opposed to learning if I had to. Being able to communicate with more people is a GOOD thing.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain
Yup coming from a Hispanic something weird is looming

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
There are several problems with this issue:

The first would be the Illegal immigrants that are here and keep showing up, it is not a small number, but it keeps growing. Realistically, we can not deport millions and millions of people, as that would be a logistic nightmare unto itself, and could cause more problems than anything it would accomplish.

The second are the laws of the country. Far too often, cities and states and even the federal government are picking and choosing what laws they will and will not enforce and follows. That means a state like Texas is seen as bad as it wants to follow and enforce all of the laws on immigration and the state of California, is choosing to ignore them.

And with mixed messages from the government has left the people at the point where they are confused as to what is and is not legal in the US. And it is only getting worse, soon it will get even far worse than that. And it is on both sides of the boarder, that is causing this problem.

The Mexican government is corrupt, they do not see the problem with this issue, and why should they, or any country, when they can look the other way, their citizens come to this country and they start getting money not only from the federal government, but also reparations from their citizens there. Think about it those countries are double dipping into the same cookie jar.

There is a solution and one that will make all of those people and governments think long and hard, and that is simply, to ban the flow of money. If all of those illegal immigrants suddenly found that they could not send money back home to their home countries, it would start to put a squeeze on their countries, and then start cutting the aid to those countries as well. Soon the governments will get involved and stop their citizens from entering the country illegally and stop them from coming to the country all together.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Hey if you had health insurance you could have gone anywhere.

Sweetheart they were here first - don't forget it. You could use this as a learning experience. A taste of what minorities go through everyday.

Better learn to speak Spanish.

viva El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles

Why not just call the OP a racist and have done with it? And while you're at it, tell him it's his fault he's not rich and can't move away.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: silverking
After reading most of the posts in this thread, I thought some of you might be interested in my first hand experiences with illegals. Just some quick background and setting first.
I used to work for a security company in South Florida that would sometimes get contracts for new buildings. We would have to work alongside construction crews so we could lay the pipes in concrete that would feed wires to the security system throughout the building. Most of the time, I just had to stand around and supervise the concrete pour for each floor to make sure the concrete crew didn't damage our pipes. This allowed me plenty of time to just b.s. with all of the foremen on the other crews.

We were working on one of Donald Trumps new condo buildings on the beach and I was talking to a foreman that I would b.s. with on a daily basis. He seemed very unfocused that day so I asked him if everything was ok. He told me that he was from Mexico ( ok I already figured that out, lol ) and he was here illegally.

He said he is very worried because he was the cause of an accident while driving drunk (DUI). He continued to tell me that he has to go back to Mexico soon so he can lay low and then come back with a different name or he will have to serve time in prison. He said, I will have to start over and get a new job somewhere else in the country. Apparently, the person in the accident was badly hurt and he was facing serious charges. He was upset that he had a "get out of jail free card" but needed to get a new job if he used it. There was not a single moment in our conversation that showed me he felt guilty for causing pain to the person he almost killed or the people close to that person.

I asked him if leaving the country and coming back with a new name would actually work. Wouldn't the law eventually catch up with you? They must have his finger prints after a DUI right? He told me that illegals (his friends and family) do it whenever something like this happens and if the law does catch up with them, they just leave the country and come back again with a new name. He said it really sucks because it's expensive to get back into the country with a new identity. I bet it sucks but, I wonder how expensive those hospital bills are for the poor individual that you almost killed with your drunk driving skills.

I would like to add one more story to this post before go, hopefully I still have someone's attention.

I was working at that same building when the immigration protests were happening back in about 2006. The protest didn't agree with the government's agenda, so USCIS (immigration services) or technically DHS (department of homeland security) put operation "scare the piss out of illegals" into action. They basically threatened to deport any illegals that they found and said they would be searching places that were known to employ illegals. They actually announced this. What does that tell you?

The illegals on my jobsite and many jobsites in the area didn't take the threat seriously until immigration services showed up at a building site about a mile away and arrested every illegal they could get their hands on. They stormed the entire building and even set up road blocks to catch the ones fleeing. There is only 1 road in that coastline area, you can go either north or south and they had checkpoints for both. I'm certain they got 90% of them and that wasn't the only building they stormed that day.

I was standing on the top floor of this unfinished building, watching them pour concrete, when the rumours of deportation started circling the jobsite. It wasn't long before everyone made their way to the nearest lift or staircase. They all left the jobsite in the middle of a concrete pour! I'm talking almost everyone! This was a large condominium building that was funded by Donald Trump that sold on the beach condos for over 1 million a piece.

The project and every other development in the area shut down completely for days because everyone hired to build them was an illegal immigrant. I'm not exaggerating, it was like a ghost town.

This experience really opened my eyes to the immigration problem and proved that the government wants the illegals here because they could be out there everyday deporting criminals but they choose not to for their agenda.

For the record, I have nothing against Immigrants, but I do have a problem with illegals.

Aren't there any background checks on the people being employed? Like, if they're legal citizens?

(post by Kjvyn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: silverking

Wow. I believe your story. It's ominous.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I keep hearing how Americans that being Caucasians or of European origin are here on Native land. Well according to Archeology even the indigenous natives of north and south America migrated across the bering strait from North Asia or what we know as Siberia.

This why I always scoff at people when they call it "indian land"

History of humanity is all about migrating here, migrating there and back again.

It's not our planet never was, we just occupy it at least for now.

The concept of owning land even owning my own land never set right with me. I simply occupy space, ill die one day and the ground will consume my remains. Long before i was alive and after i am dead and gone people will have walked on and lived in this space i occupy. But for my descendants i would like to see the culture i was raised and educated in preserved as it was passed down to me , the American way in all our triumphs and failures. I am afraid this will become a third world country at this rate. And this is not about a who was here first, this is about several nations encroaching on another nation without use of military force but invading by occupation. We are losing our sovereignty and our culture is being assimilated by another. This country cannot sustain itself economically when the number of people far outnumber the jobs, when a certain amount of people do not put back in to the economy it is common sense and a mathematical certainty. We can only shoe horn our problems under the carpet for so long until someone trips and falls over it.

What a perfect example of how to wage class warfare, by importing another country or countries. Drive down wages , crush the middle class and reboot imperialism.
edit on 2-12-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
When are we gonna stop looking at the color of the skin or ethnicity. Really who cares, this world is all of ours. The sooner we stop dividing ourselves and act as 1 human race the better. How are we ever gonna progress as a civilization if we act like this?

I say open all the borders and let everyone sort out their differences.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well then...

Firstly, there are a lot of generalisations in this thread, and i don't necessarily want to wade into this storm. But i do have some points to make.

1) Is it possible that the hospitals in which the OP visited were close to ethnic districts? I notice that L.A. County hospital is right next door to Chinatown. It is possible that there could be a district of Mexican immigrants closeby also.

2) And this one goes to the OP. Next time you go to the hospital of pharmacy, record your experiences and send them to some newspapers or something. They may very well look into it.

Besides that, i must say that every country experiences similar situations. It isn't something exclusive to the USA, and it is only going to get 'worse' as the world becomes increasingly connected.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Actually the solution relies in making sure that the home country isn't such a s#y place to live. In order to do this, first you'd need to end the war on drugs. This would get rid of the cartels. Then second, you'd need to start investing money into Mexico's infrastructure (possibly in the newly legalized drug trade). This will start funneling tax money to the government legitimately. Then promote good leadership and education. After awhile the flow of illegals will slow down and America would have two neighbors that it is proud of, instead of just one.

Though I know no one wants to discuss real solutions, because real solutions involve America admitting it made a mistake with the war on drugs. Fat chance that will happen any time soon. Instead we'll bitch about the illegals more and more while putting together bandaids that don't do anything to fix the problem.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I'm born and raised in Los Angeles, 40 years old. Went to public schools here in the LAUSD system.

When I was younger growing up here Illegal Immigration was nowhere near this. As a kid a "Mexican" or Honduran or Salvadoran was sort of a rare sight. A few neighborhoods were, but overall it was Whites, Blacks, Asians...for the most.

Around the 90s when I was in high school the waves starting coming after Reagan, Bush, Clintonm Nafta, etc. Since then it has been a steady increase every year on almost every ethnicity, but specifically Hispanics. Within the past 10 years I just resigned to the fact that California and Los Angeles will be taken over, and that it can't be stopped with our current politicians here.

I've accepted it because it can't be fought. I go around town to many places and I am, as a White man, a stranger here. That is how it is. When you are White here you are a minority. It's not the minority part I mind, it's that we as a country and California as a State are being bombarded at a level that is unseen and unreported in history. It's WORSE than thought and I am seeing it full steam now.

Last week I had a medical emergency because I ate a toxin and got severe hives. I was nowhere near a good ER room so I had to be L.A. County hospital. I was there in the daytime and parking was almost impossible to find, as I went myself. I got into the ER and the TV's I noticed were tuned to Spanish stations. But it didn't end there. I was guided to the triage nurse who could barely speak English and had to point to a sign on the wall in English for me to understand "Heart Rate". She was making errors from the get go.

Flash to me talking to a medical billing person who handed me a slip of paper written in Spanish, with a short pencil. While waiting for the second nurse I looked around at all the people. All Hispanic. Maybe one "other than" there, a black dude. NOBODY in the waiting room spoke English. Noobody. The nurses who were seeing other people had to call in interpreters regularly as not all of them spoke Spanish. The look on their faces was pure frustration. In fact they seemed to be relieved I spoke English.

When I was on my way out and ready to pick up my pills, I saw the billing agent coming in and asking questions to about half of the other "outgoing" patients about personal things that they all had trouble answering. They all spoke Spanish to an interpreter and were writing down numbers on pieces of papers. I speak enough Spanish to get by and I knew they were having trouble with payments because they were NOT citizens. Either that or they had emergency Medical (which Illegals qualify for)

These were NOT Americans that just spoke bad English. When you grow up in Los Angeles you know what the deal is when someone is older than 30 and can't speak a LICK of English.

I went down to the pharmacy which is in a huge lobby area where you can overlook hundreds of people in lines. I looked and noticed there was only maybe 2 "other than Hispanic" people out of I would say 200 people. I went down to get in line and overhead the conversations. A lot were ABOUT legality and "home" and "insurance" and "can I do this". It was surreal

Days later I had another referral appointment in Olive View Hospital. It was the SAME exact experience.

I have no clue what's going on but the media is ignoring or are not aware of something huge and I think fraudulent. If anyone would have seen what I saw, my words can't even describe it. It was like being in another country and witnessing a whole underground economy.

I didn't know it was this bad. I suspected things were bad but all the way into our Medical system this deep? Possibly involving Medical/Medicaid numbers and other things. We have been invaded by something much larger than reported. I won't even get into the other makeups of Illegals here like the Koreans, Armenians, Filipinos, Etc. This experience was enough to know that something dark is going on here in California and I am afraid it's just going to get worse.

I don't know how an economy can survive like this. And with the latest actions on Illegal Immigration I think now is the final tipping point. As an L.A. Native born and raised, I barely recognize this city, this State. I only wish I had the funds to document it and make a film but I'm too busy with my own survival.

Have you been to Europe?
Just as bad there in some parts.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join