It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM says loud booms heard between NY and England caused by Aurora Aircraft using Pulse Detonation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was just watching the NBC nightly news with Brian Williams. While showing an artist rendition of the long rumored Aurora space plane Mr. Williams said that it may be using "Pulse detonation" and that this was the cause of the loud booms!!!

I thought Aurora was the early designation of the stealth programs ?

I thought pulse detonation was for space travel?

WTF?

Does anyone else smell coverup?

ETA: can't find it on youtube yet.
edit on 1-12-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

LOL?! Aurora? Jesus, I haven't heard that name in 15+ years!
I suppose it could be connected to those strange explosions heard all over the UK.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's a piece from the Daily Mail:

The origin of the mysterious bangs heard across the UK and New York at the weekend are yet to be officially identified.

But a leading theory is that they were created by an aircraft possibly travelling at supersonic or hypersonic speeds above the Atlantic.

This has led conspiracy theorists to attribute the booms to a spy plane rumoured to be under development by the US military, under the codename Aurora.

Daily Mail

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Isn't this being disused here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Could there be 2? It was heard in New York and the UK at the same time.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mystery of the loud boom that shook homes over upstate New York AND the UK at exactly the same time despite being 3,000 miles apart
On Saturday afternoon residents in upstate New York reported hearing a loud boom that shook their homes and rattled windows
State police received numerous calls about the loud boom, but have no idea what caused it
More than 3,000 miles away in the UK people took to social media to also report hearing unusual noises around the same time

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... V3N
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
Isn't this being disused here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go o this thread please..
Tank you

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
'is ball bearings from space!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Does anyone else smell coverup?

something like that, yeah
back when the X-files was running they made a few jokes about this
most stuff seen or heard via MSM is bull# and/or propaganda
(it's not like they ever tell the truth)

personally, i'm convinced oprah winfrey & some kinda paramilitary McRib groupies are involved
mmmmm McRib...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ahhh so the plot thickens does it not...
edit on 1-12-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: OCD

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

probably all that modified cornstarch

edit on 1-12-2014 by UNIT76 because: ADHD

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

probably all that modified cornstarch

Hahaha

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That's because the MSM are mostly idiots.

A PDE looks cool as hell, on paper. In reality they're inefficient as hell, and almost useless on anything bigger than a cruise missile.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

From what I've put together from people on ATS there was between 90 minutes and two hours between the first boom in the UK and the first in NY. There were more in the UK after, at the same time as NY.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My question is why are we being fed this by the mainstream media, as my wife said, "he just says what he's told to say, someone told him to say that".

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Because 99% of people will go "oh, that explains it." And promptly forget about it, never trying to look deeper.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yup the governments would never want the laymen to know that it was some unknown/secret aircraft that successfully penetrated air defenses across the Atlantic and let out a loud sonic boom to boot to rub it in real good like and send the experts back to the drawing board.

They would never want us to know that.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

Except it didn't, because its one of ours.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
just for the record: i am *NOT* developing an anti-gravity warp drive space cruiser. You know just in case anyone thought i was...rumors to that effect are not true. And I do not have a secret laboratory in my garden shed. Any strange noises from there are probably coming from my spare computer.
edit on 1-12-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The booms were probably sonic booms, over the USA they were common enough through the sixties. My Dad called them "the sound of freedom."
Today was probably Russian and NATO forces playing intercept games again. The Russians get to close. Some one gets excited, the order is given to "intercept the bogie, Buster". Aviation speak for bust you ass, and a patrol aircraft exceeded the sound barrier.
Just a theory on my part, but probable.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Any ideas/thoughts/theories/suggestions on what you think it might have been, Zaph? These mysterious "booms" have been happening a while, it seems these stories pop up primarily in late fall/winter. This would be a first when it comes to people hearing it in Europe AND the U.S. east coast at the same time! Gotta love it. I just wish all the secrecy would stop, is there a space war going on or what??!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join