It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever been to a comic con?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
there is one in cleveland february 2015 im thinking about going to.
admission for 3 days is $85..

its not technically comic con, its 'wizzard con' but thats about as close as i will ever get.
a 3 day pass would be cool cause i am just outside cleveland so i could go back and forth over the 3 days.
i was reading about the san diego con...more than 130,000 people over 3 days and that does not include vendors and people that do the panels.

i want to go to that one but i dont think i can deal with the crowd.

there are cons all over that are far smaller.

so, have you ever been? if so, which one?

was it as awesome as you expected?

this year for cleveland we have william shatner, bruce campbell, corey feldman, drea de matteo, michael rooker, lou ferigno, joey lauren adams, and others of course...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Introvert first. Nerd second. As much as I would love to go to a con, I couldn't handle it too many people. Plus there's no way to know which Danaerys will hug you back and which one will slap the Dothraki loving s### out of you...

I would love to meet Bruce Campbell though!

*swoons*

My hero!

edit on Cpm5Monday2420145631Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:24:56 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

i cant stand people and i cant stand being around them..same with my wife but we are mega nerds.

thats why we have never been to san diego. 130k+ people is just an impossibility for me.
i would have a serious melt down..

having said all that, it would be so awesome..

at least its all like minded people you know.

i really want to get a pic with michael rooker.
i have been a fan of him since henry: portrait of a killer

always plays a dick but he's an awesome guy in real life.

the cost of the photo ops are crazy though.

its $60 for a pic with him.

some of the people(shatner) were charghing 80 bones

i wouldnt pay to get a pic as much as i want to...it would be cool to see all the cos play people and check out the vendors....seems like a fun time

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I went to Wizard World Comic Con in October, in Columbus.
Was a lot of fun. They had some really awesome guests (I met Norman Reedus and Andrew J. West).
The only thing I kind of complained about was just the people who run Wizard World.

Comic Con was different before Wizard World bought it. It was less expensive, and you didn't have to pay in order to meet the guests. When I went in October, I had to pay 110 to meet Norman Reedus, and I had to pay 30 to meet Andrew J. West. I wanted to meet other people, but it was just out of my budget.

It's a lot of fun, just save up money so you can actually do stuff while you're there. Because everything costs money. = )

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

85 a ticket!
Holy smokes..

Do you know if Rooster Teeth will be there?

Roosterteeth.com

Not sure if I'd go. I've always wanted to.
Cleveland is a 2 HR drive.
I'm trying to get to RTX In Austin TX.

My cousin goes to Comicon in San Diego every yr. He's a comic artist and writer..
So I think it cost him more due to renting space.

February is my birthday..
Maybe I'll break away and go.

But than again.. I've never gone to Mardi Gras ...

edit on 1-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

I have issues with crowds too..
I would love the costumes..

I also would love a pic with Jessica Nigri...and Sara Jean Underwood..
I follow the original Trek crew on twitter
Yes and even Wil Wheaton.. and Falicia Day...

It should be even better to go to a Star Wars Convention....

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
im thinking of the cleveland con because i am only about 20 minutes away so i can get the 3 day pass and cruise home everyday.
gives me an excuse to get to cleveland and eat at bo loong and noodle cat as well

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This year, I went with the kids to the Montreal Comicon.

We paid an extra amount so they could be photographed with a star of their choice. They choose Karl Urban. We realized lately that he was in many major motion pictures we saw and liked, lol.

He showed great class, and was really nice. People think he is me when they see the pictures.

We only went for a day though and saw a tiny fraction of what was there. Next year, we intend to see more.

And those practicing cosplay were also great with the kids for pictures.
We have a picture of a look a like of Tom Hiddleston as Loki. He was incredibly looking like him... He was so awesome he gave us the urge to kneel, lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Went to the Chicago comic-con years ago (1995-ish ??) and went to the San Diego show about 5 years ago.

WAY to many people and to get into anything really cool it there was a line you wouldn't believe.

I won't stand in line for that long to sit with a nude Scarlett Johansson and screen Avengers 6.....just say'in

Kids enjoyed it more than anyone.

And it's not cheap!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

YESS! Bruce Campbell..
How could I forget the best B actor in history....

I was fortunate to work on movies here in Pittsburgh.
Did films with Cameron Romero... now moved to L.A. and lost everything... he loved his Buds...

And Tom Savini and most of his school crew..

Cameron did "The Screening" I built the bar table that goes down the theater steps.. it included a slanted slide that the bar tender at the top just placed the beer bottles on... and it slid down to the patron...
Also did make-up and FX...

Also did "Death From Above" and River Of Darkness an awful movie with a Kevin Nash, Curt Angle and Psycho Sid..
I work with a small FX company in north Pittsburgh...
If you want the FX company just u2u and I'll give the info.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
im thinking of the cleveland con because i am only about 20 minutes away so i can get the 3 day pass and cruise home everyday.
gives me an excuse to get to cleveland and eat at bo loong and noodle cat as well

Off subject.,
But it would give me a chance to eat at Lolita's and the rest of Michael Symon's restaurant's

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I love comic con's!
and have been to three of them.

Two were Matsuri-con up in Columbus, Ohio; and one was Ohio-con this past January. It's always a lot of fun for me and my friends.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I went to Comic Con in Philadelphia in 2013. It was awesome fun.

We saw Piper and Leo from Charmed; Kevin Sorbo who played hercules; William Shatner; Stan Lee; James Marsters from Buffy/Angel; and a bunch of other people. Had a great time shopping all sorts of fun Dr. Who stuff from the booths.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I go to ConCarolinas, met Richard Hatch from Battlestar Galactica, Kandyse McClure, also from BSG, ALONG WITH Timothy Zahn.
Total sci fi nerd here.

top topics

join