It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPCC Founder: WHO Report Predicting Deaths From Global Warming Exaggerated By Ten-Fold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
More conflicting information by scientists.

I think.

Can somebody pick this apart and confirm or rebut.

IPCC Founder: WHO Report Predicting Deaths From Global Warming Exaggerated By Ten-Fold

Dr Indur Goklany, who was a member of the delegation that set up the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and helped developed its first assessment report, has slammed a WHO report of 250,000 deaths/year from global warming between 2030 and 2050 as preposterous.

The WHO's released in the run up to the UN Summit on climate change in September claims that 95,000 more people would die each year from malnutrition, 60,000 from malaria, 48,000 from diarrhea and 38,000 elderly who would die from heat exposure, all because of the global warming hypothesis.

Dr. Goklany's rebuttal published by The Global Warming Policy Foundation, called "Unhealthy Exaggeration, The Who Report On Climate Change (embedded below) points out the WHO report account for the human species' ability to adapt. In other words, like most progressive predictions it assumes that mankind is too stupid to adapt.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't necessarily think that people are dying specifically because of global warming. But I do believe that global warming exists. Long term, everyone will die partly because of global warming, I think. But short term, we're just dealing with the crap that comes from it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I did a search and he didn't turn up as a founder or even involved in the IPCC's First Assessment Report.

Desmog Blog has a list of his credentials though.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: xuenchen

I did a search and he didn't turn up as a founder or even involved in the IPCC's First Assessment Report.

Desmog Blog has a list of his credentials though.

Good find.

He's an electrical engineer and apparently a big denier.

Maybe we will all get hit by lightning !!!

Hmmm.

top topics

join