It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Will Save What I Can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's not always effortless to save money. Money is the driving force behind all those modern miracles that make civilized living worth it. Saving is a rightist thing to do. I always would wonder why leftists were eager to spread their resources thin. These tough economic times are not the best conditions to start your savings in, but if you do make that investment in your future the next economic hardships won't be as harsh for you to live through as this one is. I don't total up my pennies and all that and I can't do my own taxes but it's not so perplexing to save a few notes here and there.

edit on 1-12-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just don't save the ones that says specimen

Also gold or silver could be better than worthless paper

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

So what is your point?
Why do you think leftist are eager to spread their means thin?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Would rather spend it now than wait until it's worth more wiping my arse!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Would rather spend it now than wait until it's worth more wiping my arse!

I`m with you on that, I don`t save anything I spend it all before inflation eats the value. I figure whatever I buy will hold it`s value longer than the money I bought it with.I get more use from the things I buy than I would get from the money sitting in a bank losing value and buying power.
save for retirement? pfft, we should all know by now that nobody ever actually retires except for the very wealthy the rest of us will have to work till the day we die.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Do like rich people and buy something you can resell when you'll need it. Your money might be better invested that way than going at the bank, where it can easily be disappeared through various bankers activities, over time.

I agree it is not an easy thing done, but I'm not talking about 50k shares from Apple, either. There will always be someone in need of even a potato.

And I'd say worth is more important than money. Money is just a tool created to facilitate transactions of all kind, but whatever is behind the money is worth something. That is the value to save.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Would You rather die with $1 million in debt OR $1 million in the bank?

Gandhi had a stick and a robe and didn't "want"..

Don't fall prey to the advertising of having to go Christmas shopping to buy needless crap for folks that don't appreciate it anyway.

I have an analyst now looking into 'graphene' and I took a loooong leap of faith and bought some 'Insultex' a fabric that 8 oz. of material can float 200# and shows a snowmobile suit and the reporter backs into a near frozen lake and instead of sinking, He floats: www.idigear.com see "videos"

If the Joneses move out of the neighborhood maybe it'll go back the way it was?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Also, I don't know where You reside but if it is the U.S.A. there are places that are way cheaper to survive, it looks like You already have some of the $$ why they have a picture of "Kramer" is none of My bee's wax, but why Kramer during His post Seinfeld days??

"The American Dream" isn't dead, You just have to go to South or Central America to attain it but with the intraweb and communications what that they are, aren't We all 'Citizen's of the world'? I was looking into Uruguay and the current 22-1 exchange rate, the fact that the Government is behind and sells cannabis is just icing on that 3rd piece of cake. If I wasn't married and/or didn't have My Mother-in-law living in our humble abode, I'd be all over that. My biggest concern would be if My 4 dogs would be handle the move as they don't understand anything other than German.

top topics

join