It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Gunning for US Military - Scrub you Social Media of Info

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think this has been circulating for a little while now. A lot of a chatter about this on some of the military spouses social media pages. Several ladies on pages I'm a part of have gotten weird friend requests and even harassing messages from strangers. Most of the spouses I know have their social media pages set pretty private, although many don't. Sadly, I suspect isis or any other ill-intentioned person would get lots of info from blabber mouths on the Internet. (Wait... I guess this post makes me one of those?)
I try to be careful, but I feel so at home on ats that I'm sure I say too much, but this username is exclusive for ats and not linked to my real name anywhere else on the Internet, so hopefully I'm okay.

I think it is wise that everyone secure their social media as best as possible, isis threat or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

made up? its real.

staying power? no.

waiting for a chance to switch places with the unsuspecting? definitely.

ISIS are identity thieves first and foremost...everything else is bluster.

they probably do have pieces in place to make something happen, but they'll just embarrass themselves.

It's funded by the U.S. just like Al Qaeda was.
Staying power? Yes. The threat will be there as long as the government wants it there. The U.S. needs a boogeyman.
Identity thieves? What proof do we have of that? Also. There are identity thieves in our own country. Not nearly as big of a threat as you think.

Really?

Identity theft is the biggest crime possible and ISISs Strategic objective. all other crimes are Tactical, including the detonation of a dirty bomb and easily made to not be crimes if the other is achieved.

the government cannot create anything like IS, sorry to burst your bubble but Governments are not the most powerful things in the world...if ISIS accomplished its goal, they would erase your Government with a number two pencil.

edit on 1-12-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: michaelbrux

Do you think ISIS could have found the WMD's hidden in Syria and are now re-commissioning them ready for an attack on Europe?

its a threat they'd never carry out without first achieving identity theft...it would legitimize an equal response.

they are identity thieves, they enjoy shopping and want stuff to be in europe to enjoy. i think many live there.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Do you think ISIS could have found the WMD's hidden in Syria and are now re-commissioning them ready for an attack on Europe?

its a threat they'd never carry out without first achieving identity theft...it would legitimize an equal response.

they are identity thieves, they enjoy shopping and want stuff to be in europe to enjoy. i think many live there.

Not Syria's, but the WMD's that Iraq transported into Syria.

That's what some people claim, and if it's true, then maybe ISIS has got hold of the forbidden fruit?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What this user saying is the same thing I said. ISIS, Boko Haram & Al Qaeda were all created by the U.S gov to get troops in places where they need to be.

the government cannot create anything like IS

Yes they can and worse. You underestimate the power of the U.S gov and which powerful people they create & support, sorry to burst your bubble.

Now whether ISIS is now on their own for power like Al Qaeda or they still have most of their strings being pulled, that's a different story.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

What this user saying is the same thing I said. ISIS, Boko Haram & Al Qaeda were all created by the U.S gov to get troops in places where they need to be.

Yes they can and worse. You underestimate the power of the U.S gov and which powerful people they create & support, sorry to burst your bubble.

Now whether ISIS is now on their own for power like Al Qaeda or they still have most of their strings being pulled, that's a different story.

ISIS emerged in January 2006, when the US was already in Iraq with 180,000 troops...that doesn't make any sense.

The US left Iraq...and then went back...why didn't they just spring ISIS on us in 6.2011? and save on gas.

i think it would be more accurate to say that entities outside of government, using US assets and capabilities were able to build and develop the group that became ISIS; possibly for use once they no longer had access to US assets and capabilities.

A government is a machine and isn't capable of building anything or bestowing a fate or destiny. even blaming the government seems to be an attempt to deflect attention from the real flesh and blood individuals responsible for the group or the beneficiaries of its activities.

i'm going to go ahead and keep in mind that real people are at the core of ISIS, perhaps they once worked for the US Government, maybe they knew someone who did. but these real people lurk about the US and Europe shrouded in darkness looking for a chance to attack Americans and they don't operate from US Government Property and have no Government sanctions...just a gang of dimwited oafs that bit off more than they can chew.

you blame the machine if you like.

edit on 1-12-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They draw a parallel to Canada where soldiers on duty in uniform were attacked. Who funds ISIS to begin with? If the puppeteers decide their toys need to spill American blood, it will happen.

But I don't see that happening. They will restrict such games to Canada or the UK fearing a backlash from the military at some level however unlikely.

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

ISIS emerged in January 2006, when the US was already in Iraq with 180,000 troops...that doesn't make any sense.

The US left Iraq...and then went back...why didn't they just spring ISIS on us in 6.2011? and save on gas.

i think it would be more accurate to say that entities outside of government, using US assets and capabilities were able to build and develop the group that became ISIS; possibly for use once they no longer had access to US assets and capabilities.

A government is a machine and isn't capable of building anything or bestowing a fate or destiny. even blaming the government seems to be an attempt to deflect attention from the real flesh and blood individuals responsible for the group or the beneficiaries of its activities.

i'm going to go ahead and keep in mind that real people are at the core of ISIS, perhaps they once worked for the US Government, maybe they knew someone who did. but these real people lurk about the US and Europe shrouded in darkness looking for a chance to attack Americans and they don't operate from US Government Property and have no Government sanctions...just a gang of dimwited oafs that bit off more than they can chew.

you blame the machine if you like.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

ISIS was sprung on the west over this. Or at least mainly over this. I cant know all the reasons, why Obama withdrew troops to begin with from Iraq. I will go ahead and assume as a black president he can order air strikes in the face of ISIS atrocities but the military wont go into a war with any kind of causalities with a black president at the helm.

All I know is ISIS is very well trained, very well equipped and must have access to outstanding intelligence. Of course real people fund, equip, train ISIS, provide them intelligence. The question is, who are those people?

Now between the claims, that America or much of NATO did what they did throughout the cold war and now, in many cases admittedly (such as the support of the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan) again and your idea that a group through a series of multiple ongoing plots manages to secure their resources and using them for their own goals instead, your plot sounds more fantastical.
edit on 1-1-2015 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join