It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Science, Space, Fiction, The Future? Then Watch This Three Minute Masterpiece!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It is a rare honor to share this with ATS. A three minute short film, narrated by Carl Sagan, that does more in those roughly three minutes than most documentaries or science fiction movies manage to do in hours.

This is, quite simply, an amazing bit of film and needs no further comment from me. I hope you get the goosebumps that I got watching it.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Great vid.
Makes me wish i was around in a hundred years or so

This round of mankind really is in its infancy
edit on 1/12/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
An amazing short. It is posted over on Vimeo as well, and seems to be in slightly better quality. Link
To wonder what life will offer my childrens childrens children. The pursuit of science, truth, leads us to these places one day. Many complained about India starting a space program, when it has millions in poverty. But I think it offers incredible goals and inspires those kids to study in the sciences and give them hope.

I hope by the end of my lifetime we will at least have gotten humans to Mars.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Very Cool John! What a rush it would be to be able to traverse some of the surfaces of the Planets in our Solar System, and on Worlds in other Galaxies, eh? I would Love to do that in My physical form before it dies. Nuff said on that for this thread though. This Video is Fantastic!!

Thanx for the Share!!! Syx.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If we could only put aside our petty differences, and work together as a species to solve our problems here. We could already be... out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You just know Carl Sagan's voice anywhere, his voice is half the battle with that video. It reminds me of that HD Moonrover clip I found a while back. This video here must be watched in Full screen, Thanks Heff.
edit on 1-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Awesome Monday morning inspiration! Thanks Heff!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
You just know Carl Sagan's voice anywhere, his voice is half the battle with that video. It reminds me of that HD Moonrover clip I found a while back. This video here must be watched in Full screen, Thanks Heff.

So true. Every time I hear him talk, I am reminded of the series Cosmos that inspired me so much as a child, to look to the stars with wonder. He made the vision so real to my minds eye, and the imagery in that series, in his imaginary space ship traveling the cosmos, still elicits a longing to witness the universe unfolding before me.

I'm sharing this on fb
awesome animation. Cheers Heff.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: smurfy

So true. Every time I hear him talk, I am reminded of the series Cosmos that inspired me so much as a child, to look to the stars with wonder. He made the vision so real to my minds eye, and the imagery in that series, in his imaginary space ship traveling the cosmos, still elicits a longing to witness the universe unfolding before me.

I'm sharing this on fb
awesome animation. Cheers Heff.

Exactly my sentiments...the sentiment of science even, just shows you!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Heff

That was simply awesome, goosebumps my friend, I have a strange yearning to get my bike out and go a ride to the darkest place I can find and just sit staring in wonderment at the sky.

Cody

new topics

top topics

join