It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pic on Coasttocoastam.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ok, this is sort of bizarre. I don't think this is a UFO or plane, but it looks like it hasn't been pasted onto the image. What do y'all think this is?
He/she says that the pic was taken around 30 thousand feet from a plane.

Link to story.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
it looks like a thin sheet type of object, maybe like something floating in the air for a minute or something. I dunt know it does look kind of weird.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Looks kinda like some really lightweight ribbon or paper that got blown up into the air. I've watched plastic grocery sacks get blown by the wind so far up I lost sight of them... I suppose it's not inconceivable...

Alternately, there's a chance that it was a crack in the window...

Interesting photo though...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Could be "space junk"

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hahahahah looks like a scratch on the window of whatever he was in... lol

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I heard recently on the news that there are over 8,000 articles of "space junk" floating around our planet.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maybe it is a rip in the fabric of space and time... Aliens were just arriving to our system through their "portal" and that is what it looks like when they come out of "hyperspace".

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Obviously it's a star or probably the planet Venus exposured on the film with a long shutter time. Try shooting pictures (handheld) of distant lights at nightfall and you'll get somewhat similar effects.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
it looks like some really bad and/or drunk sky-writing accident.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It looks like a cluster of Helium filled mylar ballons. Some poor kid is crying.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What the hell is that thing. Looking at the picture I really have no idea what that thing could be so Im not even going to try and guess. Cool Picture though.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The object seen doesn't seem like a crack or scratch in a window to me, nor does it appear as if it would be capable of flight really. To me it looks like an explosion of some sort, it reminds me of the 1986 Challenger explosion. Does anyone else believe that is a possibility?

Though if it was an explosion, why was no flash seen or was no explosion reported? Or was a flash seen or explosion reported? I dunno, that's just my opinion, an explosion or perhaps a star pr satelite that was somewhat blurred due to the speed at which the aircraft was traveling. I'm still holding out for an explosion though.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Avid photographer here...and this quote...

Obviously it's a star or probably the planet Venus exposured on the film with a long shutter time. Try shooting pictures (handheld) of distant lights at nightfall and you'll get somewhat similar effects.

by Drol Asharin is 100% correct. I've taken 100's or pics of planets, stars, and any slight movement in the camera will cause this effect.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I would have to agree as well. The rest of the picture is too "fuzzy" to tell anything to really confirm though. Maybe some photoshop guru here can take the picture and brighten it or something to see if there are any details on the lower half of the picture that would show similiar movements of the camera.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Looks kinda like a scorpian.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Avid photographer here...and this quote...

by Drol Asharin is 100% correct. I've taken 100's or pics of planets, stars, and any slight movement in the camera will cause this effect.

Yep. I've done it too.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Sanitarium]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Looks like a piece of lint stuck to the inside of the aeroplane window.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
cant tell from the distance... maybe a deflating high altitude balloon used by the air force.. this page is from last year they can still be using them i guess, thats my 2 cents feel free to jump on me if im wrong

www.vs.afrl.af.mil...

[edit on 12-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the object shows some shadowing giving it some form or 3D effect which would lessen the chance of it being added or pasted on.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the object shows some shadowing giving it some form or 3D effect which would lessen the chance of it being added or pasted on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join