It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Dreams Meaningful? Should They Impact Your Thinking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So, I pretty recently got out of a long-term relationship. Although difficult, it is clearly a good thing, objectively. Needed to happen. Anyways, there's this girl I work with. We've always talked and gotten along good. And she's good looking. But, she's had a boyfriend, and I've had a girlfriend. And I was just thinking to myself, in the few days before what I'm going to talk about, how I liked her and everything, but wasn't interested in her in that way. And I thought this was a good thing. Because, when I was younger, if a girl was good looking and I got along with her good, of course I'd be potentially interested. But, I've felt we didn't really connect 'in that way,' even though she's good looking and we get along. So I thought, this is a good thing, it means your views on relationships are maturing. I want to actually really connect with someone in the right way, before I would be interested and pursue something like that.

But then, I had a couple of dreams about her. Despite what you might think, they were not sexual whatsoever. They were extremely innocent, like the first romantic connection. In the last one, it was just her and I sitting next to each other, talking. And we kept making little incidental, but meaningful seeming, contact. Then our hands started lightly and playfully touching, coming closer to actually holding hands, until we were finally actually holding hands, and just looking into each others eyes. And the way that I felt. It was just...so amazing. The love and happiness I felt was absolutely overwhelming. Now, this is a 'type' of dream I have from time to time. A dream that generates a feeling of the most absolutely intense love you can possibly imagine. The most amazing feeling I can possibly imagine. This feeling is sometimes in a romantic context, but not always.

Anyways, before that dream I didn't really think of her in that way at all. I actually had it pretty clear in my mind that I wasn't interested in that way. But then after that dream, when I've seen her I can't help but think about it. I remember that feeling I had in my dream, with her, how amazing it was. And weirdly, the next day after the dream, when I saw her at work, which is also the last time I saw her, a couple things happened. One, she went out of her way to talk to me more than usual. We were talking in a less superficial way. And, she mentioned that her and her boyfriend broke up. And the fact that this all happened the next day also makes me think the dream may have had meaning. Now, in this thread I went into a bit of detail about the particular situation. But that is mostly just an illustration, it isn't entirely the point of the thread. I just found it interesting that my whole thought process changed, as a result of a couple dreams. I'm still not sure if I want to act on it or not, but I find it interesting. And I'm curious about others' experiences. Whether you've had dreams which caused you to change your thoughts or behavior in relation to what the dream was about. And whether dreams actually have meaning, and should have that effect. Or if they don't really have meaning in that way, in the sense of taking their content seriously and having it impact you in a way that changes your thoughts or behavior. I've always been fascinated by dreams, and have been finding this to be interesting, and find the general form of it, dreams having real-life impact, interesting.
edit on 30-11-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
First of nice description and dream/story feel good for you both seems a good connection. Now to your point, iv said this several times here on ATS now, it was a dream that brought me to this very website just over a year ago! I think it was a good impact as iv learned so much and its helping change my life and the people around me i care about for the good...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman
First of nice description and dream/story feel good for you both seems a good connection. Now to your point, iv said this several times here on ATS now, it was a dream that brought me to this very website just over a year ago! I think it was a good impact as iv learned so much and its helping change my life and the people around me i care about for the good...

That's interesting. How did a dream bring you to ATS?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I recently had a dream full of 'symbols' that when I looked them up, were both coherent/related in their meaning and made a lot of sense to me. I think that dream helped/changed me a bit
I do think dreams have a meaning, if only to express certain feelings that linger around in your unconsciousness.

What you described seems like quite an influence from certain dreams, so of course they're meaningful! This isn't about whether they're 'meaningful' in some kind of paranormal or spiritual sense, it's all about what they mean to you or what impact they have on you, besides where it originates from. Seems like you had quite powerful and insightful dreams. As they had this impact I'd listen to what they mean to you. You've basically been given (from your unconsciousness or whatever) a new insight/take on things so yeah, I'd say that you should let it impact your thinking.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

That's interesting. How did a dream bring you to ATS?

It was a dream about world war three here is the link to it on my old profile i was just getting to grips with the site back the so not very good but feel free to have a poke around on ther some interesting threads

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't think all dreams have meaning. I think there are your normal dreams, where you have random adventures and your mind just vomits all over the place. But there are the 'other' dreams, that have meaning and where your mind or someone else is trying to tell you something. I can tell the difference between those dreams. I'm familiar with how my mind works and my normal style of dreaming. But then there are those other dreams, like the one you had, where there's just something different. Something that kinda tells you that this dream is not of the same make as the others.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Oh, and it should be SUBconscious.

new topics

top topics

join