It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nashville Police Chief Refuses to Crack Down on Ferguson Protesters, No Violence Ensues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Source

Since its so hard for you to understand here let me use this article to spell it out for you.

Metro Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson says his officers set an example for the nation when they chose to take a cooperative approach to local Ferguson protests, a stark contrast to the militarized crackdowns employed by other departments. As a result, no violence, looting, or vandalism took place.

Well.. the police actually want to take a more reasonable approach. Rather then use force and action they allow the protestors to voice their opinions.

Listen to the video.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Sounds like one of the few policeman in the USA with his head screwed on.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I know its funny huh.

Everyone thinks im anti police when in fact im pro accountability and im anti police being the ones who initiate all of the violence.

I commend this department for what they did, wish we had more reasonable people in the US.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This man will have to be replaced with someone who has their head in the right way of thinking. Cooperative approach and letting the people voice their opinions what was this hippy thinking about anyway? How can police forces justify all the military equipment they are getting if they get along with the public.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They cant.

If there wasnt a trust issue between the public and the local DAs officer, police departments we would have reverance for the police officers but since such a high percentage of americans have had uncalled for and increasingly violent interactions with police we just naturally dont trust them, and were right to do so.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If I could star and flag this a thousand more times I would!!

This is exactly what we need to be seeing more of. I say seeing because the truth is that there is this kind of change occurring all over this country. We are collectively seeing through the lies of the government/corporate structure and I have said it before and I will say it again, everyone one of us in the process of facing our conscience and deciding which karmic path we shall take. Those LEO's are not exempt from this, it is a part of their growth, and all I can say is that the Nashville PD are an example for every department across this nation!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I love it when my home gets a mention on the global ATS

Usually the cops are pretty cool around here, Ive been let off numerous traffic violations over the years, that's Metro Nashville police not the surrounding precincts which are the sort you don't want to meet infracting or suspecting of infracting the law.

As long as you are not disturbing traffic and not vandalizing things they will let you stand on the corner in downtown shouting whatever you want. They did crack down on the "occupy" movement because it was more of a party in the street than it was a legitimate protest, I stopped by and had a beer once.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Howdy neighbor!

I was a bit concerned when I heard the protestors were laying down on I24, (which now seems like false news). But, I love the fact that the officers passed out hot chocolate after the March. No looting, no broken windows, no fires, no tipped over cars, just (mosly) peaceful protesting.

Proud of the police and proud of the protestors. I love Nashville!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Howdy,

They didn't lay in the road for long, and it was more on the side from what I know. At this point I see more of a social thing and less of a protest thing and it wont be long until people are bored of hearing about whatever and will start looking elsewhere for something to trend on. There are bigger things happening in and around the world right now.

top topics

join