It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson protest in Portland leads to hug for boy, officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

“I was like, 'hey, what's your name? He said, 'My name is Devonte.' And I asked, 'Do you know what's going on?’ He said, 'a protest?' I asked, 'Do you know why?' He said, ‘yeah.’ And I said, 'Do you think it's good or bad.' And he didn't say anything. He just broke down and cried,” Nguyen continued.

“I just motioned for him to come on over. And he slowly came on over and he was a little trembly,” Sgt. Barnum said. “First thing I said was, ‘Why are you crying? ‘He said he was sad – He was sad about the protest. He was sad about what was going on in the world and all I could do was just sigh.”

Ferguson protest in Portland leads to hug for boy, officer

www.kval.com...

www.kval.com...

“I was like, 'hey, what's your name? He said, 'My name is Devonte.' And I asked, 'Do you know what's going on?’ He said, 'a protest?' I asked, 'Do you know why?' He said, ‘yeah.’ And I said, 'Do you think it's good or bad.' And he didn't say anything. He just broke down and cried,” Nguyen continued.

“I just motioned for him to come on over. And he slowly came on over and he was a little trembly,” Sgt. Barnum said. “First thing I said was, ‘Why are you crying? ‘He said he was sad – He was sad about the protest. He was sad about what was going on in the world and all I could do was just sigh.”

The two talked about school and vacations and as the conversation came to a natural end, “I just looked down at his sign which he set down on the ground. I'd seen him holding it earlier and I saw it said ‘free hugs’ and I pointed to it and I said, ‘do I get one of those?’” Barnum continued.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I won't add any words to this, except it spoke volumes.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: palmalBlue2

Yep. that picture brings tears to my eyes.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread

Peace Among Protest (Love Is The Solution)

join