It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Religion Haters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
We dont care...its when we are having a scientific discussion and someone from your side says....laminin is a protein in the shape of a cross ...therefore god is real...

Maybe that's your problem...

Perhaps you are you missing the point.

The Temple Cult of Scientism has become more of a blind faith than most religions.

The cult of scientific fundamentalism is just as dangerous as any other cult out there if not more so.

The irony and hypocrisy of this is so obvious that it is comical in a way.

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

If anybody needed a reason to write about religion and it's detrimental effects on humanity, you need look no further.....

edit on 30-11-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

It makes both sides more secure to reinforce their beliefs.

I don't know anything for sure...but, the subject is fascinating.

i take issue with the presumption that goodness is a quality to be observed only among the god fearing. why can't living without a god be just as emotionally and physically lucrative?

But i take your point.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingSage
The literalist sects of Christianity have spent the last 2000 years doing their best to conquer the world in the name of Christ. Millions upon millions of people have been tortured, maimed, and murdered for not succumbing to the "saints". Whole cultures have been devastated and destroyed in the name of Christ. And yet, the evangelical/fundamentalist machine rolls on, doing their best to affect, infect, and inject their god on everyone and everything. I can't imagine why anyone would be upset at that.

And why get so upset about those who don't like your religion? Your own bible tells you that you are blessed to be reviled by the heathens, and you should be happy about it, because you are partaking in the sufferings of Christ. Which is an honor. If you need scripture for that, let me know. I'll be glad to quote it for you.

It would seem that you don't agree with Jesus or Peter's idea of a good time.

edit on 11/30/2014 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I totally believe in freedom of religion, but I also believe in my right to scrutinize people about the logic of said religion when they choose to talk about it.

What I do have a big problem with is when people brainwash their kids with there own religious beliefs as if it were fact, because that is no longer freedom of religion, it is forced religion. Or when religious people try to force their belief structure onto government policy, because once again, it’s no longer freedom of religion but you are now forcing it onto people.

I welcome and expect my non-religious beliefs to be scrutinized passionately. Imo, if your faith is not strong enough to stand up to being scrutinized with logic and common sense, then you should keep it to yourself and not force or preach said religion onto others.

But you should have all the freedom in the world to believe it. Just don't expect to not be questioned about it when you preach it.

edit on 30-11-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
People hate on religion because it seems to be the root of much violence in this day and age.

And you religious people have done nothing to stem it.

All religious people do is trump up their beliefs and stomp on other religions in order to validate their beliefs. Much like other religions do to you and your religion.

You know what I see?

I see bullies fighting in the sandbox. To me, religious people are stubborn bullies that constantly whine, point fingers, and create violence to further their cause.

I see some good religious people, but all in all religion is the biggest source of hate and contempt there is on the planet.

It's (the koran the bible) a book written by humans eons ago to keep everyone in social check, but you people have redrawn the rules to include violence and mistrust.

The world would be a better place without religion.

Deal with your violence or get no love.
edit on 30-11-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is a good example of why religion gets flack.

Mississippi Group Seeks To Declare Christianity As State Religion

a group known as the Magnolia State Heritage Campaign is trying to cement Christianity as the state’s official religion in its constitution. They are proposing a constitutional amendment that they hope will be on the 2016 ballot.
The campaign’s Arthur Randallson explained to American Family Association news network OneNewsNow, “We have taken a little bit of time to prepare an initiative that covers promoting Christianity, which is recognized as the principal religion of Mississippi from the founding of the state in 1817 to the present, and affirmed in the state constitution prayer acknowledging the Holy Bible.”
The actual text of the amendment would read:
The State of Mississippi hereby acknowledges the fact of her identity as a principally Christian and quintessentially Southern state, in terms of the majority of her population, character, culture, history, and heritage, from 1817 to the present; accordingly, the Holy Bible is acknowledged as a foremost source of her founding principles, inspiration, and virtues; and, accordingly, prayer is acknowledged as a respected, meaningful, and valuable custom of her citizens. The acknowledgments hereby secured shall not be construed to transgress either the national or the state Constitution’s Bill of Rights.
In other words, it doesn’t violate the First Amendment, which prohibits the establishment of a state religion, simply because it says that it wouldn’t.
The Tea Party-driven initiative would also establish English as the official language of the state, requiring all governmental services, functions, or communications to be rendered “in the English language only.”
Another significant aspect of the “Heritage Initiative” is an embrace of the state’s Confederate heritage. “Dixie” would be made the state song, April would be “Confederate Heritage Month,” the Confederate Battle Flag would be flown at the state capitol, and “Colonel Reb” would be reinstated as the official mascot of the University of Mississippi, having been changed out for a less-offensive black bear named “Rebel” in 2010.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My Point of view:
A sheep is a sheep regardless of view and a goat is a goat regardless of view.

1 I do dislike the Paulian version of Jesus message since I feel it is corrupting the message Jesus taught and created duality in it. In a way it became a bad/inefficient map for finding spiritual truths.
2 I do think Muhammad made a bad job in Islam and therefore there is a lot of duality problems. I think Rumi was spot on.
3 I think there are spiritual truths hiding in the old testament also but they are hard to find. At least the Jews where smart enough to write about the Merkabah.
4 Sikhism is ok even if they do put a few rules (dogmas) there that have no real value on a spiritual level.
5 Buddhism is quite informative but also push in a few dogmas of their own that are spiritual simplifications.
6 Hinduism can be interesting but have dogma that have no real value on a spiritual level.

In 4-6 the chakras system exists as a supplement as explanation of the energy states that the body can achieve even if the system from my point of view a bit of an simplification of the real thing. For me the energized states in the eastern philosophy is the holy spirit in the western philosophies.

www.sikhiwiki.org...
buddhists.org...
www.myss.com...

So I find it funny that some people in the western philosophy can say that they have the holy spirit, but at the same time say that those with kundalini/chi/light/prana flowing thru their body are deluded by Satan, since they do not follow their religious view even if they can go into bliss state and feel the oneness with something greater than themselves.

Faith ends at Gnosis since there you have your own experience and religion becomes a small minded view of the experience.

Namaste
edit on 30-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Why can't believers stop preaching? I couldn't care less about religious people if they would stop meddling, preaching and hating on non-believers. If you constantly insult atheists, homosexuals or others that don't fit in with your beliefs, expect a defense. If you just go to church and stick with each other and leave us 'others' in peace you'd be amazed how little we care about religious types.

Same back at you. Amazing isn't it:

Why can't non believers stop preaching what we should believe is right and wrong. I couldn't care less about non-religious people if they would stop meddling, preaching and hating on beliefs and morality.If you constantly insult Christians, Jews or others that don't fit in with your immoral beliefs, expect a defense. If you just go to your social hangouts and stick with each other and leave us 'believers' in peace you'd be amazed how little we care about you non-religious types.

edit on 30-11-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Its primitive .. bloodthirsty .. barbaric superstition used to control along with the biggest excuse used when humans butcher each other.

World would be far better off without the abrahamic religions and their murderous followers.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

You described people and not religion. My religion preaches unconditional love not what you just said. It's not primitive. Atheists God is science and they worship it as we have seen in oh so many threads in the past and a few here. What has science done? Oh yeah given us way more barbaric tools to kill more humanity in bloodthirsty arts. Good try though!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That was in the name of The Pope who is a Catholic thing not a Christian thing. I never said religious power in the wrong hands isn't dangerous. But do you really think if there wasn't religion then there wouldn't be wars? If so then you are sadly naïve to mankind and our natural way. Mankind is violent and we look for any excuse to fight. Let's see here what's an example? Oh yeah The War on Terror in Afghanistan and Iraq. Was that for religion? No. It was for oil, because the machinery we use needs it. That machinery was created through science but not religion. So were guns and nuclear bombs and so many other things to kill other humans. At least back before all this technology other man had a chance with a sword and a shield.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I couldn't care less about non-religious people if they would stop meddling, preaching and hating on beliefs and morality. If you constantly insult Christians, Jews or others that don't fit in with your immoral beliefs, expect a defense.

And there it is. It took a little longer than I expected, but it was bound to come out. You religious folks believe that the non-religious hate beliefs and hate morality and are, in fact, by reason of their non-belief, immoral.

edit on 30-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Atheists God is science and they worship it as we have seen in oh so many threads in the past and a few here.

Well if you are preaching that kind of crap you bet your going to get called out on it.

I am sure you have heard this before but let me try again.

Atheism is the lack of belief in deities. (there are no gods to atheists)

You want atheists to leave you be in threads then learn the basics otherwise you are bringing it on yourself.

What has science done?

Seriously??? For starters you are communicating through a wonder of science you are alive most likely because of advances in science. (vaccines, tetanus shots, modern medical practices, and I bet you enjoy transportation and electricity)

Wow I can see why atheists are in threads with you now. It really is your own fault I wish you could understand that.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

There it it is.

Assumptions

What I may find immoral, you may find OK.

Good for you but, to each their own, but don't press your beliefs on me.

I want you to press your sense of right and wrong on me as much as you want someone to do it to you.
edit on 30-11-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If defending my integrity is pushing beliefs on you, then you have a very low threshold. Grow a pair!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Yeah there is only one known religious extremist group killing people right. Also they aren't even following their religion. Go ahead and use the same argument everyone else does. You people have redrawn the rules? Know the last time Catholics or Christians fought and created violence for our religion? It was THE CRUSADES!!! The people then couldn't even read the Bible or they'd be punished. They were tricked. Much of what is happening in the Mid East with terroristic extremist groups. They can't even read The QURAN (That's how you spell it) because they can't read at all.

Know what created the weapons that are killing people everyday? Science. Know what's killing our Earth? Science. Sensing a pattern here? Religion may have been a cause for a few wars but science is the cause of the killing of the entire planet. If you believe in Global Warming that is.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah you named a few good things, but why don't you name all the bad?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Bush sr: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God

Im mostly against ignorance in science.

People can be as religious as they want, but when they try to speak as if they were scientists with PhDs in biology or genetics then thats when i try to interfere.

There are many religious people who get their "science" from religious websites, then they feel as if they could already be accepted to Harvard but at the end they dont even know what a scientific theory means.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Go ahead and use the same argument everyone else does. You people have redrawn the rules? Know the last time Catholics or Christians fought and created violence for our religion? It was THE CRUSADES!!!

LOL

The Northern Irish Conflict: A Chronology

Catholic-Protestant feud flares anew in Northern Ireland

Science. Know what's killing our Earth? Science.

Yep. Cain used science to kill Abel!

LOL

edit on 30-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Christianity has caused a lot more deaths than most other religions.

Hey, get defensive and argue that point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join