It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Religion Haters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why does my religion matter to you? Why hate so much on religion? If you don't believe in something I do then why do you try to get me to think like you? You probably say well religious people try to convert people, but isn't that what you are trying to do as well? It is pretty hypocritical. So what if I believe in the Bible and happy with my faith. So what if so and so believes in the Quran. Stop hating so much on religious people. It does not make us less intelligent or anything less than you. So try and learn some acceptance. And if you say religious people should learn acceptance too. Well we should, but lead by example.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingSage

It is all because of the "social engineering" we have been manipulated into following by the elite!

How else would they achieve one religion for all of mankind?

I am not a believer and yet I can see it.

My belief is simple. Your freedom ends when you encroach upon mine!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You're right - both ends of the spectrum are pretty much entrenched zealots, but they all seem to enjoy posting the same stuff over and over again and banging their heads against each other's brick walls. I'm surprised some of them don't die of boredom, but they must be pretty happy together so as long as the more reasonable parties don't get verbally assaulted too much then it's all good.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I like the way you think. The sad thing is we were supposedly founded on the main principle of freedom of religion, but nowadays you get harassed for believing in anything or nothing at all. The one world religion thing makes sense and so many people fall for it a lot on ATS as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Yeah I'm all for a civil and healthy debate but religion trolls are annoying as hell. They have nothing better to do than harass people for their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

We dont care...its when we are having a scientific discussion and someone from your side says....laminin is a protein in the shape of a cross ...therefore god is real...considering there are estimated thousands upon thousands of proteins id imagine quite a few make a cross pattern. It is crap like that where I then can't keep my mouth shut.

I view religion as a hobby...its something that makes people happy and that is awesome but seriously some of the stuff religious people say is so stupid that I have a hard time telling if im being trolled or not.

I'll give another example....a lady I once knew claimed their her church felt the presence of god more than any other church. Not being religious I didn't care but I felt I had to defend other religions just on her stupid and arrogant statement alone. She felt churches of the same religion even did not stand up to her church....even though she had only been to a few different churches she was certain of this.

Don't worry we have stupid atheists too, and agnostics and everything else.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Why does my religion matter to you? Why hate so much on religion? If you don't believe in something I do then why do you try to get me to think like you?

Honestly I don't care if you are religious or which deity or deities you worship if that is what makes you happy then I am glad for you but when someones religious beliefs assault the sciences and infiltrate politics and policies that affect everyone then I draw the line and stand firm.

What you believe makes no difference to me but if you try to force your beliefs on me or others that is where there will be friction/pushback then your beliefs will probably be called out analyzed and scrutinized.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I can understand that. Like if I'm having a discussion about the Bible and someone just pops in and says the Bible is fake and blah blah blah it get's annoying. It's the same thing. Like I usually don't even bother with writing religious threads here because of crap like that. It just ends up getting no where because it turns into a debate whether the Bible is real or not. Instead of just talking about the Bible and how it has changed MY life.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Well have you ever gone to a religious thread and argued with religious people about their religion?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That kind of behaviour ("the Bible is fake" etc.) is off-topic, and you are entitled to ignore it and refuse to respond.
There is a sticky thread in this sub-forum ("Moving past Religion 101") written by the Mod dbates, which is directed against this very problem and telling people to stop doing it.
That's why I make a point of giving my threads narrowly-defined topics and refusing to go beyond them. It's an anti-trolling defence.

edit on 30-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Why can't believers stop preaching? I couldn't care less about religious people if they would stop meddling, preaching and hating on non-believers. If you constantly insult atheists, homosexuals or others that don't fit in with your beliefs, expect a defense. If you just go to church and stick with each other and leave us 'others' in peace you'd be amazed how little we care about religious types.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Okay so you're a nonbeliever I take it. Well how often do you visit the Religion section? Not everyone is how you described. I'd like to talk with other like minded individuals on here without being harassed and hated on by non believers. You guys are exactly the same as us

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingSage
a reply to: Grimpachi
Well have you ever gone to a religious thread and argued with religious people about their religion?

Of course I do if they assault the sciences or assault some other part of society. The latest thread was called.

Debunk this exorcism (if your asking)

Science behind the Biblical End Times (no science was given)

Evolution is a farce: Evidence (no evidence was given)

QUESTION to ALL Atheists! ( that one invited me)

The Hypocrisy surrounding Christianity and Atheism (again ask and I will come)

There are more but as you can see those threads are not exactly for the faithful. Try to remember the religious poke prod and troll atheists quite often.

I don't usually even look at threads that are just the religious talking about their faith. Like I said I don't care what they believe. I didn't even argue star wars but I did post there.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingSage
a reply to: Hecate666

Okay so you're a nonbeliever I take it. Well how often do you visit the Religion section? Not everyone is how you described. I'd like to talk with other like minded individuals on here without being harassed and hated on by non believers. You guys are exactly the same as us

I disagree. We're not the same. Your group believes in magical thinking which is akin to madness. I could say reading Harry Potter changed my life but I don't believe Hogwart's is a real place. When people claim to speak to God today we call them schizophrenics, yet according to your book, back in the day it was not only acceptable but wholey believed? I could write a book full of stories ripped off from ancient cultures and call it the divine word of God, but that doesn't make it so. I don't trust anyone who believes in such things. People like that are scary. It would be one thing if they kept to themselves, but since Jesus told them to spread their beliefs, they attempt to infiltrate everything and I'm over it.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Personally i'm fascinated by people that are able to believe in things such as gods and ghosts.

It's made even more interesting to me when people preach ancient writings filled with debased and primitive tales asthough they're moral tales that we should all listen to and take heed of.

The textual aerobics they create in an attempt to have it all make sense is however the best part for me. And they attempt to justify (among other things) rape, genocide, rape and child abuse and all with a contrived smile.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you have a belief and someone has a belief that differs it will create conflict, It's as simple as that in my opinion.

Religion of any kind is sipmply a belief and is therefore open to argument. There can be no conclusion to the debate therefore it will continue.

I do not like organised religion but would not say that I hate it. I would say that I do not understand how anybody could base there entire life on what I belive to be nonsense and hearsay but thats just me.

I see a lot of arguments in life about religion and our current world climate is riddled with problems that would not be there without religious beliefs and I base my opinions mainly on this premise.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It makes both sides more secure to reinforce their beliefs.

I don't know anything for sure...but, the subject is fascinating.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ah yes Pascal's wager......sheer wizdom.
edit on 30-11-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
We dont care...its when we are having a scientific discussion and someone from your side says....laminin is a protein in the shape of a cross ...therefore god is real...

Maybe that's your problem...

Perhaps you are you missing the point.

The Temple Cult of Scientism has become more of a blind faith than most religions.

The cult of scientific fundamentalism is just as dangerous as any other cult out there if not more so.

The irony and hypocrisy of this is so obvious that it is comical in a way.

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
yea it always inflames people when religions collide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join