It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOT R.I.P. (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Did an ats search and didn't find anything. tsk tsk

During a gig in Columbus, Ohio a gunman fired shots on stage killing "Dimebag" Darell Abbot.

A fan notably tried to save Dimebag but died in the process. The fan's name was Nathan Bray

www.nbc4i.com...

The gunman was eventually shot by a policeman present at the scene.

www.nbc4i.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- As most fans rushed for the exits after a nightclub shooting that killed five people, a few tried to help and comfort the victims, witnesses and police say.

Those included Nathan Bray, a fan who was trying to save the life of Damageplan guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott before being shot and killed himself, a witness said. A service for Bray, 23, was held Saturday in Circleville, NBC 4's Natalie Walston reported. Nearly 200 people attended the service.

"When he (Abbott) was laying on the stage, a group of people jumped up there to try and help him," said Adam Vanover, 45, of Bellefontaine.

Bray was leaning over Abbott, holding him and trying to perform CPR, Vanover said.

"When he (Bray) looked up at the shooter that's when the shooter shot him," Vanover said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Tragic day in the history of metal. I used to listen to Pantera back in my day.

Report has been verified on the Pantera website.
www.pantera.com...
(above website) click news

This also brings up a troubling issue. Gun control in the states. Why does Americans need guns? People in the states just put too much value on guns.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This also brings up a troubling issue. Gun control in the states. Why does Americans need guns? People in the states just put too much value on guns.

That's your uninformed opinion and using the tragic death of a high-profile individual at the hand of a deranged fanatic is one of the most common tactics of the craven anti-Second Amendment fruitcakes. You should be ashamed of using this tragedy to promote your meddling agenda.

join