It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 IS fighters killed in Ayn al-Arab: activists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Xinhua Source.

Some welcome news from the Middle East turmoil....

50 IS fighters have been sacrificed on the border of Turkey.

Even sweeter there will be no mythical 3600 virgins that IS love to believe...
They're soon in for a rude awakening when they face Allah...

DAMASCUS, Nov. 30 (Xinhua) -- At least 50 Islamic State (IS) militants were killed over the weekend during the strikes by the U.S.-led anti-terror coalition and clashes with Kurdish militants near the border with Turkey, a monitoring group reported Sunday.

The 50 fighters were killed during clashes on Saturday in the predominantly Kurdish city of Ayn al-Arab, also known as Kobane, in northern Syria on the borders with Turkey, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, adding that the death toll includes five IS fighters who blew themselves up.

Would be good to hear this sort of news everyday imo...
A shame it was only 50 of the wankers.

The "Islamic" State have found a formidable opponent in the Kurds...

I think everyone is wishing the Kurds well in the Jihad against IS.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The IS has captured hundreds of small villages around the city and managed to storm parts of it, after forcing over 160,000 people to flee toward neighboring Turkey.

Just wondering how thats even possible without air superiority…

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

According to reports...
Their numbers may have been taken for granted...

It recently rose from 31,000 fighters to 200,000...

Indepe ndent Source.

Still quite a fete(feat?) without air support, as you say.
edit on 30-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

According to reports...
Their numbers may have been taken for granted…

However many are needed, thats how many they will invent.

Now that the threat of ISIS is firmly planted in all our media conditioned minds it is possible they could conquer the world even…

edit on 30-11-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

How much of a threat IS poses remains to be seen and proven.

But one thing is certain - they are murdering, barbaric scumbags and as Charlie correctly points out this is indeed welcome news.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

How much of a threat IS poses remains to be seen and proven.

And the fifty bodies of ISIS? Is there proof they are "Islamic Sate" combatants?

Or just some news source says they are?

edit on 30-11-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

How is it possible for armed thugs to roll into a village full of civilians and start butchering anybody who resists?

Like they need air-support to kill unarmed old men and teenagers.

Nothing is real to you except your own opinion intrptr isn't it?

I think the term "throwing the baby out with the bath water" applies to a lot of ISIS discussions on ATS these days. People seem to be intent upon denying or ignoring the atrocities committed by ISIS in favour of validating their own worldview. Yes anybody with a shred of sense knows that the actions of this group play right into the hands of those wishing to profit from conflict and those who will utilize public concern to their advantage. Does that mean that ISIS is a fictitious entity? No it certainly does not.

edit on 30-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

How is it possible for armed thugs to roll into a village full of civilians and start butchering anybody who resists?

You tell me. "Armed thugs" in columns of vehicles don't "roll" anywhere if the US military doesn't want them to. Especially "hundreds of villages around the city".

Reme mber the road to Basra, the "Highway of Death"?

This is the US Army, Navy and Air Force with total air superiority we are talking about.

From Iraq during Desert Storm: Cluster Munitions dropping on columns of vehicles at night…

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I know you've been paying attention to this conflict to a certain degree, so why do you think that the US or anybody else had "total air superiority" over the Kobane region over two months ago when ISIS were attacking the outlying villages surrounding the town??

The coalition didn't start attacking ISIS targets in this fight until the militants were already inside the town, by then they had already killed a lot of Kurdish people who hadn't fled.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I know you've been paying attention to this conflict to a certain degree, so why do you think that the US or anybody else had "total air superiority" over the Kobane region over two months ago when ISIS were attacking the outlying villages surrounding the town??

That question has been asked oft enough… Because they didn't exist back then? The only proof I have of that is the state department in press conferences stating, "they were on the radar".

Any effort to topple Syria (notice I didn't say Assad or ISIS) needs an excuse to distract from the fact that Syria is the real objective. The proximity to the border of Turkey is one indicator this is so. The strikes on Kobani and other targets in Syria by "coalition" aircraft will be on the border with Turkey first, then move into the country just like before ISIS fighters (like the FSA) did. Turkey is NATO, arms and fighters been crossing over Turkeys borders since Syria fell under the sights of NATO. Thats how I know IS a fabrication or IS being used as a scape goat, like Al CIAda, Taliban and Free Syrian Army have all along.

Pick your favorite flavor Of Jihadist and blame them for "Humanitarian Purposes". Then let slip the dogs of war.

Don't try and convince me that the US hasn't tried all other avenues; a mandate through UN Security Council resolutions and been denied three times already. Libya-izing Syria was the goal all along. The Chemical Red Line didn't bear enough fruit either. Earlier this year Obama held back from just this undertaking when the UK announced it wouldn't support the US this time with air strikes.

Now get ready, here comes ISIS. The media campaign to generate the threat in everyones minds is the excuse the US and its allies in NATO and the region are using to go ahead and start destroying Syria. Nothing else has worked and the plan hasn't changed.

I know you know I have been watching this develop. I know you have been witness to all these measures over the last three years, too. Now tell me in all honesty why you seem to be in denial about the truth. Or are you just attempting to cover it up, too?

ETA: Answer me this: What proof do I have that the Syrian Army isn't the target all along? Kobani is a moon scape. Because of some state of Islam fighters holed up somewhere? I doubt that.

Images

edit on 30-11-2014 by intrptr because: additional and link

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Are you going to try and tell me that all of the sources of information, about this conflict, available to me online are controlled by the US?

Your post pretty much outlines your views on this situation, and proves to me that ISIS are a very convenient element for you also, they fit in nicely with your overview of the Syrian situation.

Also I would like you to be clearer about your definition of ISIS, you say "thats how I know IS a fabrication or IS being used as a scape goat" which is it? That's two very different things, if ISIS is a "fabrication" as you seem to be contending at times, then that is very different than the notion that they are real and doing very real and horrible things to people? Do you deny the slaughter of Kurdish people by ISIS?

Answer me this: What proof do I have that the Syrian Army isn't the target all along? Kobani is a moon scape. Because of some state of Islam fighters holed up somewhere?

Are you now contending that what we have been seeing happening, not only around the outlying region of Kobane, but also inside the town itself, has all been a big deception?

If the Syrian Army was targeted by the US airstrikes do you in all honesty think that somehow they could keep that a secret? For real?

Why would I want to cover up anything? What or who do you think I am?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Are you now contending that what we have been seeing happening, not only around the outlying region of Kobane, but also inside the town itself, has all been a big deception?

Up until now every violation of sovereignty of countries in the Middle East (and elsewhere) has been instigated on a false premise. What makes me think they aren't lying to us this time as well?

The bombs are landing in Syria, right? I'm sure their side of the story tells it differently.

I'm listening…

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If you can find any source that states that the US have been hitting SA targets please post it.

I don't think you'll find one.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

If you can find any source that states that the US have been hitting SA targets please post it.

I don't think you'll find one.
How do you tell the difference? Are they wearing dog tags that say FSA or ISIS?

Or just "Jihadist"?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

SA = Syrian Army.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Oh, sorry. If I had that information they would put me in a cell next to Manning.

top topics

join