It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP's strategy to block Obama’s regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
With both chambers of Congress in Republican control starting in January, the strategy might be to go after Obama's Executive Branch long list of "over bearing" regulations.

Some of that strategy could work through legislation which likely would be vetoed.

Some could be successful by limiting specific funding that Obama can't or won't veto.

Lots of jockying looking forward to the 2016 elections.

Many things will be exposed that normally would go under the rugs.

Petty Jealousy will be playing a major role.

Interesting article ...

The GOP is preparing to mount a full-scale assault on President Obama’s regulatory agenda, using the party’s strengthened hand in Congress to delay, soften or block contentious administration rules at every turn.

As long as Obama sits atop the executive branch, Republicans’ power to derail scores of rulemaking efforts now under way is limited. But control of both the House and Senate in the next Congress will enable GOP lawmakers to ratchet up their attacks on what they view as overzealous regulation.

“So long as we have this president the federal agencies can go around Congress," said Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) "But we can make it very, very difficult for them."

The GOP's strategy to block Obama’s regs

edit on Nov-30-2014 by xuenchen because: Fix

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You link seems to be going to a dead page at the moment, Xuenchen.

We wouldn't want to miss anything!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

They blocked that too.

The only thing they succeed at is making sure things don't get done.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: xuenchen

You link seems to be going to a dead page at the moment, Xuenchen.

We wouldn't want to miss anything!

Fixed now.

What regulations are over bearing to you?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

They blocked that too.

The only thing they succeed at is making sure things don't get done.

LOL, let's hope that the Red Team uses their "mandate" for something besides obstruction.

I've said several times, I'm excited about what they can accomplish now ...

You know, like demonic exorcisms on the House floor, praying the debt away, large-scale deportations, etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Fixed now.

What regulations are over bearing to you?

That's a very reasonable question, Xuenchen!

To me, the issue is not so much the nature of regulations, but of the bureaucracy itself. Streamlining the Federal Government by rationally considering the structure of the departments, agencies, et. al. in terms of generally accepted business principles would go a long way.

Aside from that, the two Parties will cut but will likely add as much or more in their favored areas of government.

Both "sides" love big government, or they wouldn't be in it. In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
they need to take every dime that would have gone towards executing obamacare and dump it into the border patrol. then take the funding that would have gone towards his golfing trips, and couple it with a bill that gives the border patrol the power to do rigourous screening for both those that are caught, and those already here applying for the new green cards (deporting all criminals). call it an immigration "reform" bill, make it 3000 pages long and ramrod it right to his desk. political suicide if he vetoes.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've read a little about this and am wondering what the regulations are. The couple articles I saw just complained about the regulations but never mentioned what they were. Now, the important thing is to incorporate regulations that are really necessary and those that aren't really so important should not be used as bargaining chips to allow the bad policies to go on. They seem to put these small ones in so it looks like they are accomplishing things then slam on these while leaving the big problems slide by.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I've read a little about this and am wondering what the regulations are. The couple articles I saw just complained about the regulations but never mentioned what they were. Now, the important thing is to incorporate regulations that are really necessary and those that aren't really so important should not be used as bargaining chips to allow the bad policies to go on. They seem to put these small ones in so it looks like they are accomplishing things then slam on these while leaving the big problems slide by.

There's thousands.

The EPA might be one target.

Clean Power Plan Proposed Rule

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Both "sides" love big government, or they wouldn't be in it. In my opinion

Poignant...

It does seem like that. It's only too big after they get in.

I think we are getting closer to the real problems in America.

Like, certain Families holding office in perpetuity.

Hiding the entire Electoral College in secret. With zero accountability.

Passing on their College vote to the family for endless generations.

Our System works when people with honor and dignity hold office.

It doesn't work when thieves hold office. These thieves are on both sides.

I see nothing but gridlock.

And, some weak investigations with a couple of feudal attempts to defund Obamacare.

edit on 30-11-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

top topics

join