It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

boxing vs mma.....lets go

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I try to respect fighters even if I don't like them personally, but I just can't with her.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I've done a fair share of MMA (not anymore) had a few cracked ribs lol!! It's really all about speed and power. Also it helps if you can take a punch. I could. Then again....to many punches can mess you up in so many ways. long story short.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This thread is so old, and it's so pointless

Can someone remind me why we're still talking about it?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Can someone remind me why we're still talking about it?

That was my doing, I was bored on ATS a few days ago and found this thread, sort of took it off topic and brought up an upcoming fight. Machida vs. Romero I think it was.......

We've been talking about the UFC here ever since.

My bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

People enjoy talking about their passions. It's not pointless.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk... s-300-million-in-36-minutes.html

Floyd Mayweather has returned fire at UFC star Ronda Rousey on ESPN's SportsCenter after her put-down of the boxing star at the ESPYS last month.
On receiving the Fighter of the Year award, beating Mayweather in the process, Rousey decided to use the red carpet to bring up his past history of domestic violence.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

His reply is basically yeah I abuse women, but I make money so it's ok.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I've finally quit procrastinating and made a move, actually it kind of fell into my lap.

I'm fighting this upcoming weekend September 5th in our local organization. It'll be my first fight, but Ive been dreaming about it for a long time.

Ten days, I've been training, gonna train harder. I'm really freaking excited.

Wish me luck, I'll let you all know how it goes.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I've finally quit procrastinating and made a move, actually it kind of fell into my lap.

I'm fighting this upcoming weekend September 5th in our local organization. It'll be my first fight, but Ive been dreaming about it for a long time.

Ten days, I've been training, gonna train harder. I'm really freaking excited.

Wish me luck, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Have someone video it and if you win upload to YT
I will be hoping you take it!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Heck ya, I'm hoping there will be plenty of video, my wife, her friend, my mom, and probably even both my corner guys. Plus the numerous other people with devices who will be there for their fighters. So there should be multiple videos available, I'll be sure to link them here.

I can't wait, I'm oddly ok with the whole thing, like no nerves, just pure happiness.

Yet I know next to nothing about my opponent and it's my first real fight, ever. I won't be surprised if its just that the nerves have not hit me yet.

That's ok, nothing is stopping me, it may just be my anticipation, but I feel an additional force guiding me through this. Hard to describe.

If anything I am nervous about disappointing a lot of people, mostly close friends and family as I might be drawing quite the crowd
which in my mind will make the promotion happy and possibly earn myself a sponsorship as I keep at it.

Lol, unfortunately some folks advise against letting too many people on about your first fight cause the extra pressure might hurt your performance.
I already screwed that up lol.
Honestly though, I'm wired differently and will feed off of all the support present, that's how it always worked in my skateboarding competitions.........

Sorry for the lengthy post. I'm really excited and talkative these days. This commitment has lit a bonfire under my butt................But ya I promise to provide video. Even if I screw up and make a complete fool of myself.

That would be devastating though, and I'll be doing everything in my power to prevent such an outcome. I'm treating this as life or death no matter my opponents skill level.

I have spent too much time focusing on what foods are weaving my body, dreaming, practicing, visualizing, just yearning to be a part of the sport. This is mine, It was gifted to me from above, The other guy will have to work reeeeal hard to take this from me.

Every opponent I face I shall not underestimate,

but until I get back in the gym and join the higher ranks, the man standing across the cage will just be in my way, and they're gonna be in for a very hard earned paycheck.

The promotion is called: PFC peninsula fighting championship.
Next step AFC
Next step UFC

Weigh ins: Friday, 9/4/2015, starting 8:00 pm @ peninsula center mall.
Fight night: Saturday 9/5/15 starting 8:00 pm @ peninsula center mall.

edit on 28-8-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Forget everyone else. There is no expectation to win. There is only the expectation you have for yourself to leave it all out there and compete to the best of your abilities.

As to not knowing your opponent ...

"Essentially the opponent is an illusion in there – it’s you vs. you." Conor McGregor

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Forget everyone else. There is no expectation to win. There is only the expectation you have for yourself to leave it all out there and compete to the best of your abilities.

As to not knowing your opponent ...

"Essentially the opponent is an illusion in there – it’s you vs. you." Conor McGregor

Heck ya, thanks for that........that's what I really I need to remember right there.

That mcgregor quote is awesome! Never knew he said that, I like it a lot.

Not just saying that either, i get it and can relate.

I am very much an introvert, and if I don't think healthy
(I imagine media, and thoughts as the nutrients that fuel your being, whether thats negative or positive is up to the Individual)
I can find myself in an anxious state that's hard to break free from and can become quite problematic.

Our minds can be so powerful, and if we make the wrong decisions or let them run away, our minds can be our worst enemy and a personal nearly Inexcapable prison.

Contrast to that, we can be magical amazing beings, in harmony wth a healthy mind,

If I step into a fight and all I can think about is the fact that people are watching me, amd that the guy across the way looks pretty dang tough.....well then I've already lost, I defeated myself mentally before the fight even started. This is true, I've done it to myself, this rule applies to so many different parts of life.

I need to rehearse conors quote, that's valuable, I will find most success if I can apply such a mindset.

Thanks for sharing razor.,,.,..I love learning new things, I couldn't agree more. This is one of, if not the most physically demanding activities, but mental attributes are equally as critical.
edit on 28-8-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

He said it when Aldo pulled out and Mendes stepped in. Going from a striker to the #1 wrestler in the division. He said it doesn't matter who is in front of him. He visualized the strikes landing on Aldo, and he sees himself doing the same things to Mendes, because it doesn't matter who he faces, every opponent is the same, the real opponent is yourself.

I will be cheering for you my friend.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He said it when Aldo pulled out and Mendes stepped in. Going from a striker to the #1 wrestler in the division. He said it doesn't matter who is in front of him. He visualized the strikes landing on Aldo, and he sees himself doing the same things to Mendes, because it doesn't matter who he faces, every opponent is the same, the real opponent is yourself.

I will be cheering for you my friend.

Thanks again, I promise to share the results.

See ya back here after the 5th!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I can't wait.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Three days till weigh ins, Occam.

Four till fight night!

I've been taking pretty good care of myself, last I checked I was already weighing 155.4, so weight cut should be an absolute breeze
as long as I stay disciplined.

Super stoked, it's surreal, this is my dream, I know its mellow, but in my heart this is a very very big deal.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Three days till weigh ins, Occam.

Four till fight night!

I've been taking pretty good care of myself, last I checked I was already weighing 155.4, so weight cut should be an absolute breeze
as long as I stay disciplined.

Super stoked, it's surreal, this is my dream, I know its mellow, but in my heart this is a very very big deal.

You can beat you have an East Coaster cheering you on from afar my friend.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

How did it go??

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

How did it go??

Weigh ins, OK, I made weight no problem, weighed in at 150.4, nobody even watched me weigh, they just took my word for it which I find a bit disturbing.

I didn't even get to see my opponent because he was still four hours away, driving from fairbanks. That irritated the heck outta me. I need to remember this advice for OccamsRazor,

a reply to: GoShredAK Forget everyone else. There is no expectation to win. There is only the expectation you have for yourself to leave it all out there and compete to the best of your abilities. As to not knowing your opponent ... "Essentially the opponent is an illusion in there – it’s you vs. you." Conor McGregor

Tonight I go to fight. About twelve hours or so.................
edit on 5-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Exactly! Let it all go, no expectations, no distractions. It's you vs. you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join