It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

off duty cop 'allegedly shoots woman in the head in fit of road rage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Why do they always use the term "allegedly" when a LEO is involved? Either he did it or he didn't, am I right? I guess LEO's are the only ones innocent until proven guilty these days. The rest of us are shot until proven innocent.

Here in the UK, 'allegedly' accompanies every report of an un-trialled crime. Before the trial, using absolutes could potentially prejudice the jury. The defence could argue the defendant hasn't been given a fair trial because the jury were told by the media he was guilty.

It seems to be the case in America too, cop or not. I guess some internet sources are freer and looser about it though.

Anyhow, it this idiot has indeed done what he allegedly has, I can no reason in the world not to charge him with attempted murder.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

The rest of us are shot until proven innocent.

Lol, she almost got the right to remain silent. The silence of the grave.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Ugh. Hopefully he ends up getting charged with attempted murder. This is uncalled for.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Ugh. Hopefully he ends up getting charged with attempted murder. This is uncalled for.

Unlikely, as explained earlier, murder, of any degree, requires some notion of premeditation. This scumbag will still get charged with a felony which carries a very serious penalty in Texas.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Why do they always use the term "allegedly" when a LEO is involved? Either he did it or he didn't, am I right? I guess LEO's are the only ones innocent until proven guilty these days. The rest of us are shot until proven innocent.

You noticed that too, eh?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

ultra rage brews inside.

Its attempted murder.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How can they allow guys like this to be in law enforcement and trust them with a gun? They need to have a better background check on a person's character, and psychological testing on their ability to manage stress and anger, before giving them a badge and a gun.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No matter what you read in the papers or hear on the news, cops ARE in fact largely above the law. There are two separate sets of rules and standards for cops and civies. Like you mention, other way round, she would be charged with attempted murder IF she survived his return-fire. I'll be surprised if this ever sees the inside of a courtroom.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Love the way they say…

An off-duty Texas cop got upset at a woman for cutting him off and allegedly fired his gun into her window,

Its okaaay, he was just shooting at her car.

Lets minimize events if a cop is involved. Even an off duty one.

Don't forget its all alleged. She's probably lying about it. Bullet wound? Couldn't those marks be self inflicted?

Not to say they don't say "alleged" in other cases in the media, its just that its so emphasized here.
edit on 30-11-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Don't forget its all alleged. She's probably lying about it. Bullet wound? Couldn't those marks be self inflicted?

I haven't seen the wound. A hi velocity graze from a bullet can't be faked. It has a unique shred appearance. Hit yourself with a high speed grinder for a moment and look at that, lol.

But you get my point.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wonder if they drug tested him after this "incident"? Sounds like a serious case of 'roid road rage.
Is there a way to check and see what charges other road rage incidents in Texas have produced?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Wonder if they drug tested him after this "incident"?

Are you kidding? Most times if a cop is caught driving drunk they arrange for it to take half a day for his blood to be tested. And a lot of areas, the police unions negotiate no steroid testing, ever.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
How can they allow guys like this to be in law enforcement and trust them with a gun?

This is who they're selecting for.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Aggravated Assault pled down to a lesser charge. Hell, who wants to take bets he won't even lose his job? Maybe just move him to a desk job? I'm smelling a roid rage defense that will yield him some shrink time with pay.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Shoot at a cop and you'll be lucky to ever make it to court.... if you do, you'll have a laundry list of charges what include attempted murder, genocide, terrorism, conspiracy against the universe etc.

Cop shoots woman in head and gets charged with ASSAULT??????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join