It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs Heard across the UK last night

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

I would be VERY shocked a 1.5 would be heard and felt. Even if shallow that is a tiny little thing. Mind you I am basing this off of NEw Zealand experiences and Californian ones

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Maddog5595

I'd be surprised if it was a sonic boom there honestly. The timing was too tight for it to be related to the other two locations, and wrong for one of the MOAs in that area to be flying.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Didn't they just have an unusual earthquake in the UK? I wonder if this is tied to the low rumblings that have been heard worldwide in recent years?

Closed the M1 and no one can explain what this was related to?

Something's coming, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Heard the noise at probably 6-7? I thought it was a shotgun at first but then I realized it was either coming from above or from below. I can't make out which I think it sounded like it was coming from the sky though. Sort of like one of those rookie bombs that scares crows but way more muffled but MORE LOUD, if that makes sense? But loud in the sense that it sounded like a massively loud noise but muffled and in the distance. There was almost like a rumbling noise with it as well.

I can't pin point an exact time but I'd say anywhere from 5-7 but more like 6-7. If i was to really try and pin point a time as an estimate I'd say 6:30 - 7. I live on the South East coast, in Rye East Sussex.

I had my headphones on but something snapped my attention and made me take them off then I heard the noise so I don't know how many times it actually went off. Maybe I heard a couple.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Heard the noise at probably 6-7? I thought it was a shotgun at first but then I realized it was either coming from above or from below. I can't make out which I think it sounded like it was coming from the sky though. Sort of like one of those rookie bombs that scares crows but way more muffled but MORE LOUD, if that makes sense? But loud in the sense that it sounded like a massively loud noise but muffled and in the distance. There was almost like a rumbling noise with it as well.

I can't pin point an exact time but I'd say anywhere from 5-7 but more like 6-7. If i was to really try and pin point a time as an estimate I'd say 6:30 - 7. I live on the South East coast, in Rye East Sussex.

I had my headphones on but something snapped my attention and made me take them off then I heard the noise so I don't know how many times it actually went off. Maybe I heard a couple.
this is almost exactly what it sounded like to me as well. It had to have lasted for 30+ minutes.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Guys watch this, about half way through the video can definitely relate to this thread! I'd watch the whole thing if I was you anyway.
EDIT TO ADD: The relevant part is at 28 minutes-ish, if you want to skip to that part.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maddog5595

originally posted by: TechUnique

this is almost exactly what it sounded like to me as well. It had to have lasted for 30+ minutes.

Maybe I caught the dead end of it! I did listen for a while afterward but didn't hear anything else so I put my headphones on and got back to work. I will definitely be keeping my ears open and my eyes to the sky this winter!

I have a feeling we are going to have a rough year next year.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't think that was sonic booms either. Not much supersonic goes into Selfridge anymore, but they would never break the sound barrier over the Thumb in the Steelhead MOA or near the base anyway. Too populated for that.

I've heard the pops coming from out in the Pike East MOA, but there's also the restricted area out over the lake too.

My bet is a large meteor. Two points, triangulate the distance, should be able to figure out an altitude pretty easily. That seems to be the only logical way for the simultaneous noises so far apart. I'll see if I can work it out tomorrow (too tired for math, and on the phone right now so no computer to cheat with).

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
A load of ageing detonators near an army base huh? I think from the language, we can assume they weren't accidently dropped there by the MoD years back.

That sounds like the uncovering of some old IRA plot to be honest.

I'm sure glad those days are behind us.

I work for the DoD as a civilian, I work on munitions systems. I've heard more than one story from the greensuiters about finding fuzes and other munitions dumped near a perimiter fence, due to the paperwork involved in turning them back in and properly disposing of them.

Anyway, staying on topic, I was reminded of skyquakes/Senica Guns: Wikipedia link

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Mysteriously, this happened at the same time in Sweden:

Police have yet to make any arrests after a justice centre in Malmö was bombed late on Sunday night. The explosion resulted in substantial damage in what was the second attack on the building this year.

Bomb blast in Sweden's Malmö

edit on ub39qamf by ubiqaf because: (no reason given)

edit on ub40qamf by ubiqaf because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I heard the same thing whilst at work, around 7pm roughly, it seemed to last a while and many customers thought it was fireworks, but the fact that near enough the entire country heard them leads me to think it was something much more mysterious. I am in south Herts.

I think its probably a coincidence regarding the catterick incident though. Slightly strange whichever way you look at it, I haven't ever heard anything like that apart from fireworks, I'd assumed that was the culprit until I saw this thread.
Keep your ears on guys and girls!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Salisbury checking in - heard them here too - actually heard a lot over last month - put it down to fireworks, thunder and poaching on nearby farmland.

I have joked a couple of times to partner that it was an invasion as it sounds like heavy weaponry but not quite and none of the shaking i would expect.

(Yes i know Salisbury plains are very close - major M.O.D. area and i grew up close to a firing range just north of Glasgow so i have a reasonable idea of what heavy guns going off are like - hell they used to shake the windows of houses for miles)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted. Someone has put up a video of the noise.

Apparently the bangs were heard all around the world
edit on 1/12/2014 by wycky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm thinking *tectonic plate movements/ground alteration* this probably may well be related to the New Madrid and Mid Atlantic Ridge and their ongoing adjustments;yet another sign that we are progressing in this saga:

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I am in the southwest of England, I heard the noises and I am 99% sure that its a scram jet! Definitely not cracking!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wycky

Exactly what i heard, but really loud.

Hopefully we will get some more audio/videos

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I didn't hear anything in my area. But I wasn't in the regions that are reporting the sound. But it is weird that NY and UK are reporting the sound happened at just about the same time for them both. You would think there would be a delay of some measure if it's a sonic boom. I can't figure out what it is from the sound recordings.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 11I11

more on facebook - www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I heard something that I just assumed was fireworks last night in County Durham. Some time after 7:30pm? Can't be sure what time exactly as I didn't think much of it.

edit: after reading through the comments this is very weird! I wonder if anything has been heard in ireland or maybe even Iceland?

edit on Mondayam011431Mon, 01 Dec 2014 06:36:24 -0600362014-12-01T06:36:24-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

edit on Mondayam011431Mon, 01 Dec 2014 06:38:02 -0600382014-12-01T06:38:02-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elijah23
Me and the Mrs seen a large flash last night from the north east direction, I stay on a farm near Glasgow in Scotland, it was very unusual. Just one big flash in the sky like a giant camera flash but with no noise. ..

then a while later we could hear a helicopter outside which happens from time to time as there is a private airfield nearby but it sounded odd and exceptionally low so we went out into the courtyard and directly above one of the barns was what looked like a chinook or similar type helicopter, it stayed for a few minutes before leaving in the same north east direction.

I've never heard noise like it, I've been at airshows and seen them on tv or news etc but never had one above me and the noise was so loud we could feel it.. it was all lit up as well so we couldn't see the windows or cockpit, very bizarre... surreal.

And possibly connected to the big flash as it was only 10, 15 minutes later that the helicopter appeared and it definitely went in the direction of the flash.

Well I am just south of yourself and heard the loud rumbling for 3 or 4 minutes before shortly afterwards seeing the same thing around the time you stated. I'm in North Ayrshire and heard a loud low flying helicopter and upon looking out the rear of our house is saw a large wide body helicopter, almost possibly a chinook but sounded very different. It was brightly lit inside and flew towards the Kilmarnock / glasgow direction with a white marker light on top, red flashing on the rear and white underneath. This was around 11.45 - midnight. No idea what it was but the bugger was loud lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join