It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs Heard across the UK last night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Maddog5595

I agree with your comment.

The noise I heard definitely was not a sonic book.

I was used to hearing Concorde daily on her flight across the Atlantic she would pass the sound barrier just as she exited the South West Coast of England and it was more of a muffled thumb sound of noise.

I agree that you would not hear loads in a row - I doubt the RAF or the USAF [ in the UK] have that many supersonic air craft in the UK anyway..

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus
I agree - I went outside to look for the fireworks ..

It was too muffled for the gun shots that are normal in this area and yes it did sound like the recording in the article.

I agree with the poster that said we should populate a map ..

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I'm in Manchester and .I don't hear anything. We need a map and to pinpoint which areas heard it.

Good idea - how do we do this ?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
a reply to: HelenConway

Many were reporting around 3- 4 pm local time here. We had hunters in the woods get spooked by it, and many people in and out of homes reporting thinking it was gun shots in the small city here. I however was in the truck heading to the store at the time so as usual missed it. Everytime we have an eq in the area I am driving. But I did have a spell of dizzy all day and a tense pressure almost like a headache all day, and even joked with the family we were gonna have one. So now my local prediction is 2 for 2 in the last few years. The last one had deer running down the main rd and street in my area in large groups during the day about 12 hrs prior. That was one sign to me that something was up..

I am north of Buffalo NY for reference.

That's interesting it is about the same time GMT that we heard it here also the birds have been a bit crazy here today and yesterday - big flocks flying overhead - which is not usual
edit on 30-11-2014 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Is there a way we can do it with Google maps or anything?

It's so easy to collaborate on documents in work. Hahaha.

How about we post with out location and time in GMT we heard it, along with a brief description of the sound. I'm then happy to plot these on a map later tonight and post it for all to see. How's that.

I've also emailed a well known unexplained show to ask if the presenter heard anything either as he's rather good.

I'll go first then - warrington, UK 10-10.30pm ish.

Please do post this guys. Will be helpful.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm just chimimg in to say we heard loud bangs/noises as well last night, but they weren't at the same time as yours Helen. I heard them roughly between 9.30pm and 9.45pm. I had just put my little one to bed (she'd begged for a late night as it was weekend), and I was lying with her when I heard 'it'.

Thinking it was also very noisy fireworks, I went to the window and pulled back my curtains to have a look, but saw nothing, apart from my neighbour in the house opposite doing the same thing.

I'm in Cannock, Staffordshire. (West Midlands)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The above should say 'with our location' - can't edit posts on my iPhone.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Thanks - I will add your info the map I create tonight. I want to leave as much time as possible for as many people as possible to post.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ok thank you about 1900hrs - 2000hrs not sure - South Devon

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

That's interesting - just between the three of us posting now we can make out a northern progression of sound. Let's see what other details we get.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You know, although I said it sounded like fireworks, it really didn't when I first heard it, but that was my gut reaction to what such loud noises would be logically. When it started, I thought 'What the heck is that?' It was a much more basey, cluster of booms, only seconds apart from each other, but only lasted for 10-15 seconds at the most.

I thought nothing of it last night, as I had dismissed it as fireworks, but now I've seen this thread, I was obviously right in thinking it wasn't fireworks at first. If that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I didnt hear or see anything but i was also out for a meal from 7 onwards i am in NW lancashire asif we have a fault line here!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
heres the link to my local paper thats got the times on.

www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelenConway
Ok thank you about 1900hrs - 2000hrs not sure - South Devon

The flash I seen was around 1130, 1145 pm then the helicopter was ten to fifteen minutes later and both the flash was in the north east then the helicopter went north east, so central belt of Scotland around 1130/45 pm from the north east.
edit on ESunday4130am1123 by Elijah23 because: minor spelling correction, get off my back I'm tired...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I have collated some times.

Get Surrey: newspaper - 10.30 pm [ GMT] Surrey

Epsom Surrey: 2200hrs [ GMT]

Luton 2220hrs [ Daily mail comments ] [ GMT]

2245 hrs [ Fareham, Hants [ [ Twitter ] [ GMT]

2000 - 2130hrs London and Kent [ GMT ] Meditoker - ATS]

Grimsby 2100 - 2200hrs - Grimsby paper link [ GMT ]

Michigan, 1700hrs [EST] Maddog [ ATS]

NY State ??? 3 - 4 pm EST [ Jaynkeel ATS]

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Also i should add before you mentioned the lights the first thing i thought was secret fracking

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelenConway

I have collated some times.

Get Surrey: newspaper - 10.30 pm [ GMT] Surrey

Epsom Surrey: 2200hrs [ GMT]

Luton 2220hrs [ Daily mail comments ] [ GMT]

2245 hrs [ Fareham, Hants [ [ Twitter ] [ GMT]

2000 - 2130hrs London and Kent [ GMT ] Meditoker - ATS]

Grimsby 2100 - 2200hrs - Grimsby paper link [ GMT ]

Michigan, 1700hrs [EST] Maddog [ ATS]

NY State ??? 3 - 4 pm EST [ Jaynkeel ATS]

Wow good work...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
this might seem a bit mad but could they of been testing something over the uk ? near grimsby we have a raf test range "donna nook" do the bangs seem to go south to north or north to south ?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i know for a fact my friend kn london heard the bangs and my family in glasgow also heard them. also there was unexplained bangs here in salford last week. connected?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Heard a succession of loud firework type bangs here in Chelmsford, Essex at about 1700 hours tonight.
Unlike typical fireworks as sound came from either side of the sky...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join