It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs Heard across the UK last night

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: muckleduck

originally posted by: TheCrowMan

originally posted by: Xeven
Putin is sending his fastest aircraft over Europe. You are hearing sonic booms from Russian Aircraft or from EU aircraft intercepts. What you should know is Putin is putting aircraft that if were armed with nukes would have flattened your area if surprise attack.

Yeah but we have a number of subs armed to the teeth with instant sunshine, mutual destruction would prevent anyone from pushing the button, even if Putin were crazy, it would need a chain of crazies to flatten our area.

He has no beef with the UK.

if he were to nuke here it would affect russia just as much with fallout, i cant see the uk bieng the first target in that scenario anyways.

russia has been an ally to the uk since ww2, they were the only nation that put full commitment into the war effort as we did, we have great bonds with russia that seems to have been forgotten.shame really

Putin aint got nothing else. His goal is to use fear. He will lose. Again...

putin is no enemy of the uk, i can assure u of that, he recently just stood up for cotland regarding the farce that was our independance vote, crimea was more legit than what we got.

so i wont buy into the western propoganda.

after watching videos of the ukraine guard and army shooting civilians, i can see why he moved troops in to protect his assets in crimea, including the population.

he is a real leader, he says what he thinks and means what he says, our western governments are the opposite.

russian gov builds nuclear bunkers for civilian population, does america care for its citizens like this? no.

america said saddam had wmd, sure maybe right after u supplied them to him, but not when we illegaly invaded.

so this is why until putin does a wrong to me he is very much in my good books. my own government causes me more pain than putin.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Did anyone mention 30 nov is St Andrews day??

Another public holiday where fireworks are ignited?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
North London here.

In the last 3 weeks ( cant remember for the life of me the date ) I heard loud bangs lasting 30 mins or longer.

I had a look at the slither of sky I can see from where I live but could not make anything out.

At first I did put it down to fireworks but found it odd they lasted so long. Also it did sound like fireworks but didn't if that makes sense and I noticed after a while it sounded like the noise got closer to where I was then it just stopped after a while.

I am sure I heard the same thing a few months ago as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
just a short video to add about the " spy plane theory" , look at the contrail over the sea..never seen a missile or plane leave a trail like that behind b4
www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
When I first saw this thread, I had a brief look at the first few posts, saw a couple of trigger happy debunkers, and since I hadn't heard any of the noises myself, didn't fancy sticking around for the mud-slinging which usually follows reports of subjective experience (having been wildly frustrated by trying to report my own experiences on ATS in the past). However, I logged in tonight for the first time in a few days, saw the now-high number of flags/comments, and figured I'd take another look.

I'm glad I did.

Though I'm still only a few pages in, I'm finding my conspiracy radar is being pinged like crazy.

A few years ago, my wife and I spent a baffled half-hour (possibly up to an hour) with the TV on mute and the bedroom windows open, listening to a succession of noises which correlate perfectly with what many people in this thread have described. Long, low booms, strangely stereoscopic in directionality, along with muffled explosions of shorter duration, and even the staccato rattle of heavy machine gun fire. It sounded as though God had dropped a blanket on a war zone to 'keep the noise down'..!

We estimated the 'activities' to be five miles away, in terms of what we might expect intensive battle to sound like from that distance, although as mentioned, it seemed to be coming from many directions at once, and still seemed to be strangely muffled in some way.

I recall that people in our immediate neighbourhood had also heard it, but that people within a few miles of us hadn't heard a thing. Having given it some thought, I have a theory:

Very specific locations around the country (with some international participation to muddy the waters) are being subjected to the application of a new technology, which utilises classified methods of atmospheric manipulation to create the illusion that a certain geographical location is surrounded by instense, devastating and imminently threatening warfare. The responses of local press and forum users enable the scientists and strategists to determine how precise they were in their 'targeting', and by only affecting certain areas but not others within a general region, the whole thing is written off casually as 'fireworks' 'delusion' or simply a curious localised weather anomaly. This self-sustainable method of deniability is enhanced by changing the exact sounds on 'playback' to particular towns. Live in a particular swathe of greenbelt land in Kent? You got the low, prolonged booming sounds. Warrington? You got the 'broken sky' tearing sounds. Resident of Scarborough? You got the icing on the cake - full Communist invasion and protracted warfare surrounding your lovely little town.

The responses in this thread are likely a treasure trove of iterative feedback for the architects of this sublimely clever psychological warfare testing.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to imagine some of the potential applications for this 'Dolby in the Sky' technology. Want to convince a despot that he's surrounded and needs to get out of Dodge? Track 10 on the Commander-in-Chief's Ipod.

Probably going to prove exceptionally useful in flushing future Bin Ladens out of their caves.

Looks like I already said too much - I just got a whopping screech of tinnitus as I wrote the last few sentences. Still, the beauty of it is, that even if it becomes a known technique, once you've cut off the enemy's communications, they've got no way of knowing what's actually on their doorstep - especially if you lob in a few close-range missiles. Perfect force-multiplier. Wish I'd thought of it, the MOD will pay a fortune for the fine-tuned finished package.

Maybe this is why Cameron was so set on cutting back on enlisted personnel - this box of tricks reduces the need for potentially large numbers of troops going into actual battle.

I still think that the UK needs to maintain a sizeable standing army...

Merry Christmas ATS.. Looks like we got an early stocking filler from HM Armed Forces:

"Now That's What I Call Warfare; Volume 4".

edit on 21-12-2014 by FlyInTheOintment because: Fixing bb code.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muckleduck

And you think they're going to take their highly classified recon platform, and fly it where it's going to leave an incredibly obvious contrail in broad daylight?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And you think they're going to take their highly classified recon platform, and fly it where it's going to leave an incredibly obvious contrail in broad daylight?

they did it with the b2 so sure, why not?

id hardly class the middle of the ocean an obvious place to be
edit on 21-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The only time the B-2 was classified was during development. It was declassified shortly before testing began.

The supposed Aurora is supposed to be capable of flying at extremely high altitudes. Contrails only form in a very narrow window. A few thousand feet up and nothing.

As for the middle of the ocean, it doesn't matter. There are still people with cameras out there, and ships with radar.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The only time the B-2 was classified was during development. It was declassified shortly before testing began.

The supposed Aurora is supposed to be capable of flying at extremely high altitudes. Contrails only form in a very narrow window. A few thousand feet up and nothing.

As for the middle of the ocean, it doesn't matter. There are still people with cameras out there, and ships with radar.

im not saying it is definitely the jet lol i only posted it to add to the "spy plane" theory the engine it would use if it is real would explain the noises though.

ive never seen any missile leave a contrail that large tho, dont know of any fighter jets that could do that either, it does seem very close to sea level though, that could be to beat radar? who knows, im not pretending to have the answer just throwing out a theory.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The "Contrail" in the video is a Roll cloud. Rare, but that's what they look like. 2 Fronts that come together usually formed by outflows of cold air from sea breezes or cold fronts causing a horizontal vortex.

Contrails are formed at high altitude, usually over 25000 ft.

Roll Clouds:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The "Contrail" in the video is a Roll cloud. Rare, but that's what they look like. 2 Fronts that come together usually formed by outflows of cold air from sea breezes or cold fronts causing a horizontal vortex.

Contrails are formed at high altitude, usually over 25000 ft.

Roll Clouds:

there we go simple explanation, cheers

something i had never seen and never imagine a cloud would do that. thanks clears that up for me

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It's not a public holiday and nor is It celebrated.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Depends which side of the border you are on, and I know Scots this side who celebrate it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Have you looked into Infrasound technology and its potential uses?

If you are creating a Videodome in the sky showing the sights and sounds of fear...you could also include a free "4D experience" of paralysing terror for any hard corers not already in tears/reaching for their bibles.

Would have been very hard to ignore the sounds but wouldnt say it was terrifying.

If someone wanted to scare you from above it seems there are some pretty legit ways of doing it...perhaps this was just another trickle down demo.
edit on 22-12-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

It's not a public Holiday here in Scotland. I've never known anyone to celebrate St Andrews day. Most people in Scotland probably wouldn't know the date of St Andrews day.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yes it is a bank holiday.....I only know that because my brother is called Andrew, and with our Scottish ancestry he makes a big thing of it, lol.

EDIT: Here, even went and found out....
en.wikipedia.org...

30 November St. Andrew's Day / St. Gammon's Day
edit on 22/12/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

Yes it is a bank holiday.....I only know that because my brother is called Andrew, and with our Scottish ancestry he makes a big thing of it, lol.

en.wikipedia.org...

Seriously never had a holiday on the 30th of November and i dont know anyone who has. must be a Holiday where you have to give up another Holiday, say May Monday, or Christmas day or something like that. The Banks Certainly dont shut.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

What have you just canvassed everyone you know about St Andrews day?

Thought not.

In any case your circle of friends doesn't matter if only one Andrew in Scotland set off a heap of fire crackers.

I'm not saying the noise is fireworks, as I said previously I would imagine you can tell the sound of land launched fireworks from a meteorological event or a high altitude sound, you can sense it. Still don't know what the noise on St Andrews day was though.

All hail St Andrew, patron saint of Golf.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: woogleuk

en.wikipedia.org...

Seriously never had a holiday on the 30th of November and i dont know anyone who has. must be a Holiday where you have to give up another Holiday, say May Monday, or Christmas day or something like that. The Banks Certainly dont shut.

How do you know the Banks don't shut? Are you a Banker

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Here you go..The booms etc are related to plate friction/alteration:

poleshift.ning.com...

poleshift.ning.com...

www.zetatalk.com...

www.zetatalk.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join