It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"American is now a curse word"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: Dabrazzo

I'm confused...as an American, should I be upset by all of our warmongering and aggression?

Yes, surprised you didn't know that.

is there a contest in this world to see who can be the most passive?

Could you imagine such a thing? But no, we have beauty pageants and dick measuring competitions. Pretty awesome huh?

whatever happened to being badassed, is that popular anymore?

Turn off your TV, the shows aren't real.

I think the Russians are just pissed because they got jacked up in Afghanistan and when our time came...we subdued it and left fully intact. Afghanistan used to be the place where Empires die...after the USA came its a Poppy farm.

the world is embarrassed because they tried to take out the American and the American took a huge dump on all of them.

Thank you for validating the OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

First he left due to a coup that saw his vehicle get shot at THEN he was impeached without being there to defend himself.

Wrong they were having the impeachement proceeding happening when he decided to run for Russia. Also you should know that he was being impeached because of his corruption that has been brought to light with the mountains of records that the ex presidents own people tried to destroy. Here have a look at what was found.

yanukovychleaks.org...

Also he left the country when he could have stayed to fight the charges yet he didn't why, because he knew it would show he was corrupt and had been taking money for him and his cronies.

The law was removed from Ukraine and then the new government took over. In the mean time, Russia got what what it wanted while America postured in front of media and then the people of Crimea got what they wanted.

What law was removed?

Was it the law that gave Yanukovych more power as the president, because that is what he did?

As for Crimea...Putin's own government provided the truth as to that vote being a fraud. Also you should know that vote only gave two choices and neither of them gave Crimeans the chance to stay as part of Ukraine, so they had no choice as to which way to vote, because both choices made it clear they were going to part of Russia. So what choice did they have?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So Russia gets a free pass for the problems they caused in the past

Of course not, Russia has done and continues to do very very terrible things in Chechnya, very terrible things.

Thing is though mate in every thread I see you post you seem to have this constant theme going where anytime anyone criticizes American military aggression you immediately chip in with "AHA BUT LOOK AT BADDY RUSSIA". Its not really the point how bad Russia or any other nation is, its how truly bad America has been in modern times.

I detest my countries actions in the Middle East, Tony Blair led us into an illegal and brutal conflict we had no business being in. Great Britain as an empire had a long history of enslaving and subjugating nations who could simply not defend themselves but I do not rationalise it with OHHH BUT LOOK WHAT NAPOLEON WAS DOING OMG!!!!. I accept the reality of what has been done and I can only recommend you do the same.
edit on 30-11-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So is "Tequila" if you drink to much

Opinions are like............ya know.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: MALBOSIA

First he left due to a coup that saw his vehicle get shot at THEN he was impeached without being there to defend himself.

Wrong they were having the impeachement proceeding happening when he decided to run for Russia. Also you should know that he was being impeached because of his corruption that has been brought to light with the mountains of records that the ex presidents own people tried to destroy. Here have a look at what was found.

yanukovychleaks.org...

Also he left the country when he could have stayed to fight the charges yet he didn't why, because he knew it would show he was corrupt and had been taking money for him and his cronies.

The law was removed from Ukraine and then the new government took over. In the mean time, Russia got what what it wanted while America postured in front of media and then the people of Crimea got what they wanted.

What law was removed?

Was it the law that gave Yanukovych more power as the president, because that is what he did?

As for Crimea...Putin's own government provided the truth as to that vote being a fraud. Also you should know that vote only gave two choices and neither of them gave Crimeans the chance to stay as part of Ukraine, so they had no choice as to which way to vote, because both choices made it clear they were going to part of Russia. So what choice did they have?

Filing impeachment and impeachment are different.

The law was removed when police were backing a coup. If they were still concerned about continuity of government then they must have had a back room deal with the government in waiting or else what they were doing was very big risk.
edit on 30-11-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
what did anyone expect after 60 years of communist liberal professors at Yale, Princeton and Berkley, just to name a few, spewing their anti-American, anti-capitalism, America is a taking over the world agenda.

All those Middle-east rich boys who went to school at American Universities, who are now among the terrorist we are fighting there, were brained washed by the lies of these so called educators.

When our teachers teach lies about their own nation long enough soon everyone will believe the lie. What is taught in the classroom this generation will be reflected in the politics of the next.

If you want to stop the liberal agenda you have to get the liberals who are teaching out of our universities.

edit on 30-11-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So is "Tequila" if you drink to much

Opinions are like............ya know.

Well, see, I'm an asshole.

I guess I'll take one for the team.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The United States is a nation that can't get anything together, can't get anything on, not education, not healthcare, nothing. It's basically sinking into a cesspool of its own making

Adult children are in charge.

This gave me my first laugh of the day…thanks, intrptr….
tetra

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

This man is an engineer and if he is so anti-American move back home comrade. Just because he is former Russian and now a US citizen this gives him more or less insight into world politics......Ya right.

I have a good figure for the comrade......Revolutions happen when the cost of food reaches a certain percentage of disposable income that figure is 40%.

Russia = 30%

US = 10%

This is a fact not a personal truth.

I didn't see anything Anti American just someone stating fact. America Threatens and bully's and if it does not get its way bombs you and Russia just skips the threats and just acts.
Cant deny that.

And you Education,Health and other services are crumbling in the USA. You just need to look at ATS and see reading comprehension is lacking.

I did not see him claim the Russia way a better way or more moral way?

As for the go back home comment?

You may notice a thing called the USA 1st Amendment of that constitution of yours (That thing that for the moment makes the USA a better place to live than Russia) that basically says he can say what the hell he likes

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think the Russians are just pissed because they got jacked up in Afghanistan and when our time came...we subdued it and left fully intact. Afghanistan used to be the place where Empires die...after the USA came its a Poppy farm.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry its you have barely left yet! The country could still and likely will collapse just like Iraq!

the world is embarrassed because they tried to take out the American and the American took a huge dump on all of them.

Except Vietnam that took a huge dump on the USA

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ya sure whatever you think, turn a blind eye to Russia supporting Assad and taking over Crimea and taking sides in Ukraine with military.

Those actions were responses to what the West, i.e., US/EU/NATO did first. Did you turn a blind eye when the Americans gave Stingers to the Mujahideen in Afghanistan to shoot down Russian planes and helicopters?

Those centrifuges spinning away in Iran have no connections to Russia either in you make believe world too I would imagine.

"Those" centrifuges aren't making bomb grade uranium. That doesn't stop the US government and its allies from making false accusations, though.

Every time the US wants another inspection the IAEA comes up empty. Hint: The vilification of Iran is not about their imaginary Nuclear Weapons program.

The world of make believe isn't in Iran. Its part of the very real western program to dominate the entire region.
edit on 30-11-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Innocent? From my point of view its Americans that are defending themselves. American hasn't committed a single crime against anyone. I dare you to prove otherwise.

No Gun Ri Massacre

My Lai Massacre

Iran–Contra affair

Bagram torture

Abu Ghraib torture

Haditha killings

Kandahar massacre

Well those a some crimes for starters.

Disclaimer this is certainly not to say Russia is better or Im defending Russia or I am a 'putin lover' Im just pointing out the BS fantasy world the person Im reply to is living in. Id make a Russian list of war crimes but the WW2 list would take me all night alone

edit on 30-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So curse me. Please! All day.

The Russians must be laughing so hard their sides hurt. No military presence to speak of left in Europe by the U.S.. NATO is leaderless non-factor due to the political hand wringing from a U.S. President who could care less what happens to Europe.

The Russians increase the rhetoric against the U.S. proportional to their overt moves to recover lost territory and people buy into that rhetoric.

Amazing. I'd be laughing as hard as the Russians except this could get out of hand real fast.....

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ya sure whatever you think, turn a blind eye to Russia supporting Assad and taking over Crimea and taking sides in Ukraine with military.

Is that any different than America supporting terrorist I mean rebels to overthrow Assad? Also Russia didn't take over Crimea they voted to rejoin Russia. And seeing how the Ukraine is being run by people the Nazis would have been ashamed to be associated with it's a small wonder why they voted that way.

Those centrifuges spinning away in Iran have no connections to Russia either in you make believe world too I would imagine.

You have no idea who got Iran started with nuclear energy do you. America was one of the nations that helped Iran start their nuclear energy projects. Also there is no evidence that shows Iran's nuclear program is anything but peaceful.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Thing is though mate in every thread I see you post you seem to have this constant theme going where anytime anyone criticizes American military aggression you immediately chip in with "AHA BUT LOOK AT BADDY RUSSIA".

Really, because I have also said that I don't condone everything the US gov't does or has done, but when it comes to what Russia has been doing in Ukraine as of late then yes I will say that.

And I guess you also see most of what I post in a thread is going against those who say the US is responsible for the troubles in the world so if that bothers you sorry, but I am an American and proud to be one.

Its not really the point how bad Russia or any other nation is, its how truly bad America has been in modern times.

You see that's the problem, why is it that it is okay for people to bash the US and then get upset when Russia is discussed?

I accept the reality of what has been done and I can only recommend you do the same.

And where exactly did I say I don't accept the realities of what has been done, because what I don't accept is seeing someone say the US did this in the past so It's okay for another country to do something even more.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Innocent? From my point of view its Americans that are defending themselves. American hasn't committed a single crime against anyone. I dare you to prove otherwise.

I won't be getting any help however and this will continue indefinitely until you all come to terms with reality.

you won't like what you discover, i'd bet.

I didn't. Neither did the US government, I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Time for your reality check we are still in Afghanistan. And the only thing we have done so far there was to make heroin cheap for the junkies here in the states.

When did the world try to take out America? Is a terrorist group lead by a man with close ties to the President so close that the Presidents called that mans brother uncle is equal to the world?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Also Russia didn't take over Crimea they voted to rejoin Russia.

So then all of this was a farce...

So how do you think they were able to have that vote...Russia sent troops to Crimea to take it over and annex it for themselves.

Or do you think Ukraine just volunteered to give them the right to have that vote, you know the one to leave Ukraine?

And seeing how the Ukraine is being run by people the Nazis would have been ashamed to be associated with it's a small wonder why they voted that way.

Care to point out who these Nazi's are since you seem so sure of that fact?

America was one of the nations that helped Iran start their nuclear energy projects.

Yes in the 50's when Iran was not so "Death to America" as their national slogan.

Also there is no evidence that shows Iran's nuclear program is anything but peaceful.

And they really need nuclear power, especially when they sit on the third largest oil deposit in the world. But then maybe Iran is wanting to become more environmentally friendly.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I didn't. Neither did the US government, I'm sure.

I did a lot of ISR work during both wars and it is extremely hard to engage with an enemy that is a fighter only 10% of the time and a civilian 90% of the time. I have seen snipers shoot Americans then go plow their field all while under ISR. I seen men on bikes empty AKs, drive 1/2 mile do it again over and over, pull up to a house and a guy walks out with a phone to his ear handing the shooters fresh magazines and then goes back to his chores.

In all these cases and many others the persons got away because they disengaged. What your video was about was early in the Iraq war where anyone could have been a bad guy or not depending on the time of day. With that said, a few of these attacks were wrongly done due to improper or incorrect identification and innocent people died. Things though are different when it is real time and the helo crew is trying to interpret these videos while flying, and to guess wrongly could mean they die. It looks really bad in comparison to us analyzing each frame for as long as we like to find errors, a luxury the helo crew did not have.

edit on 30-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The United States is a nation that can't get anything together, can't get anything on, not education, not healthcare, nothing. It's basically sinking into a cesspool of its own making

Adult children are in charge.

Actually the reason we cannot change anything is because the country itself is split about 50/50 on the issues among voters. This is how the US was designed. When non voters feel enough pressure to get out and vote we can then elect enough of one side or the other to allow changes to occur.

When we get tired of allowing corporations and lazy people sitting at home living on investment income paying less taxes than a worker...we will vote. Till then we will keep seeing middle class melt into the poor class.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join