It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"American is now a curse word"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Belingcat

So in your mind probably means for sure?

Choose random, anonymous (and probably fake) images from social media to suit whatever point you want to make - no need for any verification whatsoever.

How about you bring something that shows for sure and not just probably?

It's also funny that wikispooks is good when it backs your claims, yet when it goes against your mindset it isn't...again how does that work?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
its probably got something to do with the civilian casualites in every country america has "liberated" from dictators that they put in place in the first place...funny that

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
News flash for the youngers, "Ugly American" has been a curse word since at least the late 1800's. Possibly even the 1840's. It began the very day the US of A started to project it's military and economic power on the global stage exactly as it had been taught by it's colonial masters in the previous century.
It joined the long litany of previous curse words such as "Brits", "French", "Bloody Spaniards", "Diabolical Chinese", "Red Vikings", "Brutal Moors", "Greedy Romans", etc etc etc... How far back do you want to go? What Geo-political region are you from? I guarantee that at some point it was an aggressor cursed by all others.

When I was in the mil in the early 80's, I remember sitting in a road side cafe in Rome watching a group of young people protesting the "Damn Yankees" in a park that had just reopened after being completely renovated by US enlisted volunteers from the NATO bases in the local area. The day before everyone had been falling all over each other to praise those very same "Damn Yankees" for their loving kindness.

America is a dirty word until they want that aid money or disaster relief.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

News flash for the youngers, "Ugly American" has been a curse word since at least the late 1800's. Possibly even the 1840's. It began the very day the US of A started to project it's military and economic power on the global stage exactly as it had been taught by it's colonial masters in the previous century.
It joined the long litany of previous curse words such as "Brits", "French", "Bloody Spaniards", "Diabolical Chinese", "Red Vikings", "Brutal Moors", "Greedy Romans", etc etc etc... How far back do you want to go? What Geo-political region are you from? I guarantee that at some point it was an aggressor cursed by all others.

When I was in the mil in the early 80's, I remember sitting in a road side cafe in Rome watching a group of young people protesting the "Damn Yankees" in a park that had just reopened after being completely renovated by US enlisted volunteers from the NATO bases in the local area. The day before everyone had been falling all over each other to praise those very same "Damn Yankees" for their loving kindness.

lol africa wont even let relief workers help them after americas involvment in africa over the past 50 or so years, i didnt hear iraq or afghan cry for americas help either, the only form of aid most countries recieve from america is in the form of ballistics

america has been around about 300 years and spent 90% of that time at war with other countries, infact without america i dare say we would see less need for sending aid abroad, america doesnt even have to be on he ground, no no no just employ the guys we fought for the past 10 years to go to syria and fight for us there.

id rather live in libya than america anyday, and im british, gadaffi actually did help his people, look at libya b4 the coup, same with iraq, at least under saddam there was some sort of structure, now people cant even sit in their own home without fear of a drone flying above.

america lost its right to the moral high ground a long time ago.

america makes the nazis look like choir boys at times.
edit on 20-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muckleduck

lol africa wont even let relief workers help them after americas involvment in africa over the past 50 or so years, i didnt hear iraq or afghan cry for americas help either, the only form of aid most countries recieve from america is in the form of ballistics

america has been around about 300 years and spent 90% of that time at war with other countries, infact without america i dare say we would see less need for sending aid abroad, america doesnt even have to be on he ground, no no no just employ the guys we fought for the past 10 years to go to syria and fight for us there.

id rather live in libya than america anyday, and im british, gadaffi actually did help his people, look at libya b4 the coup, same with iraq, at least under saddam there was some sort of structure, now people cant even sit in their own home without fear of a drone flying above.

The last sentence is moronic and I assume that the UK has given up on the Queen's English?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The last sentence is moronic and I assume that the UK has given up on the Queen's English?

is the last sentence really moronic though? usa has been around for about 300 years and spent about 280 at war, the similiarities are actually astounding between the nazis and the american empire, only america has been more succesful

its estimated that america has killed 20-30million people chasing this so called dream of liberty.. lol

most civilians.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

is the last sentence really moronic though? usa has been around for about 300 years and spent about 280 at war, the similiarities are actually astounding between the nazis and the american empire, only america has been more succesful

its estimated that america has killed 20-30million people chasing this so called dream of liberty.. lol

most civilians.
really moronic to compare the US to the Nazis. The two are not even on the same scale. Obviously you have never lived here. The very fact that this website, one full of criticisms of the US, is allowed to exist is roof that your premise is patently false.

Please give a credible source for this 20-30 million number.
edit on 20-12-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

most civilians.
really moronic to compare the US to the Nazis. The two are not even on the same scale. Obviously you have never lived here. The very fact that this website, one full of criticisms of the US, is allowed to exist is roof that your premise is patently false.

not really when america has spent 90% of its entire times as a nation at war, can u seriously not see what the similarites between america and the nazis?

oh and maybe ur history books leave out the little fact that the federal reserve was funding the nazis for a large portion of the war, the only terrorist state i can see is america, your police are worse than the gestapo.

you cry about terrorism but have no qualms about funding them if it.

this site probably wouldnt need to exist if america wasnt around the majority of threads are about how false america is , the only people that believe america is a free country are americans.

america is that guy with all the tools and no idea, the uss donald cook is proof of that, america not keen to go to war with an actual military? only comfortable killing unarmed woman children and farmers.

iraq detainees even say that saddams prisons were alot better than the # america puts them through.

americans support wars against countries they cant even pronounce, how can i take that seriously?

infact youre probably right, the nazis werent nearly as bad as modern day america, the war on terror wouldnt even exist today with america out of the picture, without your government facilitating these individuals there would be no problem, im glad america thought they could take ukraine without the world becoming aware.

no serving soldiers i know that were in iraq and afghan with the "superior" american military ever want to serve alongside america again, guess bieng shot at by americans gets a bit much when were supposed to be on the same side.

if this "cold" war with russia does go hot u can be sure america loses all its european buddies, russia and britain won world war 2, would of been over alot sooner if america hadnt kept funding the reich, but hey ho facts dont mean anything when discussing history with americans, afterall your books say completely different to the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

most civilians.

google is your friend , im not here to teach you

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

most civilians.

. That's not how logical debate works. How it works is you make a claim and provide sources we can discuss. You made the claim, you provide the sources. Otherwise what you said is the last bastion of someone caught pullin something out of their a$$ and the "I'm not here to teach you" crap is evidence you were indeed spewing without proof. You claimed it, you prove it.

I appears that not only has the UK school system failed to teach you how to write English correctly, but also failed to teach you logic and discussion. .

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Russia has to justify its aggression somehow so they blame the other side. They calculate if any bold move will draw an unwanted reaction, then make the move or not. No different from the Cold War era. Nothing new. Prodding defenses, their own diplomatic moves like supporting dictators or illegal unrecognized governments, arms trading, they always have done these things and are no saints compared to anybody else.

But the US does the same, they set up "friends" with weapons, get them to do their dirty work and then turn on them in a rather wet and messy way. So what's your point when one group is really no better than the other in their tactics? Are you simply acting as a cheerleader for the US without examining the US government's actions over the past 50 years?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Russia has to justify its aggression somehow so they blame the other side. They calculate if any bold move will draw an unwanted reaction, then make the move or not. No different from the Cold War era. Nothing new. Prodding defenses, their own diplomatic moves like supporting dictators or illegal unrecognized governments, arms trading, they always have done these things and are no saints compared to anybody else.

But the US does the same, they set up "friends" with weapons, get them to do their dirty work and then turn on them in a rather wet and messy way. So what's your point when one group is really no better than the other in their tactics? Are you simply acting as a cheerleader for the US without examining the US government's actions over the past 50 years?

But Russia doesn't threaten American nation that they must remove their president or they are going to suffer.
Russian press doesn't mulling scenarios how to overthrow democratically elected government in some Western country.

But American free press and their European vassals have the audacity to incur ultimatums to the Russian nation about their choice of the leader. This is not only in violation of the establishing UN charters it is bordering on stupidity and complete moral fiasco of Western elites.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

There are precedents in the American history when they stripped citizenship and deported unwanted political opponents back to Russia.

One such case is Emma Goldman, born in Russian Empire 1869, naturalized American citizen 1885, deported back 1919.

en.wikipedia.org...
At her deportation hearing on October 27, she refused to answer questions about her beliefs on the grounds that her American citizenship invalidated any attempt to deport her under the Anarchist Exclusion Act, which could be enforced only against non-citizens of the U.S. She presented a written statement instead: "Today so-called aliens are deported. Tomorrow native Americans will be banished. Already some patrioteers are suggesting that native American sons to whom democracy is a sacred ideal should be exiled."[108] Louis Post at the Department of Labor, which had ultimate authority over deportation decisions, determined that the revocation of her husband's American citizenship in 1908 had revoked hers as well. After initially promising a court fight,[109] she decided not to appeal his ruling

(post by muckleduck removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

most civilians.

. That's not how logical debate works. How it works is you make a claim and provide sources we can discuss. You made the claim, you provide the sources. Otherwise what you said is the last bastion of someone caught pullin something out of their a$$ and the "I'm not here to teach you" crap is evidence you were indeed spewing without proof. You claimed it, you prove it.

I appears that not only has the UK school system failed to teach you how to write English correctly, but also failed to teach you logic and discussion. .

i just gave u a source u retard, try google its a well known fact that america is a sub par country, why should i argue with someone who is only taught how america is number 1?

yea considering the british education system is much better than americas u should keep quiet, get mad because im typing out fast replies? not my problem if u cry at spellin mistakes then u need to evaluate ur piss poor life mate.

its a widely accepted fact that the american military are sub par.

get over urself

why dont u prove to me that america hasnt killed 20-30 million? prove that osama bin laden was behind 9/11? go for it id love to see the proof behind 9.11 pointin to osama, ur source will b fox news and because "they said so derp derp" not wasting my time

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

(post by muckleduck removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

do u think i care that much about grammar on an internet forum? this isnt a university exam, u clown, judgin by your fatigues im guessing u couldnt get a real job, maybe ur just feeling guilty about killing women and children? if so i understand.

ive got more qualifications in physics than u could ever dream of mate.

i bet u belive that the twin towers fell because of jet fuel.. lololololloolol

You've studied physics but cannot comprehend what an evidence based discussion is? Somehow I don't believe it.

u wouldnt be allowed near any of the tech i operate pal, dont kid yourself, if you think i care about how my typing is then ur very wrong, shows how thick u are though comparing physics to spelling.. lol BRILLIANT LOGIC MATE

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

do u think i care that much about grammar on an internet forum? this isnt a university exam, u clown, judgin by your fatigues im guessing u couldnt get a real job, maybe ur just feeling guilty about killing women and children? if so i understand.

ive got more qualifications in physics than u could ever dream of mate.

i bet u belive that the twin towers fell because of jet fuel.. lololololloolol

You've studied physics but cannot comprehend what an evidence based discussion is? Somehow I don't believe it.

u wouldnt be allowed near any of the tech i operate pal, dont kid yourself, if you think i care about how my typing is then ur very wrong, shows how thick u are though comparing physics to spelling.. lol BRILLIANT LOGIC MATE

Right. I've studied physics and engineering. Both disciplines require a rational thought process and logical trains of equations. You have demonstrated nothing of the sort. When people really study physics, they are required to provide evidence to support their premise, and "go google it M8" is not evidence nor would it be accepted by any physics professor, so your contention is not only irrational but laughable it's irrationality.

Ranting like an irrational and undereducated 14 year old "yabbo" actually harms your claims and actually helps make the case of those who have a different opinion than you.

In our back and forth, whom do you think comes off as an irrational and uneducated individual?

Physics is a rational and logical discipline. You have demonstrated neither of those traits. It is a precise discipline, not a sloppy one. Laziness in language and writing is indicative of laziness in other fields. Would you say to your physics professor, "who cares if I'm not precise in my equations, M8?"
edit on 21-12-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join