It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Shooting a 12-Year-Old, Cops Waited 4 Minutes To Give Him Medical Help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I see a pattern starting to form. No not the police pattern of shoot first ask questions last, im talking about a pattern that we see happening in the middle east. That pattern is us robot bombing villages, killing kids and creating terrorist. It may not be as drastic as that but what i see happening is this kid gets killed and helps foster the anti society, anti establishment, anti white. Theres more too. Not to mention this is criminal and should be prosecuted as such.

Source

The video footage to surface after the incident showed absolutely no restraint on the part of Cleveland patrol officer Timothy Loehmann, who fired the shot that killed young Tamir Rice.

Now it has been revealed that after realizing what they had done, the officers waited nearly four minutes before providing medical assistance. ABC News 5 reported that Cleveland officers are trained in how to treat medical injuries, in fact, it is actually one of the first mandatory training courses that they must take in order to become a police officer.

I swear to god i dont have patience for ruthless child killers.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How about kids running around parks pointing air soft guns that look real at people?

Do you have patience for that?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

How about kids running around parks pointing air soft guns that look real at people?

If that were the issue you'd be right.
This is about the cops making sure the child wouldn't survive after they subdued him.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The article definitely cherry picked facts and is pretty obviously slanted. Example: writing that the 911 caller stated the gun was probably fake, and then not writing that the information was not passed along to officers.

In any event, that definitely doesn't look good for them. Without knowing the department's policy on rendering aid throws a kink into pontificating, but it wouldn't fly here.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

I think it's a bit premature to say that they wanted to "make sure the kid didn't survive."

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked
Thank god the police killed him, where would we be without hero's like this. Thank god they didn't have the patience to access a life or death situation before killing the sh%t out of him.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: riffraff

I think it's a bit premature to say that they wanted to "make sure the kid didn't survive."

Obviously they didn't want him to survive. That's why they shot and killed him.
edit on 29-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So tired of this debate. LEOs shoot to stop the threat, not kill. Not wound. Not to shoot the gun out of somebody's hand. Not to scare. Not to warn. Not to show they're serious. Center mass is the most viable target to do that. Go read the thread that talks about your statement, and others like it, specifically.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They also have a problem with what I would find hard to believe is standard protocol. The video shows the police car arrive at a high rate of speed about ten feet away from someone that is suppose to have a real gun...real stupid if you ask me.

The video also shows that both officers exited the car and then 2 seconds later shots are fired, no weapon was brandished at them and they certainly had no opportunity to investigate what was going on.

A tragedy that should never occurred, if this child was pointing a toy weapon at people he certainly should not have done that, he deserved a spanking at worst, instead he received a bullet in the chest.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

I saw him waving it around while talking no his phone nonchalant like, and I didn't see people run in fear either. Saw some other guy sitting at a table without a care in the world too. I would like to ask you, is it against the law to walk around with a toy gun in your hand? How about... maybe if the cops spent longer than 2 seconds before they killed him to find out what he had he would be a live today.

I been in military action for the last 35 years and if some bozo cop shot my kid because he was too afraid to find out what the situation really was, I don't think that cop would be around very long...

edit on 29-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So tired of this debate. LEOs shoot to stop the threat, not kill. Not wound. Not to shoot the gun out of somebody's hand. Not to scare. Not to warn. Not to show they're serious. Center mass is the most viable target to do that. Go read the thread that talks about your statement, and others like it, specifically.

Why couldn't they simply stand behind a tree and order him to put the gun down. It was a park after all. I doubt it didn't have trees. These frs are trained to shoot first and not worry about consequences, and anybody that thinks different, is seriously diluted.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

35 years of action? Good lord what military are you in?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Did you see the guy drive up, he drove up like a madman and jumped out and shot a kid.

this prick... i, i cant.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Yea homie my comment has nothing to do with anything you said. It literally has nothing to do with why these two officers did what they did, or didn't do what they didn't do. It has everything to do with how LEOs are trained to shoot. Why didn't they hide behind a tree? I have no idea. Nor do I have any idea how hiding behind a tree pertains to how LEOs are trained to shoot.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Do you think that we're not tired of ill trained, hopped up on steroids, trigger happy LEOs operating as judge, jury and executioner?

It's time for mandatory cameras on LEOs, Citizen review boards, no internal affairs BS coverups, no unions, and proper accountability just like regular citizens.
edit on 29-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm sure you are. Again, I don't see how your comment pertains to mine, which was about firearms training. So unless you've got some sort of proof beyond shot placement that the officer wanted to kill this kid....

Oh, and before we circle back, the lack of rendering aid: I'd like to know what the department policy is on it before anything else.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=187

They were just making sure he was done resisting .......... Forever.

Totaly justifiable

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Agreed. Also, it's too bad that people are so misinformed by TV/movies, and cops too, apparently. The average person with a gun like that, even if that boy turned to fire at somebody, well he would probably miss - heh, two out of three times. Plus I think cops wear bullet-proof vests, or they should. LEO's are all so afraid of getting hit. They want to go home to their families at night, not spend a day or two in the hospital. Shucks. OK, so don't become a policeman, because injuries on the job happen. Nevertheless, many police officers never get shot after 25 years of service, and they somehow manage this without killing people in cold blood either.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Two words.

-Bull Horn-

Aren't squad cars equipped with a various assortment of gadgets that could have been used to issue a warning, BEFORE they hop out of their vehicles brandishing a deadly weapon ready, to 'stop' a threat.

Like onequestion stated "Did you see the guy drive up, he drove up like a madman and jumped out and shot a kid."

It's very clear who the real threat is. I'm sorry if some do not want to see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sadly it will take a lot more incidents, such as this one, for any real actions proceed to change things for the better.

I like to be optimistic but I do not see this happening any time soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join