It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

/So the Reds rule the Congress, what's next?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Its going to be an interesting next few years for the observer student of american ass backwards politics.

Many suppose Obama will be forced now to acquiesce a but visibly but he cant and wont. Even when he does he will make it look like the other party is really going along with his plan. Any compromise by Obama will never be represented as such. His party cant afford it. Expect more of the recent attitude displayed with the late executive order.

Also note that the liberals are always harping on democracy but watch how they act when they get a good dose of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What's next? The same as always when the reds control the Senate.
A return to war and more tax breaks for the wealthy and tax increases for the poor and middle class.

edit on 3-12-2014 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow
A return to war and more tax breaks for the wealthy and tax increases for the poor and middle class.

But we've always been at war.

But yes, Obama could easily sign legislation that increases taxes on the poor.

But the last time Republicans had full control of Congress, we got 4.4% unemployment (FY2006).

Low unemployment isn't good for the social program bureaucracies and police state complexes.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The last time Republicans controlled Congress to this degree was in the Roaring Twenties. No need to explain what that led to, with Herbert "Medicine Ball" Hoover.

Now, a little tidbit. The Teapublicans took control of Congress with only, repeat Only, approximately 13 percent of the votes of all the eligible voters (U.S. Census) That is simply the majority, with a lot of gerrymandering and other ballot box ploys, of the 35 million people, who voted. However, there is another fact to consider. The Nazi Party took control of Germany with a similar percentage of votes. Fascists like their twin Communists can perform magic with only the support of a minority of people.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But we've always been at war.

But yes, Obama could easily sign legislation that increases taxes on the poor.

But the last time Republicans had full control of Congress, we got 4.4% unemployment (FY2006).

Low unemployment isn't good for the social program bureaucracies and police state complexes.

I guess in order to argue that - I have to play along with your redefining of "war" - no thanks.

Was that sarcasm? Obama will be out of office before the red majority loses their hold again.

We also had 4.4% unemployment during the 110th Congress - it was controlled by the Democrats. So....meh.
Consequently, the highest average unemployment rate for a year was 1982 when the reds held the white house and the Senate.

So...sarcastic smiley faces to you too

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

Democrats took control of Congress in January 2007

BLS graphs

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Gridlock is our friend.

We can't take one more idea by this President.

He is a failure, a liar, he cheated to win office.

If you want to disagree fine...Just please, do not mention the skin pigment issue.

It's a nonstarter for me...

geez....don't equivocate, tell us how you really feel. the problem (or your solution), is that republicans that now control both houses feel the same way you do....

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

hey, boys and girls...don't forget that there is going to be endless hearings on how bad Obama is, cabinet appointments that only republicans like, and absolutely no federal judges appointed and consented to, that would be chosen by Obama.....I'll have to get an armband with a big GOP on it, and some clickable boots.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

BLS graphs

Yes....they did.
Annnddd - two months saw 4.4% unemployment - just like the 2 months republicans saw in 2006. So again....meh

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

BLS graphs

Yes....they did.
Annnddd - two months saw 4.4% unemployment - just like the 2 months republicans saw in 2006. So again....meh

But Republicans worked so hard to get unemployment down.

Why did Democrats let it go up so fast?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

The Tea Party is a joke and has done nothing for our country except take a name they don't deserve. They don't care about the poor, Vets, or anyone but themselves and their speaking tours.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CT_Flyboy
a reply to: whyamIhere

Here is a link to some of the UNASSAILABLE accomplishments by the president that many Obama haters wont like to see... pleasecutthecrap.com...

As for the skin color comment, you may not be prejudiced, but I would wager my house that most of the negative comments made about this president by Re-PUKE-licans is racially based. And NO, I am not black...

So in your opinion was it racist black republican voters who spoke out against the Carter administration and all his failed plans? You can’t have it both ways.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I disagree, I think that Obama will cave like a shaken up souffle. I think that the Democratic party will bail on Obama like the plague, blame him for all their woes, and try and invigorate the base on core values.

The GOP will push forward with their plan to destroy this president's legacy, destroy Obamacare (which they won't actually repeal but defund to the point of being defunct), then blame foreigners and immigrants for all of American's woes.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

They will probably lay off the immigrants as causers of woe. They are to afraid to sound like 1930ish Germans.

Whats sad though is that there truly are problems with having so many undocumented foreigners in a country.....any country and especially in one of which they can avail themselves of so much free stuff.

Anyway this is how the truth gets pigeonholed and gets corrupted. When speaking the truth gets you called a racist and a nationalist.

Its like your down on his luck brother-in-law whos on SSI moves into your home. Ok so the guy isn't that bad but anytime you need to say something you don't because you don't want to hear the lecture about helping folks out, about helping family and how unchristian you sound. Then you come home one day and his down on their luck friends have started hanging around, helping themselves and even collectively trying to beat you down when you complain about anything having to do with it. Then you call the cops and they tell you the guy cant be evicted under the law due to residential standing gained by camping out in your spare bedroom for so long.

And all the while you are made out to be the uptight ass who is just lucky enough to have a job and own property.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

They will probably lay off the immigrants as causers of woe. They are to afraid to sound like 1930ish Germans.

Kinda too late, Kristallnacht is coming, those of us who remember the past understand what's ahead. The calls have already been made, the campaign promises spoken and conservative leaders have won based on that exact line of rhetoric.

It's in the streets, I hear it quite often living in a red state as I do. The hate and violence against latinos (regardless of their actual immigration or nationalization status) will increase.

It's a sad thing, but conservative leaders have been campaigning on this issue for a long time and have brainwashed their loyal followers to step in line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join