It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers' responses to Rapper jailed for lyrics may surprise you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Over at Police One I was reading about the California rapper " Tiny Doo" being arrested and charged over album lyrics that supposedly glorified gang violence which somehow garnered him an attempted murder charge.
Only law enforcement officers are allowed to post there, so reading the comment section is straight up actual officer opinion.
Police One

All these cops standing up for the constitution and talking about how this man's rights have been violated should hopefully give some of the cop haters around these parts a moment to reconsider.

To the law enforcement officers here on ATS- Thank you for your service.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Talk is cheap.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Its not hate. Its disapointment.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just to be clear, he still got arrested PRESUMABLY BY POLICEMEN and charged with attempted murder. Odd way to defend your fascist oppressors.

Prosecutors admit he had no direct involvement in the shootings

HAHA what?!
edit on 29-11-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

since Duncan has no criminal record and nothing in his lyrics reference the shootings in question. Duncan remains in jail in lieu of $1-million bail until his trial begins Dec. 4. If he’s convicted, he could face life in prison.

How does it go again? # DA POLICE

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I love how you guys still find excuses to hate police even when they're on your side.

edit on 29-11-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I love how you guys still find excuses to hate police even when they're on your side.

how on earth did you come to that conclusion......they arrested him and he faces a life in prison yet did nothing except write songs......

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Go to the link and read the responses of officers from all over and see what they have to say about it- which is what this thread is about.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ice T should be on death row if you could arrest someone for song lyrics with his hit "cop killer"
But that was back when the music industry was selling violence like hot cakes.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That's an eye opener. It reminds me of when I cleaned a police station. I used to hear them talk about stuff-not like you can avoid it when you're right there-and one time they were talking about some gun laws or something (basically getting rid of the 2nd amendment) and they were angry about it. They thought it was the stupidest idea and said if it happened, they'd have no part in it. I was surprised.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

...hypothetical question....if i were to lock you up in my basement and apologize to you saying "i know what i am doing is wrong"...does that make it all ok ?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

if you could arrest someone for song lyrics

Apparently thats exactly what fascist police can do in California. The police can literally arrest innocent people, charge them with attempted murder, hold them hostage for up to 1 million dollars or more and send them to prison for life.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Talk is cheap.

No talk can and Is the most expensive comoddity EVER.
Talk can bring down goverments
loose lips can sink ships
Tell Nixon that talk is cheap
Or William Rattner whom brought down his jewlery empire with one sentance.
Describeing his merchandise as crap..

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hypothetical question: If I handed you apples and oranges, would you know the difference?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You might also listen to some older MacDre when He was incarcerated for armed robbery when He was a member of the Romper Room gang who specialized in banks and credit unions and their modus operandi was the "takeover style".. Anyways MacDre recorded a song from the Fresno jail and memorialized Detectives Macgraw and Nichelman and the cops are actually named in the song.

Both Detectives later worked on the Vallejo kidnapping of Laythan 'YoungLay' Williams' daughter where the teenaged Mother was killed and the child kidnapped. The child was later recovered years later during another investigation. It turned out the child was in South Vallejo and living w/family of a police clerk..

namaste

Proud Member of LEAP™

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

The PD didn't issue the warrant. The PD doesn't set bail. The PD isn't the one holding him.

Amazing how easily people hate what they don't understand.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Yea but...but...but that doesn't fit in with my preconceived notion that all cops are racist and fascist jackbooted thugs who were picked on in high school and can't ever do anything nice or good in their lives!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

and my pre conceived opinions tell me Americans have no sense of humour self insight or inony an yet you proved me wrong.
Must be your Celtic Heritage.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Can't speak for all of us, but a few of us do!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Over at Police One I was reading about the California rapper " Tiny Doo" being arrested and charged over album lyrics that supposedly glorified gang violence which somehow garnered him an attempted murder charge.
You did not read thoroughly. Nor, apparently, did most of those who posted comments. He was neither arrested nor charged over album lyrics.

Prosecutors admit he had no direct involvement in the shootings, but a little used law in California allows for the prosecution of gang members who benefit from crimes committed by fellow gang members.
www.policeone.com...

There was a discussion here about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join