It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

killer crow: potential tarantino film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i hope he makes this but i doubt it.
i love tarantino flicks. i know a lot of people dont but i dig them...some i like less than others but the dude makes good movies.

pretty good career for a person that didnt study the craft at all.
he has been quoted as saying "i never went to film school, i went to films"

a lot of people dont like him for his language and material.
he is a huge fan of blaxploitation films and hhe has films as an homage to that...
one thing that can be said though is he really does have a passion for the movies.
he has done a lot to get chinese made films produced and distributed in the states.

he is a fan of 35mm film. in 2010 he bought the new beverly cinema cause the owners were having a hard time keeping it going due to people wanting high def digital movies.
he owns it but lets the previous owners operate it as he only makes programming suggestions..

he has said as long as he is alive and rich the beverly cinema will show movies on 35mm.

anyway, to the potential film killer crow.

i will say that i doubt it will be made due to the subject matter and all the tension going on in the world.

my opinion though, it sounds awesome and i hope it gets made......

from the tarantino wiki page
en.wikipedia.org...

in a late 2012 interview with the online magazine The Root, Tarantino clarified his remarks and described his next film as being the final entry in a "Django-Inglourious Basterds" trilogy called Killer Crow. The film will depict a group of World War II-era black troops who have "been #ed over by the American military and kind of go ape#. They basically – the way Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an 'Apache resistance' – [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland
----------------

^^^^that sounds awesome...i really hope it gets made.
on a side note, his next official project, the hateful eight is on production right now...thats gonna be awesome too

www.imdb.com...

In post-Civil War Wyoming, bounty hunters try to find shelter during a blizzard but get involved in a plot of betrayal and deception

channing tatum, zoe bell, sam jackson, kurt russel, jennifer jason leigh, bruce dern, michael madsen, and tim roth
--------------

thats a hell of a cast

www.comingsoon.net...

n "The Hateful Eight," set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as "The Hangman," will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff. Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie's Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie's, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who's taking care of Minnie's while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all...
--------------------

i say hell yeah to both....

fun factoid: tarantino has the only american print of the big boss 2, 1976

info about his festival and a list of prints he owns

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Im a huge Tarantino fan..

It never fails to amaze me that people complain about violence or language in his films. I bet they were the same fools that saw Saving Private Ryan and cried with how violent that was.

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction still hold up today.. You can put the soundtracks to either film on and just by hearing 1 or 2 songs can easily imagine the scenes that go along with them.

I know he has talked about retiring from films soon as the move to digital has sort of defeated his desire but I hope he doesnt.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

he said he is retiring when he is 60 no matter what to focus on writing literature.
he said of the medium keeps changing though it might be sooner.

he is a huge collector of music too...
remember death proof? the juke box in the lap dance scene is his personal box with his collection...
down in mexico is supposed to be some rare print.

i think the only reason they bitch about the violence is because of the subject matter.
like you said...private ryan is ok...dhango or reservoir not...whatever

true romance is probably my favorite film.

i call my wife bama because of that movie...

being a fan im sure you know, he wrote natural born killers.

he does a lot of uncredited script doctoring in hollywood too.
tightening up the script or making the dialogue a little more 'snappy'

you only need a writing credit if you write a certain percentage...i forget what it is though.
if had credit for every movie he doctored he would have pages of cresits...

glad there are other fans like me out there....

ever see this

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Digging your thread Grovit. S&F

I would love to see Robert and Quintin do more Grindhouse.

I know it wasn't well received by many, but I see those films works of art.

Now back to my tasty beverage.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

grindhouse was awesome.

how many movies get made based off of a fake trailer like machete?

i dig his movies. his style of film making.
i dig how he refuses to apologize when the likes of spike lee start running the mouth cause of the language and terms he uses...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

grindhouse was awesome.

how many movies get made based off of a fake trailer like machete?

i dig his movies. his style of film making.
i dig how he refuses to apologize when the likes of spike lee start running the mouth cause of the language and terms he uses...

Quintin produced a RZA film "Man with the Iron Fists".

Modern chop-socky par excellence!

Sequel? In the works.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

yeah i saw that..
it was decent but i think overall people expected more because tarantino was attached to the project.
he has produced a lot of films that i dont think would have been made had it not been for his name.

i remember after pulp fiction movies started popping up at the video stores with 'tatantino presents' and honestly, most of them were pretty bad..
that said, a lot of people got their movies made because of him

this was awesome though
killing zoe

www.imdb.com...

Zed has only just arrived in the beautiful Paris and already he's up to no good. Having just slept with a call girl, he spends a night on the town with his dangerous friends. They all decide to rob a bank the following day. There's only one problem: Zed's call-girl, Zoe, just happens to work at the bank which is to be robbed!
---------

new topics

top topics

join