It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth behind the new Star Wars movies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would just like to drop in and say

Dune and star wars ate nothing alike

Nothing

Dune is much more religious and is way into the mystic vs a.i. concepts

Like is an advanced human better the an a.i. dune covers not just a galaxy but multiple universes and does so over a time so any of thousands of years.

it's abiut creating the perfect being

Star wars is a joke by comparison. The force and spice? Nothing alike

Where's the ai.i in star wars besides some dumpy droids?

I don't know what some of you are seeing .

Force = some all powerful field or something close to a pervasive god who will perform small miracles for you if u pray hard enough

Spice = a drug used to increase life and perception of reality making the user a god in his own right. Especially when used in conjunction with a eugenic breeding program

Yea I just don't get the comparison between star wars and dune at all.

Maybe I'm missing something?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Yea I just don't get the comparison between star wars and dune at all.

*self empowerment*
(what i said was: they're ALL the same thing..)

harry potter doesn't have AI either (unless we include the author... heyo!)
or spaceships...
yet harry potter ***is*** star wars

edit on 3-12-2014 by UNIT76 because: they're all the same thing for that very reason

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

at it again, i see...

what a crock. it's a goddamn movie.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.....and sometimes a story is just a story.

there are not enough drugs on the PLANET to cure what ails the dude who made that video...i almost feel sorry for him.

i don't watch star wars and think of religion....i watch star wars and think things like "man, blasters are cool", "i'd love to fly an X-Wing", "damn, Carrie Fisher used to have a nice ass", etc....

that vid is nuts, this thread is nuts...that's all i've got..

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Yup great buns
on her head also lol

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
...it is fantasy and the worst damage it can do is make people lose faith in there religion as they start to believe it is all fantasty not make them into jedi.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Yes, Star Wars is fantasy - no one (should) be denying that. But religion is no more real that Star Wars. It too is a made up fantasy, based on the desires and wishes of people - to give them hope and meaning to an otherwise unbalanced, unfair, cruel reality called Life; where good people die for unjust reasons and bad people often seem to profit.

Religion was created to made sense of things, back in a time when we humans had NO idea why the skies rumbled, why children suddenly became unwell with bizarre symptoms and died, no matter how many goats we killed or which Gods we prayed to.

It's a bit rich to be saying Star Wars could cause religious people to lose their faith and believe it to only be fantasy

edit on 8-12-2014 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique>>>> I would agree that there is something VERY wrong with Hollywood and the entertainment industry. Something very foul and evil and just beginning to show signs of being exposed. I'm not a fundy Christian so this is more observation based and not religion oriented. But its only part of what goes on in the world of politics power and business. But the Lucas Star Wars movie looks terrible and is strictly a grab for money. Lucas is about creatively spent and no longer has any vision and the franchise is over. Why waste money seeing a waste of time like the last three movies, only worse? Put it this way, would you want to see a sequel to The Lord Of The Rings? The story was told and there might be some characters still around but what could be added other than something thrown together to get you to spend some money seeing it?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
read the book of james if you want to know what God thinks about "religion"

…26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

i think someone back there spoke a lot of non-sense recently...

what a crock. it's a goddamn movie.

^note the keywords used there; God damned
no it's not "just a movie"
none of them are
they are all used as sophisticated programming
you probably think they all worship the same moloch statue & that's why it's cray cray but it doesn't work that way..

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.....and sometimes a story is just a story.

ah, here we go.. sure a cigar is a cigar
it's just the twisted minds that reinterpret these things; example bill clinton & monica lewinsky (and cigar)
no.. a story is never just a story
that's what folks like clinton would have you believe
i'm leaving this short here..

there are not enough drugs on the PLANET to cure what ails the dude who made that video...i almost feel sorry for him.

^can you wrap your head around that one, dear reader?
the guy who made the video is trying to warn you about this stuff
the guy who made the video has faith in Jesus Christ..
...but somehow drugs are going to fix him?
are you following this, dear reader?
amazing!?!
i certainly feel sorry for that person

i don't watch star wars and think of religion....i watch star wars and think things like "man, blasters are cool", "i'd love to fly an X-Wing", "damn, Carrie Fisher used to have a nice ass", etc....

^well that just says it all doesn't it?
i'd imagine there's some drugs involved there too?
maybe this is why we sometimes see that stupid fan-art online..
..y'know, stuff like chewbacca doin' princess leia etc?

that vid is nuts, this thread is nuts...that's all i've got..

it's "nuts" because that person just can't wrap their head around what is right & decent
"drugs fix things" according to that person, recall?

nothin' like a bit of Jesus & God to draw out the wicked

(prov 10:23) It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom

…14Do not enter the path of the wicked And do not proceed in the way of evil men. 15Avoid it, do not pass by it; Turn away from it and pass on. 16For they cannot sleep unless they do evil; And they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone stumble. 17For they eat the bread of wickedness And drink the wine of violence.…

all that was absolutely horrible.. did any of it appeal to you, reader?
why would someone say those things?
when they make no sense & are just about trash & emptiness?
misery loves company.... that's why
decide which side of the fence you want to sit on once & for all, dear reader

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Funny how valiant christian seems to think that everyone else is programmed...except him.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
here we go again..

originally posted by: UNIT76
i think someone back there spoke a lot of non-sense recently...

lol, i love how you term rational thought as "nonsense", but then spew genuine nonsense....ironic hypocrisy at it's finest...

^note the keywords used there; God damned
no it's not "just a movie"
none of them are
they are all used as sophisticated programming
you probably think they all worship the same moloch statue & that's why it's cray cray but it doesn't work that way..

so ALL movies are made to program people? dude..i think you're the one who needs help...

and who the hell said anything about "moloch"...wtf are you driving at?

ah, here we go.. sure a cigar is a cigar
it's just the twisted minds that reinterpret these things; example bill clinton & monica lewinsky (and cigar)
no.. a story is never just a story
that's what folks like clinton would have you believe
i'm leaving this short here..

a story is never just a story? ok, so then what is it?

you're honestly not saying anything rational here...

^can you wrap your head around that one, dear reader?
the guy who made the video is trying to warn you about this stuff
the guy who made the video has faith in Jesus Christ..
...but somehow drugs are going to fix him?
are you following this, dear reader?
amazing!?!
i certainly feel sorry for that person

the dude who made the video isn't trying to warn us about anything....it's baseless lunatic ranting and opinion...the guy is reading too much into things, and i fear he really is ill in the head.

the bit about the drugs was a bit of humor, to highlight his level of crazy..

^well that just says it all doesn't it?
i'd imagine there's some drugs involved there too?
maybe this is why we sometimes see that stupid fan-art online..
..y'know, stuff like chewbacca doin' princess leia etc?

now you're just being crude, and disgusting...grow up, yes?

it's "nuts" because that person just can't wrap their head around what is right & decent
"drugs fix things" according to that person, recall?

no, it's nuts because it's nuts....it's delusional, paranoid, mad-as-a-hatter ranting....it's like those people who say they can predict terrorist attacks by folding currency a certain way, because of hidden Illuminati symbolism... it's like people who think they see jesus in toast, and people who think that chicken bones arranged in a certain way will tell them the future...

it's crazy bulls**t.

nothin' like a bit of Jesus & God to draw out the wicked

(prov 10:23) It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom

…14Do not enter the path of the wicked And do not proceed in the way of evil men. 15Avoid it, do not pass by it; Turn away from it and pass on. 16For they cannot sleep unless they do evil; And they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone stumble. 17For they eat the bread of wickedness And drink the wine of violence.…

-rolls eyes-

all that was absolutely horrible.. did any of it appeal to you, reader?
why would someone say those things?
when they make no sense & are just about trash & emptiness?
misery loves company.... that's why
decide which side of the fence you want to sit on once & for all, dear reader

yes, your post was quite awful, and it didn't appeal to me....i prefer it when people speak sense...

i'll stay on the side of the fence(if there even is one), who's fellows are firmly anchored in logic, reason, common sense, and sanity..

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mate395
Funny how valiant christian seems to think that everyone else is programmed...except him.

so true...so very, very true..

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Who said anything about taking the entirety of the Bible and 'throwing it out the window? Did you say that because Star Wars refrains from introducing or espousing biblical scripture? I suppose most entertainment, if you follow this strange line of reasoning, would aim to 'throw scripture out the window,' should it simply not include to proselytize Christian doctrine.

Dude, witches use all sorts of wood to craft their wands, not just Holly. I once had a teacher named, Holly Wood - I doubt she was a witch, but perhaps I could be enlightened on the fundamentals her character based upon her name alone. To suggest that the name of this neighborhood in L.A. was given as a component of some hidden and sinister agenda might be true (just as it might be true that there exists a moon made of cheese somewhere out there in the universe), but just sounds ridiculous, especially when based upon an faulty application of etymology and big dose of sketchy superstition.

To suggest that Star Wars, 'instills a desire to practice eastern religions' is incorrect - that does not apply to every person who watches those films, and I doubt an overwhelming number leave the theatre thinking, 'I should really convert to Zen, (or flipping Jedism)' and who, but you, gives a care if it did in fact lead to more individuals practicing self-control, mindfulness, compassion and peace - do you really think that such actions would upset Divinity? Of course you do, because you have been indoctrinated; and indoctrinated as a last-ditch effort out of fear after having let your guard down and getting bitten after superficial dabbling in whatever watered-down variety of occultism in which you thought you were adept. Regardless, what you were implying with that comment was to say, 'Jedi's practice meditation and self-control, which is akin to certain eastern practices, and if a lot of people are inspired by Star Wars, then it must follow that Star Wars thus instills a desire to practice eastern religions'- but you didn't want to just come right out and say that and examine your argument step-by-step for some reason - probably because, for one, it is a bad argument because there is a very big difference between adopting certain practices of a religion, versus adopting a religious identity. You know, it just doesn’t make sense why you would try to hide this deductive jump because you obviously believe that it makes no difference whether it is a non christian religious practice or a non-christian religion - you believe they are all of Satan's doing.

Listen, I can respect that you believe what you believe, because I believe that we catch our beliefs the same way that we catch a cold, and it is necessary oftentimes to critically examine our lines of reasoning that we used in coming into specific beliefs in order that these beliefs may become well-reasoned beliefs, perhaps readjusted, or even discarded - but dude, play by the rules and don't manipulate the reasoning of your audience by giving arguments that you know are bad and will only apply (even as a very big stretch) to your religious paradigm, because that only makes you appear fanatical and untrustworthy.

Anyhow, if the practices of meditation and aligning oneself with 'the Force' can be considered 'eastern,' and thus, 'Satanic' (though i still don’t know how that quite follows), then please ask yourself what Joshua was doing in the desert during those 40 days. Yes, he was 'praying,' which is most definitely a type of meditation (the same way that Tamari is a type of Soy Sauce), and is a method for seeking to align oneself with the 'Force,' or God, Adonai, the Elohim, etc... As such, the ‘Force’ may indeed be real - but it is not the intellectual or physical property the 'new age' movement (which is what anyway, a bunch of middle-aged women with Eckhart Tolle books, crystal collections and tarot cards?). The talk of this 'force' is nothing new, and has been discussed throughout human-history - it is perhaps that George Lucas was simply tapping the Platonic realm of universal ideals, as many artists do when they create inspiring works of good, though I have a hunch that here, you may fall back on your default, 'if it wasn't in the Bible, then it is Satan's doing' in response to this. Anyhow, with the same angle, I must ask, what sort of 'force' did Yeshua use to heal people? And you will reply that it was the force of God.

When asked why the Bible leaves out a large chunk of the early life of this man, many believers fail to come up with any satisfactory answer. Various mystery schools (you may probably label them as 'Satanic Luciferian Illuminati Mind Control' cults) claim that Joshua was initiated into the Essene order/fraternity/whatevs, which taught specific principles of Hebrew Qabalah, mysticism, and importantly, healing; knowledge and rites which were kept secret in order that they would not be abused or profaned by the dumb and reckless; for this was the knowledge of Divinity and was based upon principles of Man’s relationship with Divinity. As it is, you may counter here that Jesus was the sole flesh-embodiment of God, and that there will be no other. You also believe that man is a contingent and dependent being - that man is not God, in any legitimate sense of the definition of God, and I agree. However, I do believe that through a correct understanding of our relationship with God, we may come to understand that we are all but vessels by which Divinity manifests, but this may be a sheer difference in spiritual perspectives. Some hold that the God of the old testament was just an angry alien being - again, just a matter of difference in spiritual perspectives.

All science has at one point been considered to have bordered on the mysterious, the miraculous and even magical. Really, it is only through introspection into the unknown that we may isolate and identify certain laws or principles of science and use them to our benefit, just as how we came to define various principles astronomy, chemistry, medicine, and psychology. The study and application of certain and specific (not all) occult laws of life and consciousness is our God-given birthright - John: 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the WORKS that I do he will do also; and GREATER WORKS than these he will do, because I go to My Father."

Not that you will, but regardless, I ask you to please take a step back, center yourself and just breathe for a moment to ponder the following, if that practice isn't too blasphemous - granted, you claim that you were relatively recently filled with the Light of the Holy Spirit, but that does not necessarily include that you are correct in any truth, any given hunch, or any conclusion regarding any thing. It is incorrect to conclude that any practice not covered in the Bible will, as a rule, eventually open oneself to demon-infestation and blasphemy, or is a manifestation of Satan and the luciferian-illuminati trying to capture the souls of the less vigilant. You really have little basis for this claim, save for your own experience, and I assure you that you constitute probably the only person ever having experienced possession from doing yoga, if that was actually the case and not some re-surfacing neurosis or manifestation of schizophrenia. Although you may believe that you are right, you very well may be wrong, regardless how you feel about the matter.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The journey of Anakin and his training is really his journey on "enlightenment" and obviously, his battle with the "darkness" being the antithesis of "enlightenment".

It is obvious, that he suffers from "attachments" (Padme) and thus his "ego" leads him to the dark side.

Most of all this "fluffy" talk about "forces" and teachings that are designed to be "mysterious" are based on a tenant, and that is, that when one speaks and offers advice, they incur a responsibility for that advice, because, one might take that advice and subsequently harm or destroy themselves. So, these "teachings" can never give you a clear answer as to what you must do and what you must not, and they also rectify this question by saying that all things are relative and that they are different perspectives of the same "thing" - being the core of the teachings, "one"/"unity"/collectivism. In addition to this, they do not want to be "wrong" as this would obviously harm their reputation, so they speak in a way that their words cannot either be proven or disproven. They gain "followers" that are looking for an "answer" - they get excited and absorb themselves in the material until they stumble across "enlightenment" - an answer that cannot be given yet presents itself when they adopt the complete doctrine. At that point, they are indoctrinated with a single belief - that only the individual can answer the question themselves - and this is basically "enlightenment".

In terms of Christianity, I am not a Christian, however, Jesus's words were supposedly from God himself, thus totally unquestionable, with a clear distinction between "wrong" and "right".

Personally, I also have principles and draw the line at certain things.
edit on 15-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join