It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth behind the new Star Wars movies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Star Wars is one of my favorite films and I do not believe in Satan so I guess your premise is flawed.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I bet he arrives in an X-wing Fighter too....with a gold humanoid robot and a little green guy named Yoda.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

And ironically so are many churches...wonder why that is. Do you think its because both are made up of humans ? The most violent...disgusting and vile animals on earth...humans....made in Gods image ? That scares me !

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

To be fair Lucas never shied away from citing his influences. He'll take every opportunity he can to talk about Joseph Campbell. He's made it very clear that he takes a lot of inspiration from Kurosawa and that Hidden Fortress was a major influence on A New Hope. So while there may not be a lot or originality in Lucas' movies he has no problem admitting that fact. On top of that he created a world that struck a chord with a large number of people and inspired a lot of filmakers. Yes Lucas is a so-so screenwriter and an even worse director but I will still watch that original trilogy every chance I get.

On topic the real secret about the new Star Wars movies is that Disney is trying to replicate the success of the Marvel movies. They've chosen an established franchise with a built in fan base and they're going to milk it for all it's worth.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that people who constantly maul entertainment from a religious fanatic POV (be it movies, games, books, ect) are hands-down the most BORING people on the planet.

My god, imagine how hollow a life some people must have if they think going off the deep end is worth their effort. There's nothing left to live for for them except fear. And do they ever fear a lot, every musician is evil, every actor is evil, ever book is -- you get the schtick. It's not even a tempest in a teacup, it's just damn sad people are ruled & fooled by their fears over something as mundane as entertainment.
edit on 11/29/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: entermemo
I'll save everyone the time . . . it's from someone who called "the vigilant christian." a member of the "christian truther movement."

Move along atheists, nothing to see here.

Good to know. Sounded stupid to me anyway, but the confirmation is appreciated...

it's a damn movie ffs lol

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not to derail the tread with this discussion, but your are correct. He did bring the genre to the big screen and the "mainstream" for the masses.

My point was that he can't be blamed for an illuminati/satanic conspiracy, as the ideas presented were not his to begin with. Unless he is simply a pawn/cog/dupe, then I can see him being a fall guy I guess.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Satan comes as an angel of light.

Where? I hear this a lot. But I must be blind. All I see are deluded humans making stories up to scare other humans into drinking their after life cool aid. And to be annoying sanctimonious snobs in the now life.

Can he bring me some bacon when he comes wielding his light? And a beer. I've tried waiting for Jesus, but he seems more interested in being in toast, and toast is pretty bland.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
I've tried waiting for Jesus, but he seems more interested in being in toast, and toast is pretty bland.

Not if you wrap that toast around Satan-bacon and dunk it in your beer.

Mmmmmm. Sacrilicious.

edit on 29-11-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religous hypocrite

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Are Eh, I have to give you that Jar Jar was almost as bad an idea as the Ewok's, remember the Ewok Action Figure's.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So we have a classic battle between good and evil and it seems good wins so how is that preparing me for Satan?

One could also view this as a battle between order and chaos with the rebels being the bad side, chaos. I guess it is whatever people want to believe in.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: sn0rch
I've tried waiting for Jesus, but he seems more interested in being in toast, and toast is pretty bland.

Not if you wrap that toast around Satan-bacon and dunk it in your beer.

Mmmmmm. Sacrilicious.

Oo

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So we have a classic battle between good and evil and it seems good wins so how is that preparing me for Satan?

One could also view this as a battle between order and chaos with the rebels being the bad side, chaos. I guess it is whatever people want to believe in.

The opposite of Chaos is Control.

Would you believe... the opposite of M.A.D. ?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There's a little known passage of the Bible where it states God hates wookies. So of course any propaganda movie against the Empire is doing the Devil's work.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
He's made it very clear that he takes a lot of inspiration from Kurosawa and that Hidden Fortress was a major influence on A New Hope.

The role of Vader was originally offered to Toshiro Mifune, and the helmet was designed with him in mind. He was also offered the role of Obi-Wan.
edit on 11-29-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
The Dune movie in '84 was garbage.

Hey now! It may not have been as awesome as the books but it was still great imho! Perhaps you didn't know that Lynch worked closely with Frank Herbert while making that film. So Frank was down with it and approved!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I just saw the teaser trailer for the new one yesterday. I was wondering how long it was going to take before a paranoid Christian claimed the new light-sabre was an inverted cross. Not very long it seems.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

agree.

i dunno if Satan exists, but
if Satan can disguise himself as angel of light, can he disguise himself as Jesus?
imho, it could be worst if it would be Satan disguising himself as Jesus in christian version of 'afterlife'.

how to know if that nice bearded guy waiting as judge in 'afterlife' is truly Jesus?

but then Jesus said, 'judge not and you will not be judged'. why would he choose to act as the 'afterlife' Judge if he said so.

the book is so full of contradictions.

peace
edit on 29-11-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

that reminds me of ken watanabe as 'the obi wan' to tom cruise in last samurai
hahaha

peace

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

or maybe it's cookies that he hates.

i know for sure that in old testament, god likes bbq
he easily forgave mankind after he enjoyed some, post flood.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join