It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by HowardRoark
A question back at you, how do calibrate angular size with a telescope?
Back at you: What is the Subaru?
1. Looking through the telescope you see an object that appears to have an angular size of 13°. You know this object is 2.2 miles away. What is its true size? (T= (Angular sizeX Distance)/57.3)
2. True or False: A constellation is one of 100 areas in the sky.
3. True or False A sundial will tell you the same time of your watch every day of the year.
4. Fill In The Blank: Through the course of the year the Sun moves along the ____________, which is a line that passes through the 13 zodiac signs.
5. List the planets in order from the Sun out.
6. What is the difference between a Solar Day and a Sidereal Day?
7. What are Kepler’s Laws of Planetary Motion?
8. Describe chromatic aberration:
9. What is the Horizon System? The Equitorial System?
10. A telescope has a focal length of 2321 mm. What is this telescope’s magnifying power using a 44 mm eyepiece? (MP=Focal Length/Eyepiece Length)
11. Fill in the blanks: __________ is the planet with the shortest period of rotation, while __________ is the planet with the longest.
12. A telescope has an objective diameter of 14 inches. What is its theoretical resolving power? (TRP=(4.56 degrees X inches)/Objective)
13. Fill in the blanks: A Lunar Eclipse occurs when the Moon is in the _________ phase, while a Solar Eclipse occurs when the Moon is in the _________ phase.
14. What does NASA stand for?
15. When the Moon is in its Full phase it rises at:
16. What are Kirchoff’s Laws?
17. What is Joseph Fraunhofer's claim to fame?
18. A black body radiation source is what color?
19. This is a diagram of what kind of telescope?
20. This is a diagram of what?
Originally posted by Mizar
So who got the highests score?
quote: 11. Fill in the blanks: __________ is the planet with the shortest period of rotation, while __________ is the planet with the longest.