It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok please explain this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am confused, all these people are shouting "hands up don't shoot?" I dont understand the message of change here?

What are you asking for as an actionable statement for change? What are you telling the world while you have your five minutes of fame? Nothing, just that you are unhappy.

WHY are you not simply chanting "cops wear Cameras" this will be an actionable change that will makes cops be accountable for their behaviour. You achieve nothing with this hands up don't shoot BS, its pathetic.

Force change, send a message, these cops do NOT want to wear cameras, lets make them do stuff that they don't want to do. They are public servants and if we want them to wear cameras then they will. Simple as that. Let them argue against it after they shot a 12 year old in less than 2 seconds despite confirming they gave him THREE warnings.

Change your message, it should be "Cops Wear Cameras", when you shout that they will # themselves!

Don't waste this opportunity!
edit on 6am332332America/ChicagoSat, 29 Nov 2014 06:01:10 -060011am11 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

edit on 6am332332America/ChicagoSat, 29 Nov 2014 06:01:54 -060011am11 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I agree. In a time where people can't trust police officers with their lives, because of poor judgment, aggressive and violent behavior, crimes and unnecessary risk... The need for information surrounding these situation, to prevent lives getting wasted, mounting camera's on individual cops is not a bad idea.

When Big Brother is watching you, who is watching Big Brother ?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gazzerman

Because cops all over are going to start wearing them regardless of the slogan protesters use...

If you were paying attention you would know that...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The word went out right after Brown was shot that an unarmed man with his hands up had been shot and killed by police.

What it implies is that a cop command, "Hands up" was followed buy compliance and a reply of, "Don't shoot."

Every ilk I can find about it repeats the same thing. "There are too many conflicting eyewitness reports" ==to verify that Brown stopped running away, turned and surrendered before being shot down.

Let all that conflict come out in court under oath. Preferably not in Ferguson.

Didn't the autopsy show bullet entry wounds to the underside of his right arm? Just musing but how can a man get shot there unless his arms were raised?

edit on 29-11-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Not disagreeing with you at all.

What comes next? Everyone wearing a live camera so they don't hurt each other?

When we learn to control our own actions policing won't be necessary in the same capacity, and can we ever get there?

I don't hold back or hide so I am game for whatever comes.

Incidentally I have access to cameras and live recordings of my folks in action (not cops) and it always boils down to what I do with said information, and how positive my understanding of what I see is actioned on.

What brings real change?

Cheers
edit on 29-11-2014 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Treespeaker

it always boils down to what I do with said information

I think for starters it does not matter, the very fact that cops know they are being filmed makes them think twice and act in a responsible manor. As seen in the article below.

mic.com...

After they are caught we can then take the conversation to the next level. Trying to solve the problem all in one go will result in failure.

First awareness, then actions.
edit on 8am332332America/ChicagoSat, 29 Nov 2014 08:11:00 -060011am11 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8am332332America/ChicagoSat, 29 Nov 2014 08:11:23 -060011am11 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Lol, well said.

That is the same line of thinking I arrive at.

A little by little approach.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Many cops will be wearing cameras partially because people took to the streets and chanted "hands up, don't shoot".

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think they are shouting that because its what you are supposed to do when confronted by a police officer pointing a gun at you. You put your hands up, and your not supposed to be shot. Unfortunetly in some cases the police go ahead and shoot, usually killing the person. I agree that it would definetly help with police and citizens if they just wore video cameras, that could not be turned off, or tampered with. It would end alot of the back and forth endless debate. and require police to accountable for their actions

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think they aren't asking cops to wear cameras because they all know that had this cop been wearing a camera, it would have just shown that Michael Brown did exactly what the officer and witnesses described he did. It would paint Michael Brown in a bad light, and that's not their agenda here.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i interpret it as 'my hands are up, don't shoot me'. i imagine that was/is the message in that particular chant.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i interpret it as 'my hands are up, don't shoot me'. i imagine that was/is the message in that particular chant.

Of course but its not a vehicle for change, This is going to become a wasted opportunity. Without a mounted camera they can say hands up dont shoot all they want, if nobody from the public can hear or see them and the police shoot them then nothing has been achieved. And it is still the cops word against yours, of which they will always side with the cops. The camera wont lie.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Cops wearing cameras will make no difference.

Even with civilians taking videos we have very big problem, which is that, regardless of proof of negligence(at the very least) police are not prosecuted.

It doesn't matter if they barge in on the wrong home and shoot a whole family.

They.

Will.

Not.

Be.

Charged.

More cameras will do nothing. The justice system is currently rigged to make a profit off of making non-violent offenders lose all their freedom while maximizing the amount of violence their dogs(police) can inflict without causing a violent uproar from the cattle. Visibility without prosecution means nothing.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gazzerman

WHY are you not simply chanting "cops wear Cameras" this will be an actionable change that will makes cops be accountable for their behaviour. You achieve nothing with this hands up don't shoot BS, its pathetic.

Force change, send a message, these cops do NOT want to wear cameras, lets make them do stuff that they don't want to do. They are public servants and if we want them to wear cameras then they will. Simple as that.

The action you suggest is exactly correct as is your reasoning. Thank you for saying it.

On the face of what appears to be happening, I would suggest that its been a case of controlled opposition. I would suggest that the police saw this protest movement coming and decided to control it themselves and lead it off into a harmless direction that will achieve nothing, exhaust the built up energy and fizzle out as intended.

Analogous to 'see the bullet coming and deflect it off into a harmless direction,' if you like.

Your suggested course of action is the exactly right action to take.

new topics

top topics

join