It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

There will always be discrimination of some sort. So stating a universal fact that will always be present while mankind draws breath does not add credence to your assertions....

There will always be discrimination on both fronts. I can cry and wallow in that fact and say it's oppressing me.

Or I can succeed DESPITE it.....

What my ancestors went through here in the southwest when this country was settled by the colonist. Makes the slavery era look like a fairy tale....

How many violent native American riots have you seen in the last 20 yrs?

I understand how bad slavery was. But I look at the dignity the Native American society has and how they conduct themselves despite their current often squalor like conditions. And then look at some of the African American communty and how they have been acting and I can see the stark contrasts

And honestly I'm tired of hearing about it. If they refuse personal responsibility and to follow leaders that lift them instead of perpetuate self inflicted oppression then they shackle themselves

edit on 11/29/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So you really think all those people that grew up in the 50's and 60's just up and forgot what was taught to them as right all around them everyday?
White people were above all others and anything other was sub human, and that was only 50 years ago.

Yes some minorities have made it, but the old white male still reigns supreme in our system.

Only it's not the 50s and 60s anymore. It's 2014.

They can stay living in the past and tied to it. Or they can chose to untether themselves from what's behind them and live now....

You can't see tomorrow as long as you're looking back

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

sometimes people embrace victim hood, seems they cannot escape that form of slavery

The perpetually offended, the sharptons of this world made a career out of other people's grief

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Let me be clear what's going on right now in Ferguson is appalling. Also, frankly, if I was Wilson I would have probably done the same thing. The video footage in the store shows Brown was no saint. So lets get that out of the way.

If it was about the police state and out of control cops then why aren't they going nuts about the other instances AFTER the brown shootint IN THE STATE where cops were abusing thei authority ????!

Um, they are? Perhaps we are looking at different riots on the tele?

Trying to say this whole thing was about out of control cops and not about perceived ratial slight is dishonest.

Wha-huh? You sure like putting words in people's mouths don't you?

Quote: "The protests are more than just about black on white racial tensions."

Where in here did I say what you think I said? Is it really that hard for you to grasp that a public outcrying like what's happening in Ferguson has more than just one motivating factor?

As far as our good friend Bueller is concerned, you still haven't provided any links or sources showing pre-August 18th mass pillaging and looting.

edit on 2014-11-29 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
We all know the reasons why. Not much to say.

I don't know the reasons why.

I'm white, and I couldn't tell you. Is it because white people don't feel as paranoid/persecuted by government as black people? Is it because black communities have greater solidarity? White people don't like the emotion of outrage?

I'm stabbing in the dark here. What is this obvious reason why white people aren't in an uproar over this latest example of police-on-citizen murder gone unpunished?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

sometimes people embrace victim hood, seems they cannot escape that form of slavery

The perpetually offended, the sharptons of this world made a career out of other people's grief

Indeed. They are the true slave holders now. Dealing in the monetary gains of trading their own people's future in for money and perpetual victimhood.
Using the whip of the media pulpit to bring them into submission and subjugation

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

But there are people alive to day that had those values of the 50's and 60's drilled into them and guess what are still alive with family following the same values.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Its that the media are all raciest race biters that don't care about white people, duh!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

OK, one more post.

Victim hood is a CHOICE!

Even if you are raised in a victim hood culture ----- YOU can CHOOSE to get out of it.

Many have. I celebrate them.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtraeme

Let me be clear (and keep in mind I'm not directing my posts AT you. I'm sure you're a fine person w a good head on their shoulders)

But them SAYING. It's about more then racial issues means nothing when the actions are the complete opposite

talk is cheap. It's your actions that show the truth. We see this every day on the world stage

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's exactly right. Thousands and thousands the world over have been raised and grown up in the most horrible of homes.... Death. Abuse. Poverty.

And they make something of themselves because they refuse to let their past define their future

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

But there are people alive to day that had those values of the 50's and 60's drilled into them and guess what are still alive with family following the same values.

And those who continually try to live in the past never progress to the future

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There should have been - where were the outraged white people?

All people should be outraged and demostrating about this violence by the police against unarmed suspects.

That said your source the reverend (I use the title lightly) Sun Myung Moon has a clear and divisive agenda for printing this now.

Why make this into a racial matter when it's a militarized policing matter. It's more often those citizens of color that this happens to but as the OP points out it isn't exclusive.

Again, where was the outrage of the community?

And where the heck is the original source material?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

And those who continually try to live in the past never progress to the future

I don't disagree with you; however you seem to advocate for ignoring the past which is equally hurtful.

Don't 'live' in the past but use it to inform your 'now' and guide your dreams for the future.

Balance both past and future in your behavior of today.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Non of my post indicate that that I advocate for forgetting the past...

I'm a huge lover and proponent of learning history the world over ....

However there is a difference between remembering and learning from the past, and using it as a crutch to perpetuate current conditions

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

You are more than welcome to riot, loot and burn down your neighborhood...I don't care what you do anymore than I care about what the folks in Missouri do...so have at it

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So just keep ignoring the actual point of my post, seems like a common theme.
Lets just ignore what happened before and not talk about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is proof that the *MSM/Washington D.C.* culture controls everything.

They effectively select what they want you to react to.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
All people should be outraged and demostrating about this violence by the police against unarmed suspects.

Uh huh.

I robbed a store, manhandled the clerk, blatantly walked down the middle of a street, assaulted an officer, refused to stop when ordered, turned and charged toward the officer pointing a gun at me.

"Wasn't me", "Not my fault", "cop forced me to do it", "I'm just an innocent 18 year old".

Oh, I'm sure I could come up with some more -- I AM THE VICTIM -- excuses.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
On the internet you people love to boost your egos and give false interruptions of reality.
But like I said, those wonderful and dreadful people in the shadows keeps your nature in check, and making yourself look good for stars and flags certainly won't save you.
You can't say people are playing the victim card when the whole environment is designed for you to fail. Who imports the drugs on planes, who manufacturers the weapons...
I'm glad God is real and a Man and agrees with me.
edit on NovX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join