It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: kaylaluv

Can you imagine those numbers if Gates, Waltons, Buffet, and the like were removed?

The comparison is between middle class whites and middle class blacks. None of the names you mentioned would be classified as middle class, so they are not included in the comparison, obviously.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh man another one of these threads.
Really shows the mental gymnastics of some people.
They call what is happening in Ferguson stupid but then get mad when it doesn't happen in other cases.

If you guys want us white people to riot then just wait until our favorite sports teams wins or loses a championship game, will get your wish there.
This kid did not need to die tho, but I wonder how many people will call him a thug and an animal and say that he deserved what he got?
That is what you are asking to not happen right?
You want people to stand up for this kids life and be mad that he didnt need to die correct?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

actually slavery is alive and well today, over 40 million in other countries, in america too, just well hidden.

Whites don't have community organizers or agitators, and they are not allowed, that would be racist.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

And why can't it be the same for all, that live here? You just want an excuse. Especially for grants.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

actually slavery is alive and well today, over 40 million in other countries, in america too, just well hidden.

Whites don't have community organizers or agitators, and they are not allowed, that would be racist.

No is it not. Not unless your running a slave market of females. Slave market could be White, Black, Asian, or green.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In my opinion, not many actually came out to protest, nothing like the old days, thank god.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Could you imagine how much better it would be if so many knew they couldn't rely on a crutch because of their race. And listened to their black leaders who tell them to pull themselves up and stop making excuses

Could you imagine how much better off they would be if they actually listened to people like Martin Luther king and actually understood his message. Instead of falling in line w people like Jesse Jackson and al sharpton?

MLK would roll over in his grave if he could see what it's become

But that's the point I have been making. Those that try to pull themselves up are still at a disadvantage. A black person trying to pull themselves up has a steeper hill to climb than a white person trying to pull themselves up. We've seen it with attempting to get loans (with the same credit history as a white person), and with jobs (needing two more levels of education just to get the same job as a white person, and a bigger chance of not getting a call-back with a "black-sounding name" compared to an identical resume with a "white-sounding name").

I think MLK would say we're not there yet - we still have a ways to go.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I didn't specify a color or gender, the latest stats worldwide are about 40 million inslaved world wide.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Nope. Nobody rioting. Who are you mad at about that? Are you out there rioting?

I would hope my community would stage massive protests over something like that. But I know they would simply be sipping on their Latte's sending out their "hearts and prayers".

Don't blame the people of Ferguson for the complete complacency of other communities. They should be getting angry.

ps - I don't know the details of this case but if it's anything like Brown's death (or any of the several that occur out constantly), then people should react.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Black people can do all that you just said but if the people in charge don't give them the time of day based on their skin color alone that it doesn't matter!
I would agree there is some leaders that need to go, but it is on both sides. You can't only fix one side of the problem, black people keeping black people down, and expect the other side to fix its self.

MLK would be rolling over on his grave cause he would see nothing has changed since he gave his speech.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh, I know I should stay out of this. So one post, then I'm gone.

I was listening to a talk radio show the other day. "It" said ---- every morning a black person wakes up they are forced to look at their skin color and acknowledge they are "black". That it's the first thing in their head every morning, they have to face the day and live as a black person. That whites never even think about their skin color because it doesn't matter. It doesn't affect their life.

Well, what about Asians, Mexicans, Filipinos, etc? Do they not wake up every morning knowing they are not white skinned?

Personal responsibility needs to start at home.

The generational culture of blaming everyone but yourself is getting really old.

edit on 29-11-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
This thread is kinda silly. If we are going to compare similar incidents from the past, why stop at the 2012 incident? Let's go back to the lynchings and killings from the 60s and beyond. Heck, let's go back to the 30s, 40s and the 1800s...let's keep going back.

See how silly it would become?

Stop stirring things up folks, take lessons learned and learn to deal with issues going forward.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

And that's just our point.

They aren't at any more of a disadvantage then any other person of different color in their exact situation. In fact because they have such programs they are at an ADVANTAGE...so furthering that false dychotomy is both dishonest and inaccurate

All this does is flip the script and create more of the same perpetual racial divide

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtraeme
What I do know is that between the day of the shootint and the date U claim this pic was taken, many homes and businesses were looted and destroyed...

Before August 14th? Links? Sources? Bueller?

I do and like yourself you don't know the context of that picture. They could be trying to get down the street to where something was going on and this guy but his hands up so they knew he wasn't involved...for all you know they weren't even concerned w this guy. So trying to take one picture and use it as an example is both irresponsible and dishonest

Maybe you are not getting what I am saying.

Do you think the photo helped to calm things down or did it stir up more incendiary reactions?

I would seriously recommend reading the Guardian article if you haven't already.

www.theguardian.com...

What we do know is the black man in the blue shirt is unarmed and there is a swat team bearing down on his location.

Similarly a line of police officers with military grade equipment standing in front of a line of unarmed protestors, with 12,000 bayonets back in the police station, tends to get people riled up.

www.csmonitor.com...

That is the point.

The protests are more than just about black on white racial tensions. It is about police militarization. That is why the protests aren't exclusively black. Every race and nationality has made a showing.

The right response was this:

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 2014-11-29 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He would be rolling in his grave because he would see it hasn't changed because they have refused to take every opportunity given to them infavor of an ideology of complacency and blame.....

"The man" isn't keeping people down anymore. If you haven't notice we have many black leaders. And a black president.

I can't believe the words actually came out of your mouth that the people in charge don't give them the time of day.....lol especially looking at how racially diverse our gov is.

This excuse. Is tired and old and is no longer viable. Time to pick another crutch

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And that's just our point.

They aren't at any more of a disadvantage then any other person of different color in their exact situation. In fact because they have such programs they are at an ADVANTAGE...so furthering that false dychotomy is both dishonest and inaccurate

All this does is flip the script and create more of the same perpetual racial divide

It's a myth that there is no more discrimination by employers, bankers, etc. The facts prove it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtraeme

Sure sounds like it's race related when the black panthers are involved. And video after video you hear people screaming about white on black racist cops and how "whitey " wouldn't understsnd

Sure sounds like it's race related when people are trying to out the cop as part of the KKK

Trying to say this whole thing was about out of control cops and not about perceived ratial slight is dishonest.

We can see it for what it is. If it was about the police state and out of control cops then why aren't they going nuts about the other instances AFTER the brown shootint IN THE STATE where cops were abusing thei authority ????!

Beuler? Beuler?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

This is not true. The Appalachian Community has community organizers to help better the community, and to act as advocates for the community.

What is The Alliance for Appalachia?

The Alliance for Appalachia is a coalition of 13 grassroots group and allies across the Appalachian region working to end mountaintop removal and other coal industry abuses and build a just and sustainable Appalachia.

Who is this training for?

This training is for anyone who is a new community organizer in Appalachia or who is interested in organizing in Appalachia in their community. By organizing, we mean a process of fostering relationships with nearby citizens to come together and work together to make change.

www.kftc.org...

I don't hear anyone calling this racist.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So you really think all those people that grew up in the 50's and 60's just up and forgot what was taught to them as right all around them everyday?
White people were above all others and anything other was sub human, and that was only 50 years ago.

Yes some minorities have made it, but the old white male still reigns supreme in our system.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

there are some 17,000 slaves in the UK, if they can point out that fact, why are there 17,000 slaves in the UK?

15,000 every year in America, more slavery today then any other time in history.
If they say 15,000 you can bet it's much higher

edit on 123030p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join