It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
Yeah that's because black people didn't enslave white people for 300 years then after servitude slavery was abolished stil subject to lynching, then after that that it's not like black people created an environment that would cause white people to destroy themselves by putting drugs and guns in the poorest areas then promoting a materialistic lifestyle, then at the end of the day complain why the people are savage, ahh well duh, you created that.. Lol.
But I say now in these days the only thing stopping black people is other black people, who love this world and continue imitating the people of this world.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Enough with the old ages. Stop living in the past. That is what is wrong with society today. Thinking they were them back then. Do you see the Irish acting like this today or the Jewish community? No excuse for the actions of the African Americans today. They did not come off a ship to be sold into slavery. They were born American, and should act American.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

'___' is also a mellowing drug, it's likely he was on something such as bath salts as Buster pointed out. I doubt even PCP. Since bath salts turn you into a cannibal and PCP makes you think you're invincible while '___' just makes you see pretty colors.

LMFAO @ the filter!
edit on 11/29/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The fact is, it's harder for a black person who is trying to succeed than it is for a white person who is trying to succeed.

So a couple NPR articles are supposed to make me change my mind of what I see every day with my own eyes?

The lumbermill I used to work at employed quite a large number of employees. The more "minorities" they employed, the less taxes they paid at the end of their fiscal year. 80 percent of the plant was black workers, easily.

I guess that's fair in your eyes though because of all the oppression us white folks dish out to the black community.

So tell me again how its so much harder for black folks? Its tough all around for everyone of every color today. Black, white, purple, does'nt matter.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Maybe if this incidence happened today & not 2 yrs
ago plus the Ohio murder & Furgeson, just maybe the focus
& rioting would be turned towards out of control police
instead of such a racial issue. I don' know but it just sad
how things are today in the world. We need more control
instead of our rights being taken away.

I was blown away by the attacks on the protesters during
the 1st round in Furgeson with the guard firing rubber bullets &
tear gas. It's a sad situation.

Cheers
Ektar

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Most people join gangs before they become teens, so what does the availability of business loans have to do with anything?

The poorest county in the united states in over 95% white.

Do you think there are more poor white people in America or poor black people in America? I know there are far more white people on government assistance if that is an indicator.

By what you argue it would seem the white man has been held down as there are more whites than blacks in poverty and on government assistance.

The very word "slave" comes from the peoples north of the Black sea. The Slavs. So many were taken into bondage in the Mediterranean area that the word for bondage became "slave" in common usage. Yet, today we as a people should feel a collective guilt over something that happened over 100 years ago? Where's the outrage over the attempted genocide against the Irish (prior to the import of African slaves to the colonies)? I guess they don't count.

The problem we face in America today is a lack of responsibility. It is glaringly obvious in the Ferguson case.

Two parents did a %$#& job of raising a child. When they couldn't handle him any more they pawned him off on the grandmother. When she couldn't handle him anymore she kicked him out and he lived with friends. Then, his lack of proper upbringing caught up with him and he was killed. All of a sudden his parents loved him and "my baby never hurt nobody/he was a gentle giant". Why wasn't that gentle giant living at home with his parents? Oh yea, they kicked him out because they couldn't handle him. But the fault lays everywhere except at their feet. Gods forbid anyone, anywhere take responsibility in todays world. That would be asking far too much.

edit on 29-11-2014 by 200Plus because: Geographic correction

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

Enough with the old ages. Stop living in the past. That is what is wrong with society today. Thinking they were them back then. Do you see the Irish acting like this today or the Jewish community? No excuse for the actions of the African Americans today. They did not come off a ship to be sold into slavery. They were born American, and should act American.

It's still easier to succeed if you are an Irishman or a Jew than it is if you are black. You are still more likely to be stopped by law enforcement if you are black, then if you are an Irishman or a Jew. You will still have a harder time getting a loan if you are black, then if you are an Irishman or a Jew (even if you have the same credit history). Tell me again how the Irish are the Jews are getting discriminated against today?

The reason why this keeps happening is because of years and years of certain attitudes towards the black population in America. History does matter, because it helps to explain why things are happening today.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread. Are you upset that the black community didn't stick up for this white guy, or are you simply pointing out the fact that white people aren't as dramatic and lawless as black people?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You think an Irish guy working at McDonalds has a better chance of getting loan than Ben Carson?

You think a Jew on unemployment has a better chance at a home loan than Juan Williams?

I am trying to understand, I am not trying to troll. Honestly.

Do you think poor whites have it easier than poor blacks? Do you think rich blacks have it harder than rich whites?

edit on 29-11-2014 by 200Plus because: then/than mistake

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

1) There were blacks who were racists in history. There are blacks who are racists - today.

2) Just because blacks haven't enslaved people in America, so? What does this have to do with ME personally, or anyone alive today for that matter? How does this change the fact that many whites were also misused? How about the Barbary slave trade in Africa which sold white slaves? Link

3) Nonsense. Gangs weren't created by blacks, some of the very first gangs in America were that of white Irish formed first to protect themselves against other white immigrants, later it developed more of a crime based organization to get by on. Two major gangs that sprung up FROM the Black Panther Party are the Crips and the Bloods. Neither had anything to do with anti-black violence from whites, but rather racial violence from Latinos during their influx to the U.S. during and after WWII.

So to further lessen your ignorance, please see this PDF from National Gang Center: NGC - History of Street Gangs in the United States

Remember, someone else's minority is someone else's oppressive majority.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Auricom because: Link fixed.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The gang issue continues due to multiple generations of blacks living in poverty, and being isolated from the white community; some early gangs started as self-protection from roving gangs of anti-black white urban youths.

There are a lot more whites then blacks period. That doesn't prove that it's not harder for a black person to succeed than a white person. The white man does not have a history of being held down like the black man does. I even gave some evidence in a prior post that blacks are still being held down today. It may or may not be intentional, but it happens.

When did I ever say we should feel guilt? I said it's understandable, considering a long history of oppression of whites against blacks in America, that many would be upset about what happened in Ferguson. By being upset, I don't mean violence and property damage. Plenty of people (blacks AND whites) were peacefully protesting, and I completely understand why.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I think an Irish guy working at McDonalds has a better chance of getting a loan than a black guy working at McDonalds. I think it is easier for a hard-working poor white to rise out of his situation than it is for a hard-working poor black to rise out of his situation.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000
a reply to: snarky412
Yeah that's because black people didn't enslave white people for 300 years then after servitude slavery was abolished stil subject to lynching, then after that that it's not like black people created an environment that would cause white people to destroy themselves by putting drugs and guns in the poorest areas then promoting a materialistic lifestyle, then at the end of the day complain why the people are savage, ahh well duh, you created that.. Lol.
But I say now in these days the only thing stopping black people is other black people, who love this world and continue imitating the people of this world.

Yeah. They enslaved their own people for well over 300 years. You do know slavery was alive and well long before America was founded don't you? it isn't a white thing

While we are at it, the people w this mindset and their ideological leaders they look up to are STILL guilty of enslaving the black people. Through encouraging this defeatist mindset and oppression crutch

Where is the outcry on THAT continued bondage!

I find that especially agrevious because they hold the keys to their own shackles in thei hands and REFUSE to free themselves
edit on 11/29/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Diabolical

It's still easier to succeed if you are an Irishman or a Jew than it is if you are black. You are still more likely to be stopped by law enforcement if you are black, then if you are an Irishman or a Jew. You will still have a harder time getting a loan if you are black, then if you are an Irishman or a Jew (even if you have the same credit history). Tell me again how the Irish are the Jews are getting discriminated against today?

The reason why this keeps happening is because of years and years of certain attitudes towards the black population in America. History does matter, because it helps to explain why things are happening today.

Well, I am Caucasian-Irish, I can't get a loan. My credit sucks. I get paid crap, not even 10 bucks an hour, I still can't get full time job after four years of loyalty, I have a Bachelors and still can't find a job in that field. And you want to say you have it rough? If it wasn't for medical reasons, I would be in the military. I can do the same thing that everyone else can. All I hear is that, I'm a liability. My medical problems, are not even enough to warrant SSI. Here's the kicker, most of my bosses are black. So, I think you can get ahead, if you put some effort into it, or those in Ferguson. Still, no excuse. So, cry me a river.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Is that taking into account the grants and institutions made available to minorities that are not made available to whites?

The added points for tests? I had to serve in the military (and be wounded) to get the extra points being born black would been granted to me automatically at the post office.

Is it taking into account the fact the ability for minority owned companies to bid higher than the lowest bid on Government contracts and still win (as the lowest bidder)?

Is it taking into account affirmative hiring practices in all local/state/federal and even most civilian jobs?

Or is it only taking into account the higher crime and unemployment in urban and predominately minority areas?

edit on 29-11-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
So, why the difference in reactions? Or lack of actions, should I say

I think the big difference is this:

The whole Ferguson fiasco probably could have been largely avoided if there wasn't such an extreme overreaction in the days immediately following the August 9th killing.

edit on 2014-11-29 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Not all black people where sold out by their brothers, you people love to try to excuse yourselves out the picture, some black people where kidnapped, some where tricked and some forced.
But in the midst of all that I want to add, you enslaved the direct lineage of God, that was like building house with bicks of c4... Doomed from the moment it was built.
edit on NovX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Not all black people where sold out by their brothers, you people love to try to excuse yourselves out the picture, some black people where kidnapped, some where tricked and some forced.
But in the midst of all that I want to add, you enslaved the direct lineage of God over, that was like building was like building a house with bricks of c4... Doomed.

And what year are you living in?

Last I checked it was 2014, I haven't heard of anyone being enslaved or kidnapped over color. It is people like you, who let this live on for generations.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

But in the midst of all that I want to add, you enslaved the direct lineage of God over, that was like building was like building a house with bricks of c4... Doomed.

I'm not excusing anything. I'm talking facts. And what do you mean "you people ". You use some very broad brushes yourself while commenting ....ironically...

I dunno what the last part of your post has to do with anything other than distraction from the fact you utterly dismissed historical fact and ongoing situations in favor of a narrow, idealistic , inaccurate viewpoint that fails to address the current situation

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

At my school, there are no grants for Caucasians, You have to be African American. Which, I did find unfair, that stopped me from applying for the grant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join