It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Is it only a 'race' issue when it's a White on Black incident?

Just pointing out the obvious even tho some will say that's a racist statement in itself. LOL

Funny how that works isn't it? And of course, people will say you're a racist for calling it like you see it.

I read a story a while back here on ATS about a white girl being abducted in new York a while back by two black men.

They took her to the roof of a building and brutally raped her. When they were done with her they threw her off the roof. She somehow survived with half her body permanently paralyzed.

No outrage, no riots, no cries of racial injustice.

This world is insane.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

It's not so insane really. Show me where in America there have been hundreds of years of whites being oppressed by blacks. Show me where whites have been lynched by the thousands. Show me where whites have been forced out of the "good" restaurants or the "good" hotels (even if they have the money to pay for it), or the "good" schools, or the front of the bus. There is no reason for whites as a race to be sensitive to violence against them by blacks, because there is no long history of it. Violence against anyone is bad, and we should be outraged by it in general, but there is a whole other issue when you are talking about a long history of violence, oppression and discrimination.

I don't know if the cop in Ferguson was justified in killing Michael Brown, because I wasn't there. But I understand why people are sensitive about it. It's not insane at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I guess white people are too lazy to protest about it? Or could it be that non minority/non poor have not been targeted by police long enough for it to fester yet?
edit on Sat, 29 Nov 2014 06:14:27 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

There is no reason for whites as a race to be sensitive to violence against them by blacks, because there is no long history of it.

Oh, so I have no right to be outraged about it because I haven't been "oppressed" like the blacks have? That's rich.

I never owned any slaves. Nobody in my family has ever owned slaves. I am not responsible for "oppressing" anyone. So I have every right to be outraged by this nonsensical tired old "I'm so oppressed because I am black" card that gets played constantly by the black community, yet ignored when the shoe is on the other foot.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

So get your signs made and go protest, instead of sitting here typing about it.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So get your signs made and go protest, instead of sitting here typing about it.

Nice rebuttal.

Protest what exactly?

Yeah protests solve all the problems. Just look at the stupidity that is Ferguson.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It's not going to cause a media firestorm because most white people -- or even Asians if it was an Asian, or Hispanic if it was a Hispanic -- aren't going to use the excuse of slavery/past racist treatment to get a Carte Blanche on their behavior. Because they know it wouldn't get them anywhere.

The past is not at excuse to act like an asshole, no matter what. Unfortunately, the US is so PC right now that telling an ethnic group that is considered a faux pas. What I can't figure out is when did it become ok for just one group to behave as wildly as possible in situations like this, whereas if anyone else did it, it would be instantly racist and crass?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I guess the Barbary slave trade, which went on for about 300 years, doesn't count because it wasn't in America.

But, there won't be any outrage, riots, protests, international support, etc... about this kid, about Dillon Taylor, or any of the other examples of black cop versus white kid that can be found.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Thurisaz

we reap what we sow......

great analogy but tell me... where does it start and stop?

can we be sure that we, the whites were not previously enslaved by the blacks? History is written by the winners... the Hittite Civilization has been conveniently omitted from the history books. FACT.

I don't believe in superiority based on skin color etc... but since this seems to be the undertone of the collective... I guess I will have to stoop down to that level and describe People as black, white, yellow or red skinned.

I like to consider myself as a butterfly and prior to that, I was a caterpillar and when I entered the chrysalis, I became what I needed to be in order to survive in the environment I would exist in.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Protest what exactly?

Well yeah, that was kinda my point about the whites. Nothing much to protest.

Yeah protests solve all the problems. Just look at the stupidity that is Ferguson.

Peaceful protests are quite effective. Martin Luther King Jr. is a good example of that.
edit on 29-11-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Show me where in America there have been hundreds of years of whites being oppressed by blacks. Show me where whites have been lynched by the thousands.

There is no reason for whites as a race to be sensitive to violence against them by blacks, because there is no long history of it. Violence against anyone is bad, and we should be outraged by it in general, but there is a whole other issue when you are talking about a long history of violence, oppression and discrimination.

FBI UCR: Homicide Victim/Offender Racial Comparison

I won't bore you with the math, but if you get down to ratios you are much more likely as a white individual to be murdered by a black individual than you are as a black individual to be murdered by a white individual.

Granted the likelihood of being killed by your own race is still much more likely.

Feel free to look at real numbers regarding violent crimes/homicides in the US: FBI 2013 Uniform Crime Report Could it be that instead of blacks being violent due to the extra scrutiny they face, it's due to their embracing/worship of a violent culture?

The facts speak for themselves. 13.6% of the population commit nearly 40% of all murders. Can you imagine the global reaction if white Americans were equally as violent?
edit on 29-11-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Well yeah, that was kinda my point about the whites. Nothing much to protest.

I can go make a sign and find a place where there is people and walk around in a circle shouting some catchy phrase but what exactly is that supposed to accomplish in this instance? Nothing. The media will just keep on portraying blacks as the slaved out victims of whites and ignoring black hate crimes on whites like such a thing as a black racist is impossible.

Peaceful protests are quite effective. Martin Luther King Jr. is a good example of that.

Then maybe you should tell that to the "oppressed" people in Ferguson. Seems they need a reminder.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
this same thing is happening in europe, however, in that case, it's muslims vs. europeans. when the gov sticks up for you to the extent of alienating the indigenous/majority population, sound the alarm, you are the actual target.
edit on 29-11-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

I found it interesting in your chart that over 90 percent of blacks are murdered by other blacks.

Yet its the white people that get blamed for oppressing blacks.

Seems to me they don't need any help because they are doing an excellent job of oppressing themselves.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I cannot believe some of the replies so far in this thread.

This killing is somehow understandable because "white people mistreated black people in the past"? You really want to argue down that route?

Why does this "guilt by association" trend only apply to white people?

edit on 29/11/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

You're right, the 'race' issue uproar only occurs when it is a percieved White on Black incident. The MSM focuses on creating greater racial tension by trying to prove that all whites are racist and believe that they are superior to all other races, but especially towards blacks.

Just a few months before the George Zimmerman (White/Hispanic)/Trayvon Martin (African American) incident there was a very similar occurance in, I believe it was Texas where an African American man shot an 18 year old White kid who he didn't think belonged in the neighborhood and he felt threatened by him. No charges were brought and it was only covered on local news, not national.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
1) "You reap what you sow" - Exactly what has any American today with racism before they were born? Many white people here are immigrants themselves who came after that part in history.

2) Whites HAVE been slaves, numerous times throughout history. Also, fun fact: African's sold African's to slavers. So why isn't Africa "reaping" anything?

3) Gang culture is the No. 1 cause of incarceration amongst African-American youths. Why isn't the African-American community outraged?

"Our shackles may not be made of iron, but of political correctness."

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

None of those numbers from last year change the fact that there is a HISTORY of oppression against blacks in America. A long history, stretching over many, many years.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WanderingSage

Facts, common sense, history, I would have thought you would be flamed by the race baiters and just plain haters of anyone with historical facts that blacks weren't the only mistreated race in the world through out time.

But then again sometimes facts are better left alone when you have an agenda to keep the hate on track.

Nice post, find time to do a thread.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

None of those numbers from last year change the fact that there is a HISTORY of oppression against blacks in America. A long history, stretching over many, many years.

My family came here at the turn of the 20th century, and had zero part in the slave trade, there's nothing to be reaped from what we never had a part in. It is history now, not everyday life, that needs to be understood. No one born after the civil rights movement owes anyone jack ish. People in the midst of it? Up to that generation to hammer out, no one else.

The fact that you're sitting here excusing poor behavior and entitlement complexes because "The past, duh!" shows inability to support personal responsibility. That in and of itself is very wrong on many levels, and perpetuates this free-for-all mindset. It's time to own up and grow up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join