It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Another unarmed teen killed by a cop

Another cop claiming 'self defense'

Another Grand Jury result with 'No indictment' against the cop

Where's the outcry?
Where's the rage and the protestors?
What no looting and burning the town down all in the name of justice?

Oh I forgot to mention ---it was a White teen killed by Black cop

The 17 yo black teen was called a kid
The 18 yo white teen was called a man

This incident happened in 2012:

A two-year-old case involving the shooting death of an unarmed 18-year-old white man by a black police officer is gaining attention on social media in the wake of this week’s protests and rioting in Ferguson, Missouri.

Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs was shot and killed Oct. 6, 2012, by Officer Trevis Austin, who is black, in Mobile, Alabama. Despite public pressure for an indictment, a Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Officer Austin, concluding that the officer acted in self-defense.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So, why the difference in reactions? Or lack of actions, should I say

Is it only a 'race' issue when it's a White on Black incident?

Just pointing out the obvious even tho some will say that's a racist statement in itself. LOL

edit on 29-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

that is weird. I am still trying to fathom this.

a 'Black Cop kills a White kid' and no outcry?

hmmm puzzling

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
afterthought and there are many.

I wish I could give you lots of stars and flags... but I can only give one

s & f great find

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

yanno... (sorry 3 posts in a row) I just couldn't help it, I have to keep coming back to this

this thread will probably fall off the page with very little attention. Why? Cos The President's agenda is Black.

omg... I could get into trouble for writing that.
edit on CST03000000Sat, 29 Nov 2014 03:02:39 -06000239am332 by Thurisaz because: typo

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

You know, it seems that racial tension is at an all time high since Obama has been in office

He injected himself into the TM/Zimmerman case...'that could have been my son' when it wasn't necessary
And now this case [black victim]

Thought with a bi-racial, er I mean black president, things would settle down some

Notice he didn't have anything to say about this white kid killed by a black officer

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
We all know the reasons why. Not much to say.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The cop should be put to death in this case also.... Rally your people up, outrage....Riot, loot, whatever. Nobody is stopping you.

Now where are all the people to defend the cops actions? Or are they not going to because he is black? I'm confused by all this....

+32 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

When someone only cares about people of their own skin color being killed that is the definition of racist.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

that is weird. I am still trying to fathom this.

a 'Black Cop kills a White kid' and no outcry?

hmmm puzzling

it is not really puzzling......years of oppression build in the human psyche ...all that you really need to try and do is walk a mile in someone elses shoes

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yup that was my point. I've been saying the other cop was wrong all day, only to get complete opposite reactions, saying the cop was defending himself against a thug... I would assume the same people would be here saying the cop was defending himself against a drug addict. If he was unarmed I'm going to immediately side with the victim

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

are you suggesting that all the years of white supremacy (um... the era of slavery) has created this?

and does that mean we deserve their animosity?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Ahh screw this I don't even want to post in another racism thread, apologies op.
edit on 29-11-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

The pro black on the other case came from me believing it was racially motivated and was about race. Idk about this one yet I'll pick an actual verdict of my own when people start discussing the actual event.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

we reap what we sow......the way i see it is that the human race has 2 choices (maybe more but for arguments sake lets go with 2)....we either live the past and are doomed for repetition or we band together and work together to make this place better for one and all

link   
People will start outraging when this becomes a regular headline like it is when white cops kill unarmed blacks. You'll see...... that's when the KKK becomes your spokes person.

link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

The pro black on the other case came from me believing it was racially motivated and was about race. Idk about this one yet I'll pick an actual verdict of my own when people start discussing the actual event.

Well on the other case, they instantly went bezerk before all the facts came out
And the the MSM just stirred the pot that much more

A lot of the blame of the build up of the racial tension lays squarely on the media

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Sorry I edited out my post, the race issue gets me too wound up to be honest. Too many idiots on all sides.

Idk about this one yet I'll pick an actual verdict of my own when people start discussing the actual event.

A rare win for logic and patience, have a star before I depart.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

In all honesty the reason there's rioting in Ferguson over this stupid incident is because of the entitlement factor. "Oh we were slaves for 100 years so now we should be put on a pedestal" Well here's a few reasons why it should just be forgotten
1. The Hebrew people were enslaved for about 430 years (they're not whining)Oh and 6 million killed less than a 100 years ago.
2. If your ANCESTORS (not you) weren't brought to America all that time ago you'd be living in Africa. Do you know what that's like? I do. I'm there now. IT SUCKS!
3. The sooner racism is not brought up anymore then it is gone. Claiming racism for everything is what creates racism.
4. Stop calling yourself African Americans. You are an AMERICAN. That is creating a divide as well. They traced a large portion of Black people's DNA and did you know most was traced back to Europe? Funny huh?

These are just a few things. I've been wanting to make a thread, but I am too busy lately. Deployment sucks. Ha

S&F btw

edit on 29-11-2014 by WanderingSage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I am sick of the black wails and screams of injustice and would like to see all the statistics of this kind of killing concerning black and white officers. The white kid/man was unarmed yet there is to be no investigation.

Its as though there is a conspiracy to keep the peace and the white masses quiet and uninvolved when it comes to racial crime and the statists tell a very different level of crime done by black onto white victim.

I do wonder why if you are black and you don't want to integrate and live peacefully within a country predominantly white, you simply don't get onto a plane and go back to Africa. Africa has some of the fastest growing ecopnomies in its countries in the world and so it would probably offer much better job prospects than small town america.

Right or wrong a lot of white people don't care what skin colour you are but it seems to be very different the other way round.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Is that a white Alabama population being policed by a majority black force? Are there decades of perceived racial oppression against these whites by the majority black police and majority black governors and politicians?

If your answer is no to any of these scenarios, you've got the answer to your OP.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join