It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Death, There Are Only Shades Of Grey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Discussing an individual's character after they have passed away can be a tricky process.

We generally tend to refrain from speaking badly about those that have passed on for various reasons: not wanting to attack somebody's character when they are unable to defend themselves, not wanting to upset the loved ones of the person, wanting to honour their memory in a positive light etc. all come to mind.

This, of course, also works in reverse when somebody known to have participated in notorious forms of behaviour dies. We tend to only remember them for their negative behaviour and disregard any good they might have done.

The common thread in both scenarios is that we forget that except for a very tiny percentage, the vast majority of people are complex organisms with a range of positive & negative traits/behaviours/inclinations.

This complexity is deepened further when we take into account that people have different relationships with others, and there are a myriad of perspectives about that person and how they are viewed as an individual.

Somebody that is a hero to many can be a villain to few. One person's hero is another person's villain. You know how it goes...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Yes ,so it seems , a cricketer died here in Aus , the other day ,.

We don't like cricket ...... We love it ....... !!!!!!

I am not a follower of cricket , but this young man only 25 years old, got hit by a ball in a freak accident and
passed away .

You could see from the media reports that he was exceptional and he looked to have a wonder full personality
and amazing talent.

Only the good die young.......

This world does not allow anything exceptionally good for us to enjoy joy joy joy.

There would be plenty of examples out there .

So why what does it ?

I was gonna do a thread and had a bit to say , but I pulled back until I came to ATS today , after a week off , and
saw your thread and felt to comment.

Running out of megabites so have to get off computer soon ,for a little while.

Thanks and cheers 1%

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.

The evil that men do lives after them;

The good is oft interrèd with their bones.

So let it be with Caesar.

new topics

join