It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Reasons to use Apple Cider Vinegar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When choosing ACV, the most potent form of cider vinegar is unpasteurized or organic ACV, which contains the “mother” of the vinegar – a cobweb-like appearing substance that makes the vinegar look slightly congeale

I personally use Bragg's ACV and mix about 2 Tbl. spoon ACV along with 2 spoons of honey, dash of cinnamon, and a tsp. of Black Strap Molasses and mix with warm water

Here are just a few health benefits of using ACV:

1. Sooth a Sore Throat

You can mix about 1/3 of a cup of apple cider vinegar with warm water and use it to gurgle with. Of the numerous natural sore throat remedies many resort to this one. You can also mix it with honey and hot water for more of a tea like drink.

2. As a Natural Home Cleaner & Detoxifier

Many store bought cleaners contain harmful chemicals and toxins. You can ditch them and use apple cider vinegar instead. This vinegar is a great alternative to conventional cleaning products.

3. Give You Shiny Hair

To see how apple cider vinegar can be used to improve your hair shine simply use it after you wash your hair with shampoo.

4. Improve Skin Health

Apple cider vinegar can be used to treat skin issues from eczema to dry skin and psoriasis. Simply rub some on the affected areas with a cotton ball.

5.Help with Weight Loss

Studies have shown that adding apple cider vinegar to your diet can lower body fat, weight and waist circumference. You can simply add 2 teaspoons to 16 ounces of water each day.

6. Treatment for Acid Reflux & Heartburn

Acid reflux is not caused by too much acid. In many cases it’s not enough acid that is causing the problem. Apple cider vinegar can help balance out the missing acid in your system. Use a teaspoon followed by a glass of water.

7. Apple Cider Vinegar Freshens Your Mouth and Removes Stains From Teeth

To use for bad breath, mix with water and swish. For teeth stains apply apple cider vinegar directly to the teeth and rub. Rinse with water.

8. Relieves Itching

All it takes is a small bit of apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball to relieve the itch of a mosquito bite. Just dab a little bit on the bite and voila!

9. Excellent for Your Lymphatic System

One of the powerful benefits of apple cider vinegar is its ability to reduce mucous and sinus congestion. Thus, it can help fight off sinus infections and cleanse the lymph system.

Source

These are just a few healthful benefits of using ACV

The first I became aware of ACV was when I stumbled upon the site 'Earth Clinic' a few years ago

Aside from even these household purposes, however, apple cider vinegar is an operative health remedy that can treat a wide range of ailments.

Not simply a condiment anymore, apple cider vinegar has been lauded as one of the most beneficial health tonics available. Medical research backs many of the healing claims attributed to apple cider vinegar while research even suggests that apple cider vinegar is effective for treating such widespread conditions as diabetes and obesity.

With all of these nutrients and others, apple cider vinegar is effective for treating a wide range of conditions. Often used in conjunction with organic honey, cider vinegar has a range of useful applications including treating osteoporosis, weight loss, leg cramps and pain, upset stomach and sore throat. The liquid can also be used to alleviate sinus congestion, high blood pressure, arthritis and high cholesterol. The tonic is even effective for detoxing the body, stimulating thinking, reversing the aging process, regulating blood pressure and fighting infection.

Apple cider vinegar can be used effectively internally and externally. The vinegar is often used as an astringent or toner for treating a number of skin conditions. Other common ailments apple cider vinegar can treat include acne, sunburn, shingles, insect bites, dandruff, allergic reactions and vaginal infections.

Now we use it all the time and if you can get past the smell, LOL, it is a useful natural tool to have at home

I also want to throw in Eisegesis's thread about the use of coconut oil as well...that too has many purposes good for ones health
Which more info on it can also be found at the 'Earth Clinic' link from above...

*After just four days of oil pulling, I am truly amazed*

Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut Oil is a must have in every home!!

edit on 28-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Also good for blood sugar levels this stuff works wonders!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yup, I drink a tiny bit everyday diluted in water throughout the day. If it has the "mother" in it, it's what to drink. I keep it in my fridge (not sure if I should) but it's always been fresh. S + F this and essential lemon oil and peppermint oil is a godsend.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What of thelemon oil and pepermint oil?? Yea i leave it in my cupboard i don't think it makes a diff whether cold or room temp. a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I use the lemon and peppermint oils in cleaning. A tiny bit of lemon oil, white vinegar and some baking soda cleans stuff fairly well. The peppermint oil helps keep mice away. And it's nice if you add a tiny drop on a diffuser (stuff is potent).

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thank you sir ill have to try it i like the lavender in a diffuser kinda relaxes me and when my bhronchitis acts up ill bring water to a boil drop in some eucalyptus oil in and boom bye bhronchitis. ..a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

i gotta admit, this thread and the Oils thread have me intrigued.

But being a guy, I have to say, after a few beers I feel good as well.
I know...poor attempt at humor, but it has been proven that the daily beer helps as well. (As long as it's old school beer, none of that massed produced US crap)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I'm an occasional cider drinker and that stuff makes me feel alright. But for long term health benefits, I stick with ACV. Short term, after work benefits, cider

With certain essential oils caution is preferable. They can be very potent and kinds like lemon oil have to be diluted or used in very tiny amounts or they can create a burning sensation.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I know...poor attempt at humor, but it has been proven that the daily beer helps as well. (As long as it's old school beer, none of that massed produced US crap)

I understand TDawg, truly I do!!

But.....but if you ever run out of beer [egads nooos...
] you can always substitute the ACV since it kinda looks the same as beer, kinda
Of course, it will lack the buzz as well as taste!!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I eat lemons whole, like a apple. I love 'em! Of course, being sour and all I have a hard time opening my lip to take another bite sometimes.

I know they weren't actual lemon, but I miss Jolly Rancher lemon too. Good tasting stuff!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

] you can always substitute the ACV since it kinda looks the same as beer, kinda

Well , Hells Bells! Holy Crap! and Sumabitch! I know I'm getting old when I'm considering ACV over beer!

NO! NO! NO!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Haha I do the same thing! I get odd looks from everybody. I wish I could do it often but I worry about my teeth. My stomach must be like iron, I used to eat tons of grapefruits in one sitting and I never got that acidic feeling. Never had Jolly Rancher lemons, they stopped making them?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

A bit off topic, but yea, Jolly Rancher stopped making them back in the 90's. Must have been the dye or something. They replaced them with the dull Blue Raspberry. (And it really is a dull flavor)

I've never worried about the acid in citrus. While I'm not a fan of raw grapefruit, I do like making drinks out of it.

I guess I'll never have scurvy. Yarrgh!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I've always enjoyed a scurvy free life. Mostly I prefer raw fruits and veggies but I juice and make shakes occasionally. Sometimes I'll add ACV into it or lemons.

That's another bit of advice for people who may not be able to take ACV (diluted in water of course), some people don't like it. If it's mixed in a smoothie, maybe a teaspoon or so per 30 ounces of smoothie, it helps with the taste. The ratio isn't really set in stone but as long as it's not a huge amount of vinegar and doesn't sting your throat you should be good to go.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well , Hells Bells! Holy Crap! and Sumabitch! I know I'm getting old when I'm considering ACV over beer!

NO! NO! NO!

Just make sure you add some honey to it first before you take a big swig of it!!
Don't say I didn't warn you....LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Just make sure you add some honey to it first before you take a big swig of it!!
Don't say I didn't warn you....LOL

Ok, that little statement has me worried. Is this stuff natures version of MoviPrep? If so, I'm not sure I want to try it.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Apple Cider Vinegar is so good for you,
in so many ways, that it will probably be banned
soon!
Hoo Haa

S&F

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Yeah so true! That and real honey and a variety of other common wonders. It'll be a cold day in hell when they come to seize my lemon oil and ACV, I'll immediately drop to the floor and every form of illness that's been kept away from me for years from the ACV will rush onto me and destroy me totally.

Or I'll just move to another country where they don't arrest backyard gardeners

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just can't stand the taste so I prefer to take it in capsules.
It suck though, I feel like trowing up with just a drop.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I just can't stand the taste so I prefer to take it in capsules.
It suck though, I feel like trowing up with just a drop.

I would imagine that is what the honey and lemon are for. To tame the taste.

And they are good on their own as well.

But I'm talking out my ass here as I haven't tried it yet, but my brains taste buds tell me it shouldn't be to bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join