It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence Day Sequel Confirmed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well That is Good news!
Thanks

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

yeah, I know , you love massive battles as well.

Rock On !

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: lostbook

I watched the first one with anticipation.

Then WILL SMITH knocks out an alien with one punch.

For the first time ever, I left the theater.

Peace

This movie was a turd and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I would have left the theater but I didn't have a ride home. That was a long couple of hours.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

ID1 was a cool movie and smart as a box of spanners. ID2 could be just as stupid and just as entertaining. I hope so!

The sci-fi movie I can't wait for is the District 9 sequel: The Prawns Strike Back.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
S&F for the great news!
I loved the first one, and can't wait for the second one.

IMO it doesn't have to have Goldblum and Smith, it really doesn't matter as long as the storyline is interesting, the actors are good, the special effects are amazing, and they kick some alien a$$.

Smith punching the alien and then draggin him across the desert was epic.
This is not a historical movie, nor a drama. It's an action/ sci fi/ comedy, it doesn't have to have a deeper meaning, just be entertaining.

I say bring it on!
edit on 29/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
HA ha- "Independence Day" is one of the few movies I have actually walked out on!

Sal

a reply to: jude11

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Maybe this time the aliens won't park their ships so close. Hasn't anyone in Hollywood figured out all they have to do is sit back and hurl rocks to destroy cities?

Silly aliens.

That's exactly how the aliens do it in the book "Footfall". The whole premise is that the aliens left their home as soon as they had the tech' to do so, so weren't actually that technologically superior to us, and just threw asteroids at us.

Niven and Purnell...READ IT, s'good (Also "Lucifer's Hamer")

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster

originally posted by: intrptr

Maybe this time the aliens won't park their ships so close. Hasn't anyone in Hollywood figured out all they have to do is sit back and hurl rocks to destroy cities?

Silly aliens.

That's exactly how the aliens do it in the book "Footfall". The whole premise is that the aliens left their home as soon as they had the tech' to do so, so weren't actually that technologically superior to us, and just threw asteroids at us.

Niven and Purnell…READ IT, s'good (Also "Lucifer's Hamer")

I have, both of them. 'Foot Fall' is where I got the idea from. Excellent books. Lucifers Hammer is one of my favorites.

When dude looks down he sees two shadows on the ground… and one of them is moving…

A gazillion ergs of Hot Fudge Sunday, lol.

Haven't read "Mote in Gods Eye" yet… based on we both liked the other books… have you read that, is it worth it?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My fav movie of all time! Not much anticipation for the sequel though,
the original was perfect. I can't understand how anyone could NOT like
this movie--great directing, acting, story, everything. Pullman's speech
actually makes me tear up lol at myself.

Sorry guys, sometimes you have to suspend your critical analysis of
the physics involved and just enjoy th experience. I mean in Star Wars
they "make the jump to light speed" instantly, which would take at least
six months to achieve pulling six g's the whole way, and that's okay with
you, but you can't believe we uploaded a computer virus or punched
out an alien....ummm, okay, whatever...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm still hoping for an X-Files the alien invasion of 2012 thing...
a reply to: Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It was said in some circles that Will wanted his crappy acting kid and some others from his family in it, and a massive paycheck for a sequel, supposedly that is why he didn't want to do ID4-2 a reply to: lostbook

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Dude I never knew this, Bill Pullman's speech in the first, for me, is the most awesome speech ever! I still remember buying it on VHS!! It came with a limited edition hologram on it, it was buzzing

Can't wait for this one too, on top of this we have a new Terminator movie, Batman vs Superman, Justice League, Jurassic World, I don't know how I contain myself!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
HA ha- "Independence Day" is one of the few movies I have actually walked out on!

Sal

a reply to: jude11

There's no accounting for taste.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To be honest, Independence Day is one of my favourite films.

Yeah, I know there's many faults with the plot etc.
Yeah, I know that yet again America gets to save the world.
Yeah, I know it has more than its fair share of cliché's.

But if you just sit back, relax and just watch it for what it is then its actually very entertaining.

Many Sci-Fi movies take themselves just a bit too serious and are sadly lacking in the entertainment department. (I really enjoy watching and reading GOOD Sci-Fi).

If they do make a sequel, which I'm not convinced would be a good idea, then I would like to see all the characters / actors return....not sure I like the thought young Smith playing a role.

I would like to see a sequel to Close Encounters and Contact.

Can't recall who mentioned Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle - excellent book. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
There have been rumours about a movie version going round for years - I'm not sure I'd like to see that as I have my perception and vision etc.

Another series of books I'd recommend are Greg Bear's The Way series beginning with Eon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join