It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Picture That Says Everything About Black Friday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I know but still people should practice what they preach. If people think America and the UK is a "Christian Nation" at least act like one. Otherwise stop calling themselves Christians.

You are making the assumption that everyone in the photo are Christians. Not everyone who gives gifts on that day are Christian, I give gifts but I am about as far from Christian as you can get.

Again, Black Friday consumerism has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

On Black Friday, while the zombies are stocking up on TVs and play stations, I'm buying ammo.

Who has the hot deals? I could use some .308.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

www.slickguns.com
www.ammoseek.com

www.cheaperthandirt.com

And believe it or not Walmart has a ton of good deals on ammo. Picked up quite a bit of 9mm for 26 bucks. Winchester White box.
edit on pSat, 29 Nov 2014 09:27:58 -0600201429America/Chicago2014-11-29T09:27:58-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

www.cheaperthandirt.com

That is who I typically use. I will check out the others.

And believe it or not Walmart has a ton of good deals on ammo. Picked up quite a bit of 9mm for 26 bucks. Winchester White box.

Yeah, that. I live in goddamned New Jersey and the local Walmart does not sell ammo.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You gotta move brother.

When TSHTF you don't want to be surrounded by millions of Snookies trying to take what you have.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You gotta move brother.

When TSHTF you don't want to be surrounded by millions of Snookies trying to take what you have.

Millions of Snookies?

Scarier than Black Friday...

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i struggle to imagine the mindset that considers next years trash worth fighting over.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Seems you are not the only one.
Just read this this morning that the cia is working around the clock with all those weapons sold (144.000 buyers) on black friday, checking back ground info etc.

www.demorgen.be...

Use google chrome translate.. ^

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Its not the CIA that does background checks on new gun purchases.

It is the NICS that does so under the authority of the BATFE.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well found same article on cnn and they say;
edition.cnn.com...

The staggering number of checks -- an average of almost three per second, nearly three times the daily average -- falls on the shoulders of 600 FBI and contract call center employees who will endure 17-hour workdays in an attempt to complete the background reviews in three business days, as required by law, FBI spokesman Stephen Fischer said.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The FBI and the CIA are not the same organization.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

ah okay my fault but that's not the point anyways.. more about you where not really alone stocking weapons or ammunition.

Which are basicly as well consumption products.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

This is why I do the majority of my holiday shopping online, people get so disgusting when shopping Black Friday sales.

I worked retail for many years, there were always huge sales at the store around the holidays. One year, there were down comforters on sale at a super discounted rate and there was one left. Apparently someone "saw it first" but the other shopper actually grabbed it off the shelf first so the lady that saw it first punched the second customer in her face and knocked her out. She then proceeded to pick up the comforter and walk to the cash wrap to make her purchase, it was a crazy scene.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Ammo is simply a necessity.

I don't actually own many weapons. I have a semi-automatic pistol, and a 76 year old Russian Mosin Nagant bolt action rifle.

I've traded away or sold off most of my weapons. My next weapons purchase will be something nice for my wife that isn't some crappy, tiny little pistol that she will hate.

A lot of the purchasing was probably done mostly by people who already own firearms. People like me, for instance.

Ammo doesn't require a background check in most states and localities.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ammo is simply a necessity

How so? you ever had a day that you would have died without it?

That said; nice weapon that Mosin Nagant bolt!

If I would buy a weapon it's main reasons would be; just nice to have / shooting for fun and just looking at it basicly.

edit on 29-11-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm all for capitalism, but it has gotten to a point of perversion. Politicians are bought and paid for. More and more corners are cut in the workplace and low-level workers are feeling it the most. We sell weapons to enemies for profit. The NSA has become a corporate tool, spying on foreign petroleum companies that might bring business competition. You can hardly do anything without being bombarded by advertising. It's disgusting.

30 years ago, if your job was waiting tables, you could pay for a house, a car, feed your children, and likely a couple weeks of vacation each year. Commercialization was at a bearable level, the worship of profit hadn't superseded quality of life yet. There was some sense of privacy still. This is the type of capitalism, one with respect, and at least an abysmal amount of dignity, that I like.

What we have now is disturbing on so many levels. Literally ever facet of life has been commercialized at this point. Tyranny has shifted; it is no longer government who oppresses, for in reality, government is the b*tch and the the tool of the corporate masters.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes I have.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Without being military (your job) related? Bit short answer..

Anyhow I don't know anyone who needed ammo ever over here as a life saver.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: Tangerine
Rather than frightening, I would characterize it as "dazed" if I had to pick one word. I grew up in a family whose "day after Thanksgiving" tradition was to wrap Christmas presents for people less fortunate. My mother was an excellent seamstress and made dozens of articles of clothing each year. My grandmother and aunts made quilts from the scraps of those clothes. They also knitted and crocheted mufflers and mittens.
On Thanksgiving Day everyone met at my Grandparents' home for dinner and brought with them their handiwork for the year. On the day after Thanksgiving all the kids and several of the aunts met at Grandma's and wrapped presents and boxed canned goods to be given to poor families in the community.
I saw the joy created when one gives of their talents just to make the world a little happier. I knew when I packed those flannel pajamas and a sock monkey into a box with a quilt and my Grandmother's homemade blackberry jam that some kid was gonna have a warm and loved feeling.
So there I was, a hippie chick, trying to fit in with her husband's family. Their tradition was to charge down to the mall and max out as many credit cards as possible, stopping only when the vehicle's capacity is exceeded.

It was an eye-opening experience.
I have no idea how to convince people not to act like they do. The ones I brought into the world don't behave that way nor do their offspring so at least I've avoided adding to the problem. They were sorting toys collected by the Fraternal Order of Police today.
I'm at a loss as to how to "unwash" the brains of those who have bought into "Stuff makes you happy."
Perhaps my ability to resist the pull of consumerism comes from the fact that I didn't live in a house with a tv until I was 27 years old. That tv got one local network and PBS and the time it was turned on was limited. We preferred music to tv. Our kids were raised on music that ranged from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Jefferson Airplane, John Prine and Jimmy Buffett with a healthy dose of classical stuff.
To me it seems to be a clue that the banksters are still winning the battle for hearts and minds.

What a wonderful family tradition! I also have no idea how to convince people to not act as they do. Yes, it does seem that the money grubbers are winning the battle for hearts and minds. But as long as there are some people like you, there's hope. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

when the stores play up these big sales and make sure they have only a limited quantity of items on sale then they are at least partly to blame because the people know they are in competition with the other shoppers to obtain one of the 50 that they have in stock.

I haven't been to a black friday sale in decades
it isn't worth the hassle.

Unless you're willing to go all the way, never get out of the boat (or the car at the mall).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join